Monday, November 15, 2021

We Struggle Not Against Flesh and Blood! Prayer Guidance!

 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12
 
Dear Saints, 
We've all heard the verse above and the ones that follow where the Apostle Paul describes the Armor of God. Yet how often do we really think in these terms when struggles come? Especially difficulties with other people?  In the past several months I've had many encounters with others that have left me either scratching my head, dropping my head into my hands to cry, or pounding my head against a brick wall. 

In these last days before the Lord calls us to "Come up Here!" we were more than warned in the Bible that things would get tough. We were told the road was going to be extremely narrow, yet we get depressed when we find ourselves the only one in our family who is on that road with us.

Yet Scripture tells us that some family members would turn on us, some would hate us, others dismiss us, and some would even go as far as to turn us into the authorities when the time comes. Yet, our hearts still break.

We were told many many believers would fall into apostasy by following false prophets and believing in false doctrines and would drift away from the truth, but watching it happen with friends and family is almost too much to bear. I'm going to list below six types of people I've come across among my own family and friends and how, I believe, the Lord would have us deal with them. See if you can find some of these types in your own family.

Angry Atheist - This person hates God, even though he doesn't believe in Him. He gets angry when you try to talk to him about Jesus. This family member is unhappy, arrogant, and argumentative. I recently had an encounter with this person and it was obvious after a few email exchanges that he was making no sense, hating me for no reason, no matter what Olive branch I held out. The Lord told me clearly that this person was filled with demons and I was only arguing with them, not with this person. In fact, any time you are speaking to someone, doing your best to be reasonable and kind and all you get in return is hatred and confusion, it's a real good sign this person is demon possessed. You can almost see the little buggers laughing at you from within the person's eyes. In this case, it's best to back away and instead of engaging this person, pray and fast regularly for them.
 
Happy Agnostic - This person thinks there might be a God and may even mention Him from time to time but doesn't care enough to seek God or find out if He exists and if so, what God may want from them. This family member drives me nuts. I've told them the Gospel, sent them countless Scriptures and sermons, told them my testimony, but they just smile and listen and then go on with their lives as usual. This person is generally non confrontational and believes everyone is entitled to their own views, but that this religious stuff is not for them. After doing all I can with this person, the Lord has told me to stop. Unless this person comes to me to ask about God, I am to just love them and be a good example to them. And, of course, keep praying.

Lukewarm Believer. This family member believes in Jesus, had a great supernatural salvation experience, was filled with the Holy Spirit, and spent the first several months of his salvation reading the Bible. Then slowly over the years, his zeal for the Lord died out. Now, as far as I can tell, he never picks up his Bible. I think he might still pray now and then, but he spends his spare time watching the news, looking at things online, or watching silly shows on TV. He never talks about the Lord or what He's doing in his life and he has no interest in discussing Biblical things. Though he steers away from willful sin, his main interest lies in things of this world. We are told in the Bible to warn this type of believer, to do our best to get them back on the narrow road, to encourage them to read the Bible and have a close walk with the Lord. This, I have done to the best of my ability. In this case, however, the person has a great deal of pride and takes great offense at being told he is doing something wrong, so I must be diplomatic. However, after several attempts, once again, the Lord has instructed me to love this person, be a good example, and pray. Unfortunately, the Lord tells us that He will vomit the Lukewarm believer out of His mouth. Not a lovely prospect.
 
Strong Believer but prefers to have her head in the sand  This person loves the Lord, reads her Bible, worships God, wants to follow Jesus and obey Him, but she has little to no interest in endtimes, prophecies coming true from the Bible, or warnings about vaccines. Whenever I have tried to tell her, she has asked me to stop. However, we do talk about the Lord and the things He is teaching us and how wonderful He is, so I know this person is on the narrow road and heading toward heaven. I just worry that, because she is not aware of the times in which we live, she will be easily deceived. In this case, I believe the Lord wants me to see what happens, wait on His signal, and if I see this person heading in the wrong direction, to warn her.  So I continue to pray for her and wait on the Lord. This person will be taken in the rapture.
 
Carnal Christians.  These family members got saved when they were young, seemed to love the Lord, but as they grew up, they got entangled in the world and the things of the world, and soon drifted so far from the Lord that He really isn't a part of their lives anymore. These types are often the Once Saved Always Saved believers who think that all they need to do is believe in Jesus and they can live anyway they want. They are often involved in sinful activities that are displeasing to the Lord, and they may even attend church on Sundays, fulfilling their perceived duties as Christians. Their thoughts, plans, and heart are on the pleasures of this world.  The Apostle Paul tells us to first warn these types of believers, and if they don't listen, to cast them from the church and stay away from them. This, of course, flies in the face of so many seeker-friendly churches today who allow homosexuals and others willfully living in sin to not only join the church but volunteer for service.  Anyway, if you have one of these in your family, do as Paul says, warn them once or twice, but otherwise stay out of their lives as much as is possible.

