Monday, May 25, 2020

The True Church will not suffer the Tribulation!


Several people have come to me in fear, wondering if the church in any way will have to suffer through the Tribulation. I understand their fear. Based on what is currently going on in the world, it looks like we may be entering the Tribulation soon.  Regardless of how soon it is, I wanted to reinforce what I believe I am seeing in Scripture--that true followers of Jesus will in no way be here during the 7 year Tribulation. I'm not a preacher, pastor, prophet or Bible teacher. I am a woman who loves Jesus and who has read through the Bible multiple times in search of truth, who has asked God to reveal things to me, and who has an intense interest in end times. I have read many books on the subject too and studied alternative views as well. In fact, I used to believe in a POST-Tribulation rapture! 

I have written about this topic before, so I'm linking to 2 posts of mine that I believe prove a Pre-tribulation rapture from a Biblical viewpoint.  I'll list here some of my points from these posts, but if you're concerned about it, I urge you to read thought them yourself.

  1. The Apostle Paul's own words in 2 Thessalonians 2, and 1 Thessalonians 4 (see my posts below)
  2. Ancient Jewish wedding traditions which require a 7 day honeymoon
  3. Jacob's trouble or Daniel's 70th week is a time God turns His attention from the Gentiles back to the Jews in Daniel 9:24-27  (A Biblical week is 7 years)
  4. Jesus wouldn't beat up and nearly destroy His Bride before the wedding
  5. The church is not appointed to wrath. 

"Being now justified by His blood, we shall be 'SAVED FROM' THE WRATH through Him." Romans 5:9


"Wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, Jesus, which 'DELIVERS US' FROM THE WRATH to come."1 Thessalonians 1:10


"God has NOT APPOINTED US TO WRATH, but to obtain 'salvation by our Lord' Jesus Christ."1 Thessalonians 5:9

"Because you have kept the word of My patience, I ALSO WILL 'KEEP YOU FROM' THE HOUR OF TEMPTATION which shall come upon all the world.."  Revelation 3:10


 I go into more depth with these topics in my posts below

Why I believe in a Pre-Trib Rapture

Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, Post-Trib?

Let me add a few things that may bring you comfort. Here is a very important passage from Jesus about the rapture and the end of time.

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. Matt 24:36-43 

The Days of Noah is of particular interest here because Noah was taken before the flood, before the wrath of God was poured out on the earth. We can also include Lot and his family escaping from Sodom before God's wrath, and Rahab and her household escaping before Jericho was destroyed. All throughout Scripture, God rescues the righteous before destruction. 

Anyway, the part I wanted to point out is that two men will be in the field and two women grinding at the mill.  Now I ask you this question. what will the world be like at the end of the tribulation? If you've ever read Revelation, you will have some idea. It will be nearly completely destroyed with meteors, asteroids, extreme heat, plagues, famines, war, persecution, most of the green grass and trees are burnt up, the sea and rivers are polluted. So, I'm thinking that people will not be farming in fields or grinding at mills. In other words, life won't be going along normally, fields won't be planted and harvested. In Jesus's own words,

For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened. Matthew 24:21-22 

In other words, if He doesn't come back (the 2nd coming) when He does, no one would be alive. That sounds pretty bad to me! I don't think people will be farming.

Another thing about the "Days of Noah" is

Life was gong along normally. People were "eating, drinking, marrying and given in marriage" right before the flood. Therefore, the rapture cannot occur at the end, or even the middle of the Tribulation, because people will NOT be living their normal lives as if nothing was happening. Again, read Revelation. The world will be in chaos.  People are going to know something is up, something is going on, disasters are coming. 

But what about all the Tribulation Saints spoken of in Revelation? Aren't those Christians being murdered in the Tribulation? Yes! Many many people will come to know Jesus during the Tribulation! Many of these will be left-behind believers who thought they were saved but weren't. Others will be our friends and loved ones who read our Left-behind letters. And still others will be people who will wake up to what's happening and read their Bibles. 

