Friday, March 13, 2020

What's next for my writing?


As many of you know, I just published book 3 in my Protectors of the Spear trilogy!  She Walks in Majesty.  (If you haven't read it, I encourage you to check it out! It's getting great reviews!)  So, now what?  I have a few ideas up my sleeves as usual. Many of you have asked me to add more books to my Legacy of the King's Pirates series, and I definitely plan on doing that in the future. I had so much fun writing medieval fantasy that I might try my hand at that again.  I could also add to my Surrender to Destiny series. There's so many fascinating things that happened in the War of 1812. I'm also considering a Revolutionary War Series about America's Privateers!  

However, for right now, I'm planning on taking a short break from writing. I published my first book in 2006 and in the past 14 years, I've written and published 25 books and 3 novellas. Crazy!  The past 5 years, I've kept up that schedule while watching grandkids during the daytime. Needless to say I'm a bit burned out. I've been diagnosed with Adrenal fatigue which results in Cortisol imbalance that disturbs my sleep.  The only cure is rest, something I'm not very good at. I'm more like those EverReady Bunnies on TV commercials that constantly go go go!  I'm not even sure I know how to rest!  But rest I must. This is from the Lord. So, for the next few months, I'm going to focus on my grandkids and resting as much as I can. I still plan on keeping up with my blog and Facebook posts as much as possible. And I still plan on writing again! 

Look at all my books!
 

This Writing Business can really cause stress if you let it. There's a ton of competition and extreme pressure to market, market, market and produce, produce, produce!  But I need to step away and trust that the Lord will sell the books I've already written to people who need to read them and hence, supply the money I need to pay expenses. 

HOWEVER, once I start writing again, I plan on working on a Time Slip novel called Timeless Treasure. What is a time slip?  My understanding is that it is a story that takes place in both the present and the past, but it isn't a time-travel. It's two separate stories, past and present, that are somehow intertwined by place or an object. 

Without giving too much away, my story will take place in Charleston, SC where a young lady in possession of an ancient coin and some love letters from a pirate named Stede Bonnet goes in search of the treasure he buried. The story shifts from her world back into the past where Bonnet, otherwise known as the Gentleman pirate, sets out to pirate the Caribbean but runs into trouble after trouble. The two stories are intertwined by far more than the coin and treasure but by ancestry and similar struggles both must overcome. Cool huh?

My hope, and God willing, is that I will finish and release this Christmas 2020

This all depends on whether the Lord comes to get us between now and then! If so, I'll write it in heaven!

 

13 comments:

  1. I know all about fatigue, so please rest and take care of yourself. I love your books having discovered them through one of your free offers. Now I am slowly making my way through them and enjoying them so much. It is so refreshing to read good books without all the bad words that people add that doesn't enhance the story at all. I'll be looking forward to your new book at Christmas, provided the Lord has not returned. God bless you and your family and protect all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karen! I'm glad you are enjoying my books. :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh I’m sorry your going through that! Praying God’s healing power to touch every part of you while you rest. Also that Jesus will be your comfort and continue to surround you with his presence. Look forward to reading your next novel!!!��. Have fun with the grands. I know I am too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jody. I'm hoping to spend more time in Jesus's presence. Talk about peace!

      Delete
  3. Praying you'll get your much needed rest, but will selfishly admit after reading "She Walks In Love" and anxiously awaiting my copy of "She Walks In Majesty", I'll miss diving into your next book until Christmas. Fortunately for me, I have a 'MaryLu Tyndall' shelf on my bookcase to hold me over. :-) Go grab that pillow "Be Still" and rest and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be praying for you as you rest and renew. May God’s strong, loving arms wrap around you during this time and give you peace.
    (P.S. Enjoy your grands!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie! And yes, I adore my grandkids. What a blessing from the Lord!

      Delete
  5. Please take care of yourself. With me, I had to stop doing my blog and stop reading/reviewing for too many authors. My grandchildren are my main focus....they grow so fast. I don't even get excited about a new book unless it is written by you, Michelle or Linore. I feel bad sometimes about it, but I honestly don't "feel" like reading the way I used to. I'm sure that will change once my days aren't filled with caring for my grandchildren. You're such an inspiration to me, my friend. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our enemy loves to keep us busy doing things that aren't important or things that keep us from spending time with Jesus. They may even be good things, but our number 1 focus needs to be on Jesus and then on family! You are doing the right thing, Chappy. Never feel bad about it. :-) I'm just glad to find myself among the few authors you want to read. LOL Hugs!

      Delete
    2. Always. Your books inspire, entertain and strengthen my faith. I appreciate you so much. ❤

      Delete
  6. So sorry you are not feeling well. I pray you will get the rest you need and to be able to enjoy your little ones. Your bookcase looks like my shelf of your books. I want to thank you not only for the pleasure of reading your books but the kindness of your friendship over the years. You are by far the nicest-sweetest—Dedicated believer of Christ, and a great instructor of His word and the end times. You have helped me and I am sure many others -how to look towards the coming of our Lord-and Savior with excitement and not fear. You encourage others to seek Him and to be that
    Light for others. Thank you and please get some rest. !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being my friend, Elsie! And for all your encouragement over the years! I treasure our friendship. :-)

      Delete