Monday, July 5, 2021

He will Appear for those who LONG for His Appearing!

 

 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.  Hebrews 9:28
 
 The Greek phrase "unto them that look" is the word  apekdechomai which means assiduously and patiently waiting for
 
assiduouslywith careful and consistent effort; diligently or tirelessly;  constantly; ceaselessly:
 
Discovering the meaning of that phrase really blessed me this week. Like many of the saints, I'm weary of this world, tired of the evil, tired of reading about the enemy's plans, sad about my lost loved ones, frustrated at constant troubles, problems, arguments, and so incredibly fearful at what is coming upon the lost of this world. 
 
As the days and weeks pass in which we hoped the Lord would come, it's easy to get discouraged, despondent, and even begin to wonder if He's coming at all.  I'm reminded of Peter who after he'd spent over 3 years following Jesus around, hoping Jesus would take the throne of David and kick Rome out, then watching him die and rise again, found himself wondering what to do now. In John 21 we see him say to the other disciples. 
 
Simon Peter said to them, “I am going fishing.”

In other words, Peter, no doubt frustrated and confused at how things turned out and with Jesus all but gone, decided to just go back to what he knew best, fishing. 

I admit that some days, as doubts creep in about the Lord's soon return, I think, "I'm just going to stop spending so much time watching. I'm just going to go back to writing novels." But I am reminded of this verse in Hebrews, that offers a special reward for those who remain watching. We see from the meaning that this type of watching is not a casual glance into the sky, but a purposeful, patient, unceasing, tireless, effort to keep looking for Jesus, no matter the cost, no matter the disappointments, no matter how long it takes. 

The verse is clear: to those who do this, He will appear.  I have wondered if that meant that Jesus won't appear to those who aren't watching, and in all honesty, I'm not sure. It seems to say that, doesn't it? In my mind, since Jesus is coming back (the rapture) for a Bride, it would make sense that He would only want a Bride who knew the season of His return and was excited and watching. But only God knows. 

It's interesting that when Peter and the other disciples went fishing that day, they had no idea they would see Jesus yet again. The entire story of what happened is yet another picture of the rapture. I wrote a post on it over a year ago called The Rapture and the 153 Fish. I think you'll find it very very interesting. 

Back to how weary are the saints these days. We are human. It's okay to get tired, weepy, frustrated, and disappointed. But never ever stop watching for the Lord's return! He is coming. We see all the signs growing around us every day. We know we are in the season. So, set your face and your heart like flint toward heaven and finish the race God has set before you. Don't despair, don't go back to the world. Keep looking up. Keep praying. Keep praising. 




  

18 comments:

  1. Amen Marylu! I can't wait!
    We had several thunderstorms go thru here over a week ago. As the storms passed you can see the towering cumulonimbus clouds and I always picture what it would be like to see Jesus in those clouds coming to bring us home. Praying that that will be a near soon reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those giant thick clouds, Barbara. We don't get them here in CA. But yes! one of these days, we'll see the Lord on one of those clouds to rescue us. !! So excited for that day! Blessings...

      Delete
  2. Thank you Mary Lu. I think it’s man’s limited understanding that causes me to doubt. I really didn’t think it could go past 5/14/21, and so now I am confused. But his ways are not our ways, and I know that’s why it’s important to keep trusting even when things don’t make sense. I just don’t see how things could go much longer, but what if they do? We have to stay strong somehow. One of the things really bothering me lately is all the wolves in the rapture watching community. You have the date setting comedians that thousands follow. And you have people who brag about not being nice people, and bullying others who disagree with them. Some of these people seem unhinged. There are some blogs I can’t even follow anymore, because it seems like they are infested with evil, and it’s tolerated. Granted, we all fall short of the glory of God, but still. I think The enemy sends his people to infiltrate. So the few places we have for encouragement, start becoming discouraging. I know a lot of people think the v is the mark, and that is driving them to hate anyone who has taken the shot. I don’t think the v currently is the mark, but will become it. But the arguments can get so ugly. There is nothing encouraging in it. I just want to focus on Jesus, not the train wreck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, all I can tell you is we are very close to seeing Jesus. Based on everything I know and on some real prophetic pastors (and yes, there are many fake ones out there), I believe we are months and not years away. I try not to pin my hopes on any one day. I look at the entire year as a huge possibility. You are absolutely right that the enemy assigns people to infiltrate Christian blogs and social media and pretend to be believers and stir up discord. Any place that makes you feel discouraged or angry or disgusted with what you are reading, leave and don't come back. That includes here, if that ever happens. Look for blogs and sites that edify, that build you up, give you hope, and teach you about Jesus.
      And the V is not the Mark. I know many are saying that, but it's ridiculous. The MOTB will come with the condition that you swear allegiance to the Antichrist and reject Jesus. I believe the V is a precursor, but people who took it are not damned to hell. They may have made a bad choice that might kill them but if they are saved, they will still go to heaven. I see some of this nonsense out there too, and I just ignore it. I don't see how we can go past 2021 based on the 80 year generation and the prophecies in the Psalms and the 6000 year count and the third day after Jesus's resurrection being when He comes.. etc etc.. But we base all of this on our limited human understanding. Jesus said to watch for the signs and we see them! He said when we see these things He is near, even at the door. So don't be discouraged!! Stay close to your Savior!.