Many Post-Trib rapture people will point to this verse, which clearly describes the 2nd coming of Jesus when He arrives on Earth at the end of the Tribulation

 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. Matthew 24:30-32 

They argue that Jesus here is gathering all the saints from earth as He is coming down. But pay close attention to the words. Where does He gather His elect from? The four winds of the earth AND from one end of heaven to the other!  Which means He is gathering anyone who is His and still left on earth AND those of us who have been raptured before this and are in heaven. 

I hope I've convinced you that the church will be taken out of this world BEFORE the Tribulation starts. At least that's how I see it in Scripture. Could I be wrong? Possibly. But I urge you to take these Scriptures to the Lord and ask Him. He will tell you.  

Again, if you're a mid or post tribber, I am not trying to cause dissension or arguments.  I respect everyone's right to their own interpretation, and it certainly is not an issue that determines salvation. I mean no offense to anyone. My intent is purely to reassure and comfort God's people that we will be rescued before the bad stuff hits, and that includes the Antichrist and the Mark of the Beast. So, be comforted by that!


 

5 comments:

  1. Yes, MaryLu,a thorough study of Scripture does support the pre-Trib view. There are many good articles written in its defense. Something I read that I had never thought about,however, that I find very compelling as well is this: How can the Law/Works as a means of righteous standing with God, and Grace through Christ's sacrifice as the way to righteous standing with God,co-exist during the Tribulation, the time of God's final reconciling with Israel. Theologically that is incompatible. Yes, people will come to believe in Jesus during this time, and be saved by Him. But the Tribulation is Daniel's 70th week, the Time of Jacob's (God's dealing with Israel) Trouble. For the Church to be here when God is working with Israel to bring her into full knowledge and acceptance of Yeshua Ha'Mashiach, simply doesn't make theological sense. Israel will once again be able to approach God through Temple worship, for a time--until Jesus returns to them and EVERY one will acknowledge Him as Lord. Temple worship/sacrifice and Church/Grace are incompatible during the Tribulation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very good and interesting point that I had never thought of before. I knew God would turn His attention back to Israel, but I hadn't thought about the temple sacrifices, which they will resume, according to the Scripture. Those 2 cannot co-exist! Absolutely.

      Delete
  2. MaryLu, I, like you have studied in depth and prayed asking God to show me when the rapture of church would occur. Like you, I also believed it was at the end, just before the worst of the worst happened when Jesus thrust in His cycle and reaped before the grapes were then gathered for wrath. I have studied in depth, Daniel, Jesus' words in Mathew 24, as well as particular attention to sequence of events of Revelation 12....My question which continues to raise it's head, is the sequence and timing in Revelation 12. The woman goes into labor, dragon waits to devour, child born and caught up, then the woman flees into wilderness for 3 1/2 years. Would that indicate the rapture is mid trib? Can't reconcile this and would love your perspective. Thanks &God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, Very good question and one which I have also had and brought before the Lord. One thing I know from many Scriptures is that not everything in the Bible happens in sequential order. Often we see prophecies listed together as if they occur one after the other, but in reality there is often a gap of time in between. I'm reminded of Isaiah 61, which Jesus quoted Himself while in a synagogue.. there is a 2000 year gap between verses 1 and 2. However, since the Bible interprets the Bible, we should expect to see other Scriptures which corroborate this one in Rev 12 that the rapture is indeed Mid trib, but in reality all we find are passages which prove a Pre-tribulation rapture... several of which I have listed here on my blog in various articles, not the least of which is Daniel's 70th week and the Jewish wedding customs. :-) I hope that helps! I guess we will find out soon enough! ;-) Blessings!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much MaryLu for getting back to me so quickly. Yes, there would be other scriptures that would back a mid-trib rapture, but more and more, the pre-trib - pre 7 years makes more sense. I pray it is true, but mourn for the lost. Thank you for all your work here..So glad I found this site. God bless!

      Delete