Monday, October 18, 2021

Why are You Afraid of a Paper Lion?

 
I know so many of you are really struggling. I honestly did not even consider that we Christians would see this kind of wickedness and feel this kind of pressure before Jesus rescued us. But, I have come to understand from the Lord that this time was needed to weed out the true believers from the false, those who truly love the Lord and those who love the world. The Wheat and the Tares. Regardless, it doesn't make it any easier. Some of you are losing your jobs over this forced vaccination, others are concerned about money as our economy suffers horrible inflation, others are concerned for safety as police are being defunded and violent people are flooding over our borders. And still others are suffering intense persecution from friends and family over the vaccine and the warnings we are giving from the Lord. Yes, the enemy is being unleashed, bit by bit, along with all his demons, in preparation for his coming reign of seven years. And he hates, loathes those of us who are true children of God. He can't stand the sight of us. We stink to him, and he wants to do anything he can to make us miserable, afraid, depressed, and maybe even get to the point of turning away from Jesus. 
 
He really doesn't want the rapture to happen. Why? Because while we are still here, he thinks he still has a chance to pull some of us off the narrow path. At the very least, to get us to be left behind. At the worst, to get us to deny Jesus. Once we leave, any influence he has over us is over.
 
But you know, that's ALL he has over us. Influence. Lies. He can't touch us otherwise. He can't harm us physically, make us sick, get us fired, hurt a loved one, take away our food or home, nothing. He can't touch us without God's permission. Yes, he can hurt us emotionally through lost family and friends, but otherwise, he can only lie. And he's very good at it But he's a paper lion. He's not a real lion. 
 

 
That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8 

Notice the "like"?  He isn't a lion at all. He is all roar and no bite. 
 
But not our Savior. Our God is mighty to save!
 
 The Lord thunders and roars from Zion and utters His voice from Jerusalem; Amos 1:2
 
 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. Revelation 5:5
 

So why are you afraid?  Don't be!!  

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father....... What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Romans 8:15;31-32

The truth is, Jesus already DEFEATED Satan and ALL of his fallen angels and demons on the Cross!  

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Colossians 2:14-15
 
Another version says  In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross. 

He disarmed them!  They have no more weapons to use against the Children of God. None! 

And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."  Luke 10:18-19

Satan is defeated and our victory is already won! So, no vaccine or job loss or lost loved ones or mocking or Fema Quarantine camps or food shortages, or any of the other threats of the enemy can touch you if you belong to Jesus. Do you believe Him? He says it over and over in Scripture. 

Now is the time to stand on Jesus's own words and trust Him to take care of us. Even as we see the armies of the enemy fast approaching and there seems to be no way out, God will make a way. He will part the seas of the sky, come down, and snatch us out of here in a split second, in the twinkling of an eye. 

So, take a deep breath, breathe in the Holy Spirit, and then blow down that paper tiger. Send him whimpering off to the corner because he has no power over you. None. 
 
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
 
Romans 8:35-39
 
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Thank you Marylu for the timely reminder that we have already won and need not fear the things that the enemy is doing. God bless you for all you do. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. So needed today. I felt myself slip this past week, and I could say that it was probably from the sense of sadness or loneliness or disappointment. But I forgot for a moment that I already have victory in Christ. No matter what happens, he is with me. And I love the depiction of blowing Satan away like a piece of paper. A simple puff is all I need, because I have the Breath of God in me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, I needed this message too! I've been oscillating in and out of depression and joy. I've had some pretty heavy attacks lately from loved ones.. and it's easy to get down with that and the state of the world.. but God is still on the throne and He (and we) have already won! Blessings!

      Delete
  3. So thankful for your posts Sis, I have been so amazed by the great peace God has given me through this whole time of trials in this world as well as the ones in my own life... sometimes overtaken to tears but never down trodden or laden with fear! The evil one sure does try but it isn't happening here, I am a child of the one true God and angels guard me and my kids day and night of this I am sure! Thankful that Jesus has over come death and this world.
    I would encourage all to accept salvation, pray earnestly and at all times not ceasing as all bad things never last, I can assure you all of that, no matter how bad it may seem at the moment. Katy Lee, always an encouragement to see your posts... So glad for the Holy Spirit in all my Sisters and Brothers in the Lord, that is our breath of air to " Blow Him Off " so to say... He has no power over us, we have a choice to make to walk with the Lord and in his ways or to fall prey to fear and depression and so many today are weary and need to not give in to the emotions we often feel. He who is in you, is stronger then he who is in this world... Amen

