Monday, September 28, 2020

A Great Revival before the Rapture?

 

Recently, there have been several prophecies, words from pastors and preachers, and dreams about a coming revival. So I took it to the Lord in prayer. I mean, the way the world is going, especially in America, it doesn't seem like people are very interested in God anymore. A revival? Unlikely in our present condition. It is my strong belief that after the rapture, there will be an immense revival, but before? 
 
After the rapture, there will be many left-behind lukewarm, complacent, living-in-sin believers who will suddenly realize what happened. Perhaps they read about the rapture in the Bible or heard a preacher talk about it (though most preachers don't) Or maybe they read the Left Behind books long ago. Either way, they will know, and most of them will most likely fall to their knees and repent and rededicate their lives to Jesus. I imagine with renewed zeal, they will tell everyone they know what is going on, how they are now entering the Tribulation and what to expect. Many, Many people will get saved! Of course they'll have to now endure the Tribulation (unless there is another rapture at the midpoint) 
 
Yet we must remember that God is love, pure love, and He hates that anyone would be lost and go to hell. He wants so desperately for all of us to know Him and be saved! He doesn't want anyone to have to endure the Tribulation. So, why wouldn't he initiate a great revival right before the rapture to try and get in as many as He could? Sounds like Him, right? I just love Him so much! 
 
Something has to change, however. Things have to get much, much worse for people to wake up and be open to hearing the Gospel. Remember after 9-11, how the churches were filled? Unfortunately, it takes disaster to get some people to turn to God. So, what if something happened or a bunch of events happened that caused great stress to everyone worldwide? I can only guess, but perhaps something like asteroids, plagues, food shortages, tsunamis, earthquakes, war, EMP, a nuclear exchange, etc.  And what if all of a sudden people found themselves scared to death of what was coming on the earth?  
 
If we (the Bride of Jesus) are still here, what a fabulous opportunity we would have to witness for Him!! Christians have had dreams of us healing people, delivering them of demons, preaching the Gospel to those who will listen. We could show people how prophecy is coming true and that they need to repent now and give their lives to Jesus so they can make the rapture!  Think about it. It would be like living in the church of ACTS where the power of the Holy Spirit would be pouring out on those of us ministering to others. Exciting!

So, I took this to the Lord. I hear from Him in many different ways. Because I have so many voices in my head, it's often not that way. LOL However, I have heard him in my thoughts from time to time. But normally, it's a sense, a sense deep within me, a perception, a knowing, a leading. And in all honesty, I'm sensing that this may very well be true, that, indeed, we are going to have a brief narrow of time (could be 7 days or 40 days) in which all hell is going to break loose, and we are going to have the opportunity to lead many people to Jesus!  Remember, Noah went into the Ark 7 days before God closed the door. During that 7 days, if someone Noah had preached to decided to join them, I doubt God would have stopped them from coming in
 
And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. Genesis 7:1
 
And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth. V 10

 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort. And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life. And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the Lord shut him in. Genesis 7:14-16
 
I do not believe this will stop the Tribulation, nor will it cause a worldwide return to God. (Sorry to all my Q followers, this is not the Great Awakening) We all know that Scripture predicts that things will get increasingly worse and worse up until the Tribulation and much much worse during it.  But this could be God's last ditch effort of mercy to get a few more to join us in the Rapture.  Just think of the people in your own sphere of influence? Think of the people you could talk to, send an email to or call?

If this is true, I encourage you to do the following things to prepare, as I am doing.

  • Pray every day for revival
  • Pray for those whom God knows will be open to the Gospel. Pray for God to prepare their hearts to receive the truth
  • Pray for God to send as many workers into the field for the harvest
  • Pray for God to prepare the workers to each do the tasks He has prepared them to do. 
  • Spend as much time as you can in the Bible so that you will have Scripture stored in your heart to use
  • Spend much time in prayer. Ask God to open your ears to hear Him so you will know what to do and who to talk to.
  • Make a list of people, family, friends, acquaintances, people you know online, etc who don't know the Lord or who aren't living for Him. These are going to be the people you will talk to first. 
  • Ask God to give you a courageous spirit of boldness and love
  • Don't be afraid. Evict fear from your heart. God will protect His Bride. He will not allow you to be harmed before He brings you home. 

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. Romans 1:16

 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go Joshua 1:9
 
 My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber
. Psalm 121:2-3
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. There is going to be a great falling away according to the bible and many will grow cold and things will get far worse... I will agree that we need to make every effort to reach those we know that are lost and bound for hell. Come Lord Jesus!
    Blessings
    Linda Marie Finn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are already seeing the Great Falling away and the Apostasy of many Christians. However, I'm talking about a mini-revival where the Lord pours out His Spirit and allows us to help bring in a few more before He comes for us.

