Friday, May 1, 2020

What book is next from me?

I thought you'd like to see what book I'm working on next!  I'm writing it pretty slowly these days because I was trying to take a break, so I have no set release date. However, I'm shooting for Christmas! I know that's a long way away.  Part of the problem is, as many of you know who follow me, I think Jesus may be coming back for us before then. At least that is what I'm seeing from the Bible, several prophecies, and the signs around us. Hence, I've been struggling with whether I should write at all anymore or should I just focus on evangelism online and with my family and friends?  The answer is unclear so I'm still writing just in case. 😉 (and evangelizing too!)

Timeless Treasure is a time-slip novel, which means the storyline is set both in the present and some time in the past. Cool, huh?  Usually there is some object that ties the two time periods together and there are lessons learned in both times that tie the characters together. The time periods I chose are the present and 1718 Charleston. I'm having a blast writing it and if it does get published, I know you'll love it!

Here's a short synopsis.  I will reveal the awesome cover at a later date. 

Lexie Cain is all alone in the world. All her mother left her after her death is a chest full of faded pictures, old letters, and an odd ancient coin. Tossed from her home by her stepfather, she sets off to Charleston, South Carolina to search for buried treasure left by her pirate ancestor, Stede Bonnet. If only the letters he wrote to his lover, along with the coin, held a hint of its whereabouts, but the ancient words are hard to decipher and Lexie reluctantly goes in search of a history professor who is an expert on Charleston pirates.

 

Professor Barret Johnson is annoyed when his busy day is
interrupted by a girl wearing faded jeans and a too-tight t-shirt. Obviously, she is not one of the students at the college, and he has little time to discuss Stede Bonnet with a pirate groupie. Yet, when the attractive girl insists she is related to Bonnet and produces a letter from the pirate to his lover, Barret is intrigued and has the letter authenticated. He can hardly believe it is real!

Barret represents everything Lexie hates. Born to wealth and privilege, Barret’s family are pillars of the community, successful, educated, Christians who never suffered a day in their lives. Yet she has no choice but to allow hm to help her decipher the letters. As the couple reads each letter, we are transported into the past where we follow the adventures of Stede Bonnet from his start in Barbados, through each success and failure, and his eventual connection with Blackbeard himself.


Lexie discovers a kindred spirit in her ancestor, Bonnet, and lessons learned from the past soon drift into the present as both she and Barret deal with their own failings and learn to trust a God who has never let them down.

Someone is after the letters, and soon Barret and Lexie find themselves in grave danger. They must figure out the puzzle Bonnet left them and retrieve the treasure before it’s too late and whoever is after them gets desperate enough to end their lives. 




What say you? 
Have a great weekend!



26 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing MaryLu ♥️. I'm totally interested in reading it ��. Love your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to being called home. I am still writing....I feel we should still do our God appointed tasks until He calls us home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What say I? What say I?? YYYYYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHHHOOOOO!! This small peek has already ignited the flame to my pirate-lovin' heart, and since you OWN the corner market on writing great pirate books I have no doubt this will be another great one. And la-la-love the pictures of Lexie and Barret. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me laugh, Amy! Love your enthusiasm! Thank you!! Blessings!

      Delete
  4. On that looks so exciting and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Excited to see you are writing another book. We can hardly wait to start editing for you.
    I knew there would be a "Pirate" in the plot!
    We are still enjoying our full time RV lifestyle. However, we did get a bigger, more modern, better equipped 5th wheel :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine! I'm glad to hear you are doing well! Blessings!

      Delete
  6. Definitely want to read this! It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Chappy! I can always count on you. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness!!!! I cannot wait to read this book Mary Lu!! You are by far my favorite author, your stories are amazing and I have a feeling this one will be really amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds very interesting. Just yesterday I was thinking how I wish MaryLu would write another pirate book, but maybe the next one, if the Rapture has not taken place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.. thanks! I would rather be in heaven, but if not, I'm having fun writing this! Love me some pirates!

      Delete
  9. Oh my word! I am hooked already. I love your pirate books all of them- but this if it is your last will be one of your greatest accomplishments ! I pray that my foggy mind from my stroke is completely back to normal and that I could write a review for your last book. This will go on the Tyndall shelf on my bookcase right beside the
    Kings Ransoms series. Just thought of something—all my favorite books will be left behind.—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have you review it, Elsie! Don't worry about your left behind books. Someone who finds them may need to read them, and I'm sure the Lord will replenish your stock in heaven. ;-)

      Delete
  10. Wowzah!! Write faster! LOL! The professor looks uhhh...quite nice. ;-) And you sure can't beat Charleston, SC, for the perfect setting says this South Carolinian lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charleston is my favorite city in the US. So I agree!! If I could live anywhere in this country it would be South Carolina. :-) I'll try and write faster, but only for you!

      Delete
    2. I'm with the others, yes, please.... another pirate story. I can't wait! Love your stories MaryLu!

      Delete
  11. Very excited. I love your books and the pirate adventures. I can hardly wait to read it. May God continue to bless your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it sounds like such a good read!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Continue writing. If we're called home before completion or release,none of us will be on this earthly plane to know.
    The Lord gave you the talent to write and the heart to evangelize. Do both until His return.
    I'll enjoy your book, if the Lord keeps us around that long.

    ReplyDelete