    Blessings & Much Love to All
    Hugs
    Linda Marie Finn
    Faithful Acres Books & Author Services

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to add testimony here also that even if your trials and attacks come from your children, your parents, other family... In dealing with this for years myself. I have learned that if I just turn them over to the Lord or in some cases to satan for the destruction of the flesh as the bible says, that this is best. God's will , will be done in their lives wither its to honor or to dishonor but all to bring Glory to the Father and Our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ! Its hard, truly it is , I know it first hand with a couple older daughters', God will deal with them in his time and in his way. We all have to know that even if one has made a profession of faith or not that God will not be silent forever in the lives of those who are disobedient to Him. Keep praying, but remember that even if you are not allowed to see your kids, grandkids, extended family... God is there and he hears you and he will move to fulfill his will in this life time. Again, it is very hard , tears will flow but better to not see them and have them know the issues than to see them suffer through their parents harsh words each time that were involved. God will have the victory in all this and our children will see the hand of God, in life or in death. Earnestly pray, prayer changes things... I had to wait 8 years before seeing my grandkids, was allowed to see them for a few times during a 2 year period and then not allowed to see them again now for almost 2 years again, but lately glimps of them walking home from school when I am driving and I make a point to stop and say hello and tell them I love them. My daughter is cruel in not allowing them family. They need family they are in their teens now... So much bad happens to our grands in this world and they do suffer at the hands of their parents. Pray the Lord deal with those parents our kids and spouses who are resisting the Lord God and causing these issues for the kids...
      Blessings
      Linda Marie Finn

      Delete
    2. I guess I am on the opposite side. My mother called me demon possessed in front of my son, and refused to apologize. Therefore, we don’t see her. I used to be close to my mother.

      And just yesterday, I was on a group text thread with my in-laws, and apparently they forgot I was on it. My atheist niece and my MIL were mocking the rapture. I had recently told my brother in law that I believed it was soon. Then they tried to spin it as harmless, and my MIL (an acknowledged alcoholic), gaslighted me. My husband is deceased, and they were tough enough to deal with when he was still alive. I think I will be walking away from them too.

      So if you think it’s cruelty, many times it’s just self preservation to walk away and not be unequally yoked imho. No one should have to tolerate abuse. I feel like I have said all I can say, and it’s in God’s hands.

      Delete
    3. Linda.. those are words from the Lord for someone here. I have a friend who has been kept from her grandkids after she practically raised them.. and then in my situation too, my grandsons are being kept from me. But you are right. God knows, understands, and He will move in the lives of our loved ones. We just keep praying!!

      Delete
    4. Cheryl, you are not alone. I was recently attacked by my own son who has now blocked me from his phone. You are making a stand for Jesus, preaching the truth, and following the Lord. That is why they attack you. It's a spiritual battle. Satan attacks you through them. So forgive them, pray for them, and yes, walk away for now. We are not to cast our pearls before swine. I'm sorry this happened to you. But be of good cheer, Jesus said that great is your blessing when people mock and revile you for His name sake!! Hang in there. We are almost home! Sending you a big cyber hug!

      Delete
    5. Thank you Mary Lu. I wish you lived near me. You would make a great adopted Grandma.
      Satan is great at guilting me out. I mean, if everyone has a problem with me, then it must be me, right? But you are right, he uses those closest to us to get to us, because we are sounding the alarm.
      I am going to still pray for them, but keep my distance for now.
      I will pray for your situation with your son.

      Delete
    6. I wished we lived closer too, Cheryl... Don't allow the enemy to cause guilt!! He's very good at that.. and he also is a liar. Nothing he says is the truth. You are a princess of the King of Kings! Hold your head high and remember how valuable you are! Thanks for your prayers for me too!! I'm glad you're keeping your distance.

      Delete
  4. Cheryl, and all of us, I am so sorry for what you have been going through. Family estrangements are the hardest of all. I have them too, but do still have limited contact. One of my favorite warfare verses, spoken out loud and with authority--now along with that "breath"--is Col. 2:15: (Paraphrased) "You powers and authorities have been disarmed! Jesus made a public spectacle of you triumphing over you by the cross!" Hallelujah. Blessings, and Maranatha! Judi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great declaration, Judi! I bet that makes those nasty demons shrink in fear and take flight. !!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Judi. I love that!

      Delete