      Delete
    2. I agree with everything you said. I appreciate the advice to just walk away when a blog or channel upsets me. I have spent too much time on blogs and channels that don’t edify, just for what nuggets I can pull out of them. But there are better sources. I am attending a new church where prophecy is actually taught. The pastor is currently teaching about transhumanism on Wed nights. I am very hopeful about this guy. I plan on going back and watching previous video teachings. I do hope we only have weeks or months left. I am getting weary like so many others. Thanks for being an encourager.

      Delete
  3. AMEN Sister! Such an encouraging message for us tired Brides. The intensity is a constant fluttering of anticipation in my stomach. Almost sick from the waiting, but refuse to quit no matter what. Everything is lining up for the Bride to receive her Groom, King Jesus.. And like you, I wonder about those that aren't looking. If they are filled with the Holy Spirit, I would think that they have to come UP too. As the restrainer is going to be removed, that's my take on that. If they truly love Jesus, it's hard to believe He would leave them behind... We are watching with all we got. The labor is almost over... God's love to you and yours from our house to yours... eternally Cillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a blessing, Cillie! Yes, I tend to believe that real believes will go also, even if they aren't watching... they will just be very surprised! It's hard to wait, but it will be more than worth it!! hugs!

      Delete
  4. Hi MaryLu
    I appreciate you and agree with what you deal and preach.
    I want to share something that I have noticed in my Afrikaans 1953 translation concerning 1 Th 4:17.
    In the English translations it is written: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    In the Afrikaans translation there is no "the" before clouds and it seems to me the right translation from the Greek.
    The Greek word for cloud : G3507
    Original: νεφέλη

    Transliteration: nephelē

    Phonetic: nef-el'-ay

    Thayer Definition:

    a cloud
    used of the cloud which led the Israelites in the wilderness.

    Also in Acts 1 : 9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

    It seems to me that we will be transported in clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris! Very interesting. I've never heard of that translation but I did look up the word Cloud in the Greek and yes, it refers to the cloud which led the Israelites in the wilderness. Very interesting! I wouldn't mind being transported in a cloud! I always thought maybe a chariot or perhaps just my body soaring through the air, but a cloud sounds like fun. Thank you for the insight! God Bless!

      Delete
  5. Have you watched Before the Wrath? It’s a fascinating explanation of the Galilean wedding, and presents a picture of the Rapture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you been feeling your body trembling lately? I've thought something was wrong with me, but now I believe it's the Holy Spirit inside me. It totally feels like pre-wedding jitters. :)

    And as of right now, I leave for Ireland next week. Still praying for God to intercede if I am not to go to the castle. If He says no, I know He has a better castle waiting for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I'm not getting your newsletter sent to my email. I reregistered last week on your site, but maybe it didn't take??

      Delete
  7. Katy, I haven't felt trembling, but I've definitely felt the presence of the Holy Spirit lately.. I hope that's a good sign! I am lifting up a prayer that the Lord makes it clear what you are to do about Ireland. Either way, you'll visit a castle, either there or in heaven. It's a win-win! Also, send me your email address, K? I'll check on the newsletter.

    ReplyDelete