Deceived Believers who have fallen for False Doctrines.  I have an entire clan of my family stuck in this, and I have watched them go from being excited and in love with the Lord to being not only complacent but living in willful sin.  In my case, these people got sucked up into the Trump phenomena and QAnon. At first it seemed harmless and maybe even a little Christian since Q portrays himself as a believer and uses Scriptures all the time. I admit to even looking at some of his posts, but I found them weird and cryptic and riddled with strange codes that had to be deciphered.  (almost like a cult). Still, it seemed a patriotic endeavor to reclaim America for God. The weird thing about deception is that it's very deceptive! (Yes, you can quote me on that. LOL)  It creeps in and steals away truth bit by bit so that you hardly notice when it's gone. Not only that but once you take that first step, you are far more susceptible to more deception. Hence, this Q thing and Trump obsession, then led to NAR or the New Apostolic Reformation or Dominionism.  Now, these family members believe that Trump will return and "God will use him to save the world". That is a direct quote from said family member. In fact, all they talk about is this Great Awakening and Great Revival that is coming. They no longer believe in the rapture either. 

Yet the tell tale sign that this is not from God (beside the fact that it isn't Biblical) is that these family members no longer hardly mention the Lord. Not only that, but two of their grown kids are living in sin and they talk about it without a speck of shame or remorse. In fact, quite the opposite. In addition, they are all about parties, boating, vacations, and every time they send me a picture, it is of them with an alcoholic drink in hand. They are making plans for years in advance, and are completely in love with this world and the things of this world. How the devil must be rejoicing, for he was able to take a good Christian family and turn them into apostate, deceived, believers.  I have tried to talk to them but they just get angry and stop talking to me. It's sad. I have a good friend involved in this and when I tried to warn her, she because enraged with me and told me never to speak to her again. Interesting how the love of God for fellow believers seems to leave people who are deceived.

Now, for the battle. We all need to realize that in each case above, we are not battling these individuals but instead, we are fighting against demonic spirits and powers of darkness that have either possessed these people or lured them away from the truth. It is important to forgive them for any pain they've caused you and move ahead to battle accordingly. 

You first battle with the truth, and that's by speaking to them, telling them the Gospel, warning them, admonishing them, and encouraging them with the love of God. If they don't listen, then you do not retreat, but you get out the even bigger guns of prayer, fasting, and binding and rebuking. I will leave you with a few warfare prayers below, but I urge to pray as the Holy Spirit leads, and search the Bible for Scripture you can use as well. Remember that it may seem like your prayers are just drifting up and being swept away by the wind, but that's not true. We know that the prayers of the righteous are powerful and effective! 
 
The heartfelt and persistent prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much when put into action and made effective by God—it is dynamic and can have tremendous power.  James 5:16 Amplified

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.  For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

Before I go, I want to encourage those of you who have lost or wayward children to read this great post by my friend and excellent author, Jocelyn Andersen. I guarantee, it will bless your socks off!

Directions for battle prayers

I'm only going to give you some ideas, based on what I know and what I do, but I don't want to give you specific prayers or what ends up happening is people just repeat them without meaning. So, here goes. These are all based on Scriptures, though I didn't have time to look each one up.
 
In the name of Jesus, you can break the strongholds keeping them from knowing God and knowing the truth. You can pull down the strongholds and crush the fortresses the enemy has erected keeping them from God. 
 
In the name of Jesus and by the power of the blood of Jesus, you can bind and muzzle every evil spirit inside of them, outside of them, tormenting them, and in their homes. You can plead the blood of Jesus against every evil spirit and ruler of darkness attacking them. Note: You can't cast demons out of a person who doesn't want them gone, but you can muzzle them and forbid them to speak or lure the person into further darkness.

In the name of Jesus, you can remove the yolk of oppression from their shoulders, lift the veil of blindness from their eyes, and ask the Lord to transfer them from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of God

Plead the blood of Jesus over them to remove any evil curses they've brought on themselves or that have been put on them. You can command those curses be lifted and the eyes of their hearts be opened to the knowledge of the truth. 

Pray for the Lord to break and dissolve any soul ties they have with people or things of this world that are keeping them from Him. Pray to remove any people from their lives who are leading them astray. Rebuke and command those people and things to leave this person's life and not return.

In the name of Jesus break any demonic influence over them brought on by substance abuse. Ask the Lord to make these substances distasteful to them or make them sick with it. 

Ask the Lord to bring Godly friends into their lives, mentors, people who will share the truth with them in love, plant seeds and water them. (the seeds, not the person)

Ask the Lord to make the things of this world distasteful to them, unfulfilling, boring, monotonous. 

