Monday, August 23, 2021

Are you Feeling Backed Against the Red Sea?

 

Remember when Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt straight to the Red Sea?  In my mind, I've always thought of it as smaller than it actually is. I'm not sure how wide it was where the Israelites stood but I found this picture online. 
 

So, it was not a little sea, by any means. To anyone, it would look impossible to cross. To a band of millions of people with wagons, horses, sheep, etc, it was hopeless. So, when the people saw the Egyptian army pursuing them, they complete freaked out!  Egypt is a type of the world throughout the Scriptures and the Egyptian army could easily be compared to the army of our enemy. We, who have put our trust in Jesus, have been led out of the world and the things of the world and are being led to the promised land (heaven).  Who is leading us? Jesus, our Savior, who back then was the cloud that led the Jews by day. 
 
We are seeing the exact same thing today, aren't we? I don't know about you but each day, I'm feeling more and more backed between a rock and a hard place, between the sea and the devil's army. Every week more and more pressure is put on us to take the poison vaccine. Every week there are more and more restrictions. Every week there is more bad news... earthquakes, wars, killings, immorality gone rampant. Every week we see the world rising up against Christians. 
 
Many believers are facing the jab or their job. How are they going to support their families? What is to become of them? We see the Army coming and it's nearly upon us, and there's nothing but an impassable sea before us! Lord, where are you?  You told us you'd always take care of us! You told us you'd rescue us and take us with You to heaven!? 
 
Many of the Israelites responded like many Christians today. They lost faith. 
 
“Is it because there are no graves in Egypt that you have taken us away to die in the wilderness? What is this that you have done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? Did we not say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians?’ For it would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the wilderness.”  Exodus 14:11-12
 
So many believers I know today have caved into the demands of the enemy.  I'm not just talking about the jab, I'm talking about compromising with the world, going back to the things and pleasures of this world, to ensure their own happiness, whether it be a job, friends, entertainment, money, or the accolades of the world. They haven't trusted the Lord to protect them, to fulfill them, to lead them, to bring them safely and joyfully to the other side. 
 
The rest of us stand here at the Red Sea, perhaps we admit, slightly afraid, as we watch the enemy approach. But we put our trust in what the Lord said, regardless of what we see. The Lord didn't bring us out of Egypt to allow the enemy to slaughter us. 
 
The Gates of Hell shall not prevail against the church! Matthew 16:18
 
Here what the Lord told Moses:  "The Lord will fight for you while you only need to keep silent and remain calm.” Exodus 14:14 

Remain calm, I love that!
 
But where is the Lord? Why has he not come yet?  I often wonder how long the Israelites stood there, shivering in their sandals. One day? Two? So what was God waiting for? It seems to me, he was waiting to see, when faced with an impossible situation, who among the people would believe Him and who would not. Surely, God could have split the Red Sea right as the Israelites walked up and long before the Egyptians even got close. But He didn't. He waited. He watched what each heart would do, either believe Him or long to go back to the world? I believe He's doing the same now. 
 
Even so, He is protecting us, even as He protected the Israelites 
 
The angel of God, who had been going in front of the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them. The pillar of the cloud moved from in front and stood behind them. V. 19 
 
The Scripture says that on the Egyptian side it was complete darkness, but on the side of the Israelites, it was light, even at night. You see, it may seem dark right now. It may seem like the enemy is nearly upon us, but God is protecting us, keeping us in the light of His Love! 
 
It's interesting to note that God parted the Red Sea at night..  Lord swept the sea back by a strong east wind all that night   And then the Israelites walked over on dry land before dawn.  That reminds me of that old saying "It's darkest before the dawn." So, if you're thinking it's looking kinda dark right now, that's excellent news! Hang on, God is about to split the sea and take us to the promised land! 
 
So, don't keep your eyes on the enemy army. Turn toward the sea and wait. Believe and be calm! He is keeping us safe by His Power! And He will come when it seems darkest to rescue us!
 
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,  who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ 
1 Peter 1:3-7
 
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. James 5:7-8 
 
 
 
 

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful scriptures Marylu! Thank you so much for bringing them to light in your post. So encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scriptures Marylu! Thank you so much for bringing them to light in your post. So encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again Marylu! You continue to bring up one wonderful encouraging post after another! You are so appreciated for your dedication to speak the Truth(the WORD)giving us all comfort and hope that soon and very soon we shall see the King! TITUS 2 V13 MARANATHA!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ron, for always being an encouragement to me! See you soon in the air!

      Delete
  4. Believe and be calm! YES! My new favorite 'catch phrase' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely backed into a corner. I am still suffering with reactive issues from covid and most likely the tests themselves. God told me no more compromising. I'm struggling with that and with my boys and their music they play. Ugh. Out my 12 only one is a believer. God told me on Saturday, "Govern them or they will govern you." I love how the number 12 also means government, and I pray God will be in the details here. I'm also seeing how the school is running by fear and requiring the gene therapy. So yes, backed into a corner for sure, but I will keep my trust in the Lord always. I will stand and be counted as His faithful servant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, I'm going to start praying for you daily. I have been praying now and then, but you are in a position of influence with these young boys. God placed you there for a reason, and He will have the victory! Stay strong in the Lord's might!

