Monday, September 7, 2020

Run to the Strong Tower!

I know I've been the bearer of bad news lately. Yes, the world is falling apart. Yes, there are dire prophetic predictions and dreams for our nation and the world. We have a plague, threats of war, economic collapse, riots in the streets, global government rising, mark of the beast technology, civil unrest, earthquakes, storms, and a coming food shortage. And don't get me started on the rampant and in-your-face immorality!  We are nearing the end of the age and this is what we should expect to see based on Biblical Prophecy. We were warned, and yet it seems surreal, doesn't it? How could this truly be happening? In our lifetime? Didn't it all seem to come upon us so quickly? This time last year, things were pretty much normal, except the political fighting. And when did our media become nothing but propaganda?  
 
But that's not the point of this post. I realize there's a lot of fear out there, particularly for those who have listened to the pastors and people who have had visions of our future. It's easy to fall prey to fear and terror, especially if you have small children or grandkids. 
 
But the Lord wanted me to give you this message. 
 

Run to the Strong Tower, Run to Me !

 
The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
The righteous run to it and are safe.

Proverbs 18:10

From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.
Selah
Psalm 61:2-4 
 
There is special provision for those of us who run into the shelter of God's Strong Tower. What is God's Strong Tower? It is HIM, It is the secret place beneath His wings. There, nothing can touch us without His permission. It is there that we are kept invisible from the enemy. He can't even see us, let alone touch us. 
 
A Godly woman I know had a dream once of walking through a very dark alleyway. She was ministering to the lost and sick who were there, stopping to help and pray for them. All along the side, there were huge, ugly beasts, salivating to get their claws on her. But they couldn't. She was completely protected. As she was ministering to one poor soul, a loud trumpet blew and she knew in her heart that she had to leave, that the rapture was happening, and a sense of urgency overcame her that she had to hurry. 
 
I've always remembered that dream because of the protection she received while doing God's work. I believe the Lord will do that for each one of us as we do His work in these last days. 
 
A pastor I follow also had a dream recently where he was jogging on this narrow pathway. All along both sides, there were scenes of complete horror, war, destruction, misery, plague, etc. And there were demonic beasts afflicting people. If he stayed on the narrow path, these beasts couldn't even see him. But if he stepped off the path they immediately started for him.
 
My point? God's protection is not for everyone who says they believe in Jesus. It's for the righteous. Who are the righteous? The Word Righteous in the Greek is dikaios. It means upright, virtuous, keeping the commands of God. Yes, we are only made righteous by the blood of Jesus! But we must stay in in that close walk with Him. If we get out of fellowship or stray off the narrow path or live in willful sin, God makes no promise to protect us. We leave ourselves vulnerable to attack. 
 
Even the famous protection Psalm, Psalm 91 starts out with a condition
 
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
 
I don't know about you, but I want to abide under the shadow of the Almighty! In order to do that, we must DWELL in the secret place of the Most High. That means we live our lives in His presence, worshiping, doing our best to be obedient, spending time with Him. 
 
Why am I telling you all this? Because I want you to be protected!  If you run to Jesus, to the Strong Tower, He will keep you safe during this terrible time. There have been many prophecies spoken over the past months that have said that very thing.  God wants you to know He will protect you and your family!  But you have to run to Him, trust Him, lean on Him, and walk with Him. 

But, you may say, even bad things happen to Godly people. True. I know sickness and problems strike the Godly for a number of reasons, which time does not permit in this post. But I'm not talking about normal problems we encounter in a fallen world. I'm talking about the disasters, the birth pangs that are beginning and that will usher in the Tribulation. These are God's divine punishments on an evil world, and He promises to protect His Bride!
 
No plague, no army, no food shortage can harm you. Just stay with Him. Then one day when things around you are getting worse and worse and you begin to wonder if Jesus will ever come, you will hear that trumpet blow. Loud and clear! And you will be rescued from this place!  So stand firm.  Reject fear. Trust God.  To Him, you are exceedingly precious! If you only knew how much He loves you, you would never be afraid again! 
 
Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near. Luke 21:28

 

1 comment:

  1. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
    Isaiah 26:3

    I keep my eyes on Jesus, forget others dreams, prophecies and videos...Bible Only and much prayer.
    Linda Marie Finn

    ReplyDelete