      Delete
  2. This post has been on the forefront of my mind since I returned from the huge prayer day on the Mall in D.C.. The Holy Spirit is still on fire within me. I prayed so hard for those 100,000 people to fully know Jesus. I prayed our nation would not be the goat nation, but rather the sheep nation that Jesus talks about in Matthew. I prayed for people to seek the courts of God, rather than the courts of this fleeting land. Every step I walked I decreed the land for Jesus and welcomed him and Holy Spirit. I felt God's presence all day as He led me to people (strangers) to pray with. I returned home and then yesterday, while I was still reeling from it all, an old acquaintance from like 20 years ago attacked me online for it. I didn't take the bait, but instead asked him if he needed prayer. I promised I would follow through and pray for him. He is not a believer and anti-Bible. Soon, he messaged me and said he would appreciate prayers. My point is there are still too many people hurting and in need of God. I don't believe we will have a Great Awakening like the past times, but instead, God will be bringing us to people and vice versa that He wants to give one last chance to choose Him. The revivals that we will see will be personal encounters before we are taken up. I'm expecting them daily and keeping the Holy Sprit's fire burning bright for when they knock. Gives new meaning to "We'll keep the light on for you." ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for all this wonderful information, Katy! Makes me wish I could have been there. Many people are saying they felt the Holy Spirit fall upon them there. I absolutely loved your response to your anti-Bible friend. How could anyone turn down prayer? It is the perfect answer of love. Good for you! I agree, the revivals coming will be found in people we know at work, home, friends, neighbors.. people the Lord puts on our hearts to talk with.. You both blessed and encouraged me with your comment here!

      Delete
    2. Praise God that He brought me to this site ! It is a pleasure to meet you MaryLu and Katy Lee. This question of which comes first, revival or the falling away has been heavy on my heart. My Pastor is an Evangelist, an awesome man of God. He surely is an Evangelist in every way. I here many sermons on "the great revival", and it pings my heart each time. I hear many faithful prayer warriors calling for America to "rise up and be great", and it grievs my spirit ! I ask why Lord have do I have this abrassive feeling when I hear these things, from people I love, and people I know love God ? I certainly do not want to have devision, but I truly believe the Lord has been showing me something different. We are also of Charismatic influence that I interpret that we have "all things now" and that heaven is here now ! I know the premise of what Jesus said, the kingdom of God is at hand, is withing you, but I also know there is a second coming of Christ. That we are not completely complete yet and that there is a "future" glory "yet" to be revealed. As I brought this to the Lord He showed me 2 things. #1 why is my church trying to consumate the marriage before the bridegroom returns. And #2 why do we look for a great man or a great country to redeem us when we already have a Savior ? And so I wonder. I truly believe that the mega churchs have crossed a line. But having said that, by God's wisdom have brought the gospel to many, yet not in it's purest form. I believe the great revivals have already occurred, but appreciate your view of the great disasters turning hearts, and the need to be ready to speak the word of salvation to those who look for answers. I also think there may be many turning, immediately after the rapture, who get stuck in the trubulation ! I think that after seeing during these days of covid and epidememics,tsunamis etc that we had both going on. Both hearts turning to the Lord and those who turned away. But I saw how God used this time for family to turn to me for guidance so as you say MaryLu, these are the mini revivals we will be seeing. No country or nieghter any man will deliver us from ourselves, but the One and Only Lord and God of all, Jesus Christ ! Blessings to you.

      Delete
    3. Hi Joe! A pleasure to meet you! Yes, I fear many pastors are leading their flocks astray by preaching this Dominionism theology that says the church will take over the world before Jesus comes. Jesus himself said that His Kingdom was not of this world, and it won't be until His second coming. Yes, the Gospel is preached throughout the entire world... thank God, but Scripture is clear that the last 7 years of history will be the Tribulation and things leading up to that will get worse and worse. I love what the Lord said to you that "the church is trying to consummate the marriage before the bridegroom returns!" So true! We are only here as ambassadors, to preach the Gospel and reach the lost. It's the Lord's job to rule and reign. It breaks my heart so many believers are looking to politics, to a person, to a revival that isn't coming, and not to Jesus, the author and finisher of their faith! And they aren't looking up, expecting Him as He asked us to! Here's another post of mine you might be interested about Q, Trump, and the Great Revival: https://www.marylutyndall.com/2021/04/will-there-be-great-revival-or-great.html
      God bless you Joe! You were wise to listen to the Holy Spirit within you!

      Delete