Monday, June 21, 2021

Hide Under the Shadow of God's Wings!

 
Saints,
Every week I ask the Lord what He wants me to write about on Monday.  These posts are not pre-planned. They come from the Lord's direction. Sometimes He gives me things during the week as I'm studying the Bible. Other times, He waits until the last minute as He did this time. I kept hearing the word "Abide" "Abide in me" and I looked up Psalm 91 which says that
 
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 
 
Jesus urged us to abide in Him
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15:5 

Abiding means to remain, to stay put!  What a wonderful place to be! UNDER the shadow of the Almighty. But what is the shadow from? From His Wings!

Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings, Psalm 17:8 

 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed
by.  Psalm 57:1
 
Because You have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. Psalm 63:7

He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. Psalm 91:4 

This gives such a great picture in my mind of a massive bird, an eagle or falcon hiding his young (or us) under his long, strong wings, so that the enemy cannot even see us. All the enemy sees is God Almighty. I sense the Lord wants me to tell you that now, more than ever, is the time to snuggle up under His Mighty Wings!  There is some bad stuff coming and you're going to need a place of shelter. There is only ONE place that is safe and that is under the wings of Jesus!

The One World Government is here. It isn't coming anymore. It's here. It's behind the scenes. I believe, based on what I know and from what I think the Lord is showing me, that Obama is actually running the government, finishing up what he started. Some believe he is the anti-christ. I guess time will tell.  The G-7 Leaders are all a part of this. All it will take is one worldwide catastrophe to occur or WW 3 to start and they will quickly take over, divide the nations into 10 regions (they already have plans for this)  and voila, the Beast System will rise from the shadows into the light. In the mean time, they will continue to poison us with the vaccine and with more and more shots as each new variant is released. More lockdowns, more freedoms lost as they propagate fear through a media that is just a mouthpiece for their lies. Earthquakes, storms and enemy invasions have all been prophesied.
  
BUT GOD....
 
We are not to fear, not to worry, not to allow any of this to cause us to lose one minute of sleep. Why? Because God promises to protect His Bride! 
 
But there is a prerequisite for abiding under the shadow of God's wings. Only those who dwell in the secret place of the Most High. (Psalm 91)  

So, how do you dwell in the secret place of the Most High? That sounds like a very special place reserved only for God's special children who are invited. I equate it with the Holy of Holies in the Jewish Temple. It it the place of God's presence, protection, and provision. But how do you get there? 

You CAN'T get there by a casual relationship with God, with a 5 minute daily devotion and then no further conversation with Him during the day. You can't get there by listening to a sermon or praise music alone. You can't get there by attending a church service. You can't get there by pouring out a laundry list of prayer requests and then walking away. (All these things are good, but they aren't a relationship)

You can only dwell in the Secret Place of the Most High by spending time with the Lord. What does the Lord want? Why did Jesus suffer and die? To restore what Adam and Eve had in the Garden of Eden. He wants to walk with you in the cool of the day. He wants a constant, ongoing relationship with you. What does that look like? Like any relationship, it merely consists of communication, minute by minute, hour by hour communication. I'm not talking about spending your whole day in prayer. I'm talking about bringing Jesus along on your day. Talk to Him all the time. When you see a beautiful flower, mention it and thank Him for it. When you see a homeless person, lift up a prayer. When you eat a good meal, thank Him. When you feel alone, talk to Him. Yes, it's important to read your Bible, listen to good teaching, read a devotional, listen to praise music, and lift up prayer requests. But Jesus wants you too! He wants to walk through your day with you. 

That's how you dwell in the Secret Place of the Most High! 
Try it, you'll like it! 

The great thing is, all are invited!
If you are in a relationship with Jesus, He promises to protect you. I've listed some Scriptures below to prove it. So cling to Him and do not fear. If you don't have a relationship with Jesus, now is the time. Whether you consider yourself to be a Christian or not, get on your knees, repent, and tell Jesus you believe in Him, trust Him, and want a relationship with Him.