Ask the Lord to confuse and confound the enemy's attempts to keep this person in darkness. In the name of Jesus, cancel all of Satan's plans for them and break every evil assignment against them. 

And if you can handle it, pray that the Lord causes calamity to strike them, but only enough that will turn them to Him. This is a hard prayer to say, but sometimes this is the only way. 

Remind the Lord that He doesn't wish any to perish and that the prayers of the righteous are powerful. If this is a child or grandchild you are praying for, remind the Lord of both the countless examples and the Scriptures in the Bible that say the descendants of the righteous will be delivered. 

If you can, fast at least one day a week, or skip one meal if that's all you can do while you are praying for this person. This will make your prayer missile hypersonic instead of just an ordinary missile. 

Most of all, end your prayers with praises to our Lord, sing songs, thank Him, tell Him how wonderful He is, how much you love Him!  There is much power in the praises of God's children.

Then Rest in the Lord and Trust Him.


 
 



21 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. It’s just a reminder of what our assignment is, and that we shouldn’t be surprised by any of it. I know I have had to deal with my own feelings of hurt, anger, and unforgiveness. If the rapture does not happen, my son and I will face our first Christmas without lots of family. It’s been a big part of his childhood and is a loss. Additionally, yesterday I made the difficult decision to put our dog to sleep. She was very elderly, and was there through the birth of my son, and the death of my husband. She was a loyal loving friend, and we are devastated. The light here grows dimmer by the day. I literally wanted to crawl out of my skin yesterday. I don’t think I can take much more, but all the fear mongering watchman tell me to be prepared for the worst. I don’t think I am cut out for this. I struggle because the rapture hasn’t happened, and I fear it won’t. I am scared and hurting for my child. Please God, come and get us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sister,
      Gods Word has so much comfort for what we are experiencing now. I exhort you to strengthen your faith by applying truths such as Phil 4:6-8, Heb 10:25, and Matthew 11:28-30. God wants us to be comforted in our Spirits by his truth. He loves us and has something wonderful planned for us. We are commanded to find joy is that. Praying for you.

      Delete
    2. Hi Cheryl, sending hugs and prayers your way. So very saddened to hear about your beloved pup. They are family. We are eager for the Rapture but I worry and hope my cat can come with us if we are blessed to be snatched away (I believe we will but presume nothing, as it's the Lord's decision who is truly worthy). I have had two strong Christians say my cat will come with, and I pray they are right. Anything we ask, believing, we shall receive, right? This may sound lame, and I hope it's not offensive, but I see your dog's passing as the Lord taking him home for safekeeping, and that he will greet you when we Rapture. I hope this is a comforting thought. TW Tramm has a very interesting new post about the times of Noah compared to the coming wrath. I think his analysis makes a very good case for the Rapture perhaps coming as soon as this weekend.I am not a prophet or Biblical expert of any kind, but I have seen the number 11-22 A LOT over the past year or so (as 11:22, $11.22, etc.) and lots of just any time of day 00:22 or an order #22 at a drive thru, etc. In my experience, numbers have often meant something, so I have struggled to figure out the "11-22" mystery - but whatever it means, I think (and others more gifted in having prayerful conversations with the Lord) that the Rapture will be soon. I have started praying for strength and resilience that we can meet whatever plans he has for us. Jesus did not reject the cup his Father placed before him, and Jeremiah 29:11 says we all have an expected end. The Lord planned our lives out thousands of years ago, and His ways are perfect. Hang in there.

      Rebekka

      PS Here is the TW Tramm link. The articles open as pdf files. I saw his latest article this weekend and it was a huge blessing, as yet more hope that the Rapture may still be soon and very soon. I hope you will be encouraged. Remember Joshua 1:9.

      https://theseasonofreturn.com/articles

      Delete
    3. I believe with all my heart that our pets will greet us in heaven. I follow a very Godly pastor who had a dream of heaven and he saw his childhood pets who had died there, so I believe that. Besides, we serve a loving and merciful God. Why wouldn't he do that? I also believe our pets will go with us in the rapture... that's just a personal opinion, based on knowing the Father's heart.

      Delete
    4. Thank you, Rebekka, for the encouragement! I actually went on Tramm's FB page yesterday and saw his article. Pastor Sandy Armstrong and Dr. Awe are giving the same timeline. It's amazing to think that we could be with Jesus in just a week or 2! I'm so excited! Even if it doesn't happen, we know the Lord never gives us more than we can handle. I love that you are seeing 11-22. May it be so!! Let's all pray for each other.. to have God's strength and joy to face whatever comes and to keep our eyes on Jesus!