      Delete
  6. AMEN my sister! The Lord will either part the sea or have us walk on the water! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... I'd love to walk on the water! Amen! And Praise the Lord!

      Delete
  7. Your post today is a blessing, MaryLu. Thanks for all you do to keep us informed and to keep us going.

    I feel compelled to share this link with you. Perhaps some of your readers will be blessed by this. Pastor JD in Hawaii is offering exemption letters. His prophecy update from yesterday offers more info about these letters.

    Here is the link:https://www.jdfarag.org/exemption

    Also, if any of your readers live in Illinois, there is a law that supposedly protects citizens from being forced to participate in any tests or treatments for any reason. I'm trying to use that at work but no response yet. Fine with me either way (I say that now) as I will not submit to something I'm not comfortable with that is in contradiction to biblical teaching. Not any easy decision for most of us, but trying to keep my eyes on the Lord and not the mess of this world.

    Here is a link to that law; perhaps other states have something similar (I hope), it may just be a matter of pointing it out and maybe they'll back down.

    https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=2082&ChapterID=58

    Best wishes to everyone in these trying times, we are praying for everyone.

    Rebekka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rebekka!!! That is great information. I head that J.D. was putting up an exemption letter. Thank you for posting it. Trying times, indeed, but God prevails!

      Delete
  8. Thank you for posting this. I'm always blessed to have these reminders. The Red Sea is such a wonderful story of God's provision and protection. God is all over this. What we have to do is trust, keep our eyes on Jesus and not let the craziness and evil going on in the world get the best of us. This is why Scipture memory is so important. Jesus is coming back very, very, soon. I feel it! Keep looking up! Our redemption is closer than you think!
    God bless you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel it too, Barbara! He is close, even at the door. Blessings to you and yours!

      Delete
  9. Thank you MaryLu for this beautiful post. Surely these are the times that try men's souls. I too was told to get the jab or be taken off the schedule at work. I worked at an assisted living facility for people with alzheimers and dementia. I told my boss I would not be getting the shot. He tried to bribe me with promises of more money. I said I wouldn't do it for 5 million dollars! So I prayed to God to direct my path. 2 weeks before the deadline I was interviewed for another job at a Christian nursing home.I took it. Now after 3 weeks of employment our POTUS says all who work in nursing homes must be vaxxed or the govt will not pay out medicare or medicaid. Here we go again. The administrator at this facility came up to me today and pleaded with me not to leave. He said they also run an assisted living facility and if push comes to shove he will move me over to that building. All I know is that God is good and He always keeps His promises. He has taken care of me all my life. I trust Him and Him alone. When fear creeps in, I look to Him. My husband and I pray all day " Come soon Lord Jesus". I am getting so very very tired of all of this evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your story!! I am blessed by it, as I know others who read it will be as well. You stood your ground. Your faith remains in the One who holds you in the palm of His hand!!! You are an inspiration to us all. Thank you. I lift up a prayer for you that God will make a way for you to stay employed, and if not, He will provide for you even if He rains down manna from heaven! Keep up the prayers! Keep looking Up. We will soon be with our Lord! Blessings!!!

      Delete
  10. Thank you, MaryLu, for all of your posts. Like the rest of us, I am so very weary and my only desire is to go Home. I have to admit that when I wake up in the morning these days, I'm rather disappointed to still be here on earth, but I know that means that the Lord is still using us for His purposes down here. This year has been very difficult for me on a personal level, and as time goes on I feel more discouraged and overwhelmed by the evil of this world and by the enemy, even as I increase my prayer time and time in the Word. Yesterday, though, as I was praying, my mind flashed to the tragic ongoing situation in Afghanistan, and one of the Bible verses that I remind myself of frequently came to mind: "I will never leave you nor forsake you." It was one of those lightning-bolt moments, the Lord reminding me that His plans for our rescue from this world will not fail, and that none of us who truly belong to Him will be left behind. In the meantime, His ways are higher than our ways, and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts, and although He may delay, His timing is always perfect. I can't wait for that day (or night!), and I feel that it must be only moments away now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to being disappointed to finding myself here every day. I'm so sorry that you've had a rough year. I feel like so many of the saints have been truly tested this year to see if our faith is genuine. And of course there's the enemy always trying to trip us up. I love that the Lord spoke to you, reminding you that He will NEVER leave you. He's coming back for His own.. and like you said, the timing will be perfect! God bless you and yours, Sarah!

      Delete
  11. Oh Sis, perfect timing as always. We are just waiting for all of those hearts to get lined up with Jesus, so that Sea will part!! I see it happening with people I love, that are getting out of the world and finally looking UP. Praise God!! We are so close to that darkest hour before SON RISE. AMEN!! THank you for your continued encouragement to us all. God's love and blessing upon you and yours. Cillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cillie, I'm so thrilled to hear that some of those you love are waking up!! Praise God! Love and blessings to you, my sis.. as we wait for the waters to part!

      Delete
  12. So timely, thank you for pouring your heart out week after week and refreshing the rest of us! I really needed to see this today, life has been so difficult in so many areas and your post reminded me to stay focused and to wait for God. He is always faithful. Blessings MaryLu!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are all going through difficulties at the moment... but Praise God, He is always with us... holding our hands. Blessings!

      Delete