“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn[a] of my salvation,
My stronghold and my refuge;
My Savior, You save me from violence.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.
  2 Samuel 22:2-4

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him
. Psalm 28:7

God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah
Psalm 46:1-3

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by.
I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs all things for me.
He shall send from heaven and save me;
He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. Selah
God shall send forth His mercy and His truth
. Psalm 57:1-3

Blessed be the Lord my Rock,
Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle—
My lovingkindness and my fortress,
My high tower and my deliverer,
My shield and the One in whom I take refuge,
Who subdues my people under me
. Psalm 144:1-2

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 1810




11 comments:

  1. Absolutely right on target and what a great reminder of the safety we have in Jesus and with all the crazy things going on now we need God more than ever. Thanks for always being faithful and sharing Marylu. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, Pam! May the Lord keep you and your family save under His Mighty Wings!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love that visual! God has always giving me that reminder that He is covering me with His wings! So incredibly comforting and it brings so much peace in this wrought with craziness world.
    Still everyday I look up with expectancy of our Lord's soon return to take us home! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, I keep looking up. One of these days.... one of these days I will see my Prince. It can't be long now. Blessings, Barbara!

      Delete
  3. He won't come soon enough for me. I'm so ready to leave this world. I adore that painting, it speaks to me. I can't wait to be in Jesus' loving arms. It just breaks my heart, thinking about lost friends and family.
    And on a side note: I'm worried about Eddie. Will he be raptured? If not, who will take care of him? If Jack and I are raptured, he will be all alone.....these thoughts have actually brought tears to my eyes. So, lately, I've been asking God to take Eddie before the rapture, if he will be left behind. Does that sound stupid?
    Hugs, my friend. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote you privately about this but thought I should comment for the benefit of others who feel like you do. We love our pets and they are important to us.. God loves us and He's a father. I see NO reason why He would leave our pets to starve. No parent in the world would do that to their children. So, in is my opinion our pets will come with us! :-) I, too, worry about my lost family members. It's very sad, particularly if they won't listen to us any more.

      Delete
  4. I have two big trips coming up in the next three months. I've been praying about them as I will have to take tests to go abroad. I committed to attend long before the virus, and I am looking forward to going. BUT if God wants me to stay put, I am praying He will make that clear. I always want to do what He wants me to do. I trust Him to guide my steps daily, and halt me if need be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the same boat. I have a trip to Hawaii in Sept planned, but who knows what the world will look like by then? or whether the vaccine will be required or even if we'll be here! The Lord will direct both of us as to what He wants us to do. :-)

      Delete
  5. Hi Sister!! Doug and I have been staying put more than ever since the big CV hit! And as we see things getting tighter and more controlled against us, the more we stay home. sheltered under His Wings... We have no desire to be a part of this world. Except what Jesus can still use us to do. I have had several people come into my life these past months and I thank Jesus with all my heart, as much as I want to go HOME, I have helped bring these lives closer to HIM. But I feel like a kid stuck in the classroom doing my school work diligently while looking out the window watching the children playing in the play ground, like it will never end. It hurts sometimes knowing this world no longer is my home and I am so detached from it all. Yet others are so detached from Jesus and Heaven, it makes it hard to relate to them, to help them see further then in front of themselves. Anyhow, I am so glad you think our animals will be caught up with us. Makes sense that the Lord would have mercy on them too. As it breaks my heart to see my beloved elderly pets left behind to the awful mess that is coming. You are in my daily thoughts and prayers MaryLu as I know it is not easy when so many around us are buying into the ways of this world, instead of living in the FREE GIFT with JESUS. Much love and look forward to sharing eternity with you and all our brothers and sisters that will be there. What a wonderful family we will have there. All loving and living in the Kingdom of God with our wonderful King, Lord Jesus. Rambling Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stay put here too. I only go out for food and other things we need and to take my grandkids home. :-) Like you, I feel more and more detached from this place. I no longer fit in. I no longer belong here at all. Our world is shrinking.. thank you for your prayers. I need them. I keep your name before the throne as well, sis!

      Delete