      Delete
    5. Hi MaryLu, I am very hopeful that Jack will Rapture with us. I am so grateful to you for sharing your thoughts on that. He is family. I've even started asking if our squirrel friends can come - is that nuts? (pun intended)

      I join you in being hopeful and excited that we might be Home soon. As I thought about this last night, I felt like it was almost "too good to be true". I don't know if I'm ready in the worthiness department, and I feel bummed that I wasted so much time over the years (for example, wish I'd gotten hooked on prophecy A LOT sooner) but I am beyond ready in the excitement and "eyes to the sky" department.

      I don't recall if I ever shared this with you, but I have what I think is a memory from before I was born. I remember sitting in a circle on a cloud with 8-12 other kids (kind of like show and tell back in k-garten) and standing over us like an adoring parent, 3 or 4 kids to my right, was Jesus.

      He had a way of showing us, if we looked down toward the middle of the cloud, a projection of who we were going to live with when we came to earth. It was like a screen, as we know it here, but probably something else.

      When it was my turn, the image came up (of which I only remember blurs) and I watched and then distinctly remember saying, "Yeah, ok. They seem nice." (Which makes me wonder, wow - could we have said "no, they seem like a bad fit"?)

      Next thing I remember, I was here. But, funny, so many times in my childhood especially, I found myself at home, yet saying "I wanna go home." I didn't realize until maybe 5-10 years ago - oh! Duh, of course: I wanted to go Home (capital H - heaven, clouds, Lord).

      It has been just over 45 years since the last time I sat in the clouds with the Lord, and I feel like I have many treasures in heaven (I am convinced beyond doubt that my grandparents are saved, for example) and I. Want. To. Go. !!!! I am so ready. Beyond excited, if I think too much about it. Jump out of my skin excited.

      I can't wait to meet you and all the awesome friends here that follow your blog. Maybe sooner than we all could imagine. Yippee!!!!

      Rebekka

      Delete
  2. Dear sweet Cheryl, may the LORD bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you and grant you peace. Peace, dear sister. Know that His love in us loves you and will pray for you and your son this day. Hold on. While those of us who long for the Rapture are weary and desperate to flee this world, the Lord would have us hold on a little longer--maybe minutes, maybe days, maybe longer (Hopefully not! lol). We dog lovers totally understand the loss of your best friend. And the timing couldn't have been worse. But God wants to fill the gaps for you, if only our flesh could receive it, eh? I don't have any great words of wisdom, no great insights that you wouldn't already know, but know this: my heart grieves with you. I don't know you but I weep with you. May God Himself ease your pain and carry you on the winds of hope and promise. He has called you by name, you are His. Sometimes it is hard to see and believe the promises of His Word, but He is with you in the flood and the fire of affliction. Our faith shines brightest when we can say God is still good, He is still true, He is still faithful--even when our circumstances are shouting to the contrary. And it is that faith that pleases Him, blesses Him, loves Him in ways that all of our good works never can. May you feel the warmth of His arms around you this day and in the days to come. And, yes, some of the watchmen sow fear in an attempt to wake up a sleeping church, but they are only human. God will do what He will do When He will do it. I think we will all be surprised. I wish I could give you a good hug, I think you need one today. So I will pray the Lord sends you comfort in a tangible, effective way that communicates His great love for you this day. Blessings, Cheryl, I wish I could help comfort you, but God will hear our prayers, and His comfort is beyond what we could ever ask or think. Blessings, dear one. Judi

    MaryLu, such a timely reminder. Oh my goodness thank you. How it is we older believers who know better can get so lax???? Perhaps years of "unanswered" prayer? Translate that to unseen answers. I have someone in nearly every category above (unfortunately no other devout, walking with the Lord at this time just dismissive of eschatology ones though). My husband (a baby believer) and I are big into watching for the Lord, ready to leave this earth, but the rest of my famly, like yours, tend to fall in the other categories. I don't even have a close friend who actively watches. I am older and retired, so I don't have to "plan for the future," worry about a job, etc. But it sure is lonely and puzzling sometimes how devout believers just don't seem interested in the nearness of the rapture. I dominates my life and focus these days. I don't even follow the news anymore--other than to align it with prophecy. At any rate, thank you for this timely reminder of the need to get back in the warfare trenches. Who knows, it may not yet be too late for some. May you too be blessed this day, dear sister.

    Cheryl, one more thought. My heart is really sad for your pain. I have to believe it is Jesus in me weeping with you, for you. He loves you so much. He knows, He knows. You are not alone. You are not abandoned. You were wise to share this morning as now others of us can gather around you in prayer joining the Holy Spirit and Jesus Himself making intercession before ABBA on your behalf. We say yea and amen to their prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, and family, I just saw this and thought it is apropos to our discussion here. I have read before of the value of harp music for healing of the body and soul, but this is a providential reminder:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41NHjHRxI34

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you all so much! See how you comfort and help one another before I even have a chance to read the comments! Thank you, Judi and AnotherOneJesusLoves! I couldn't have said things better to Cheryl.
    But I will say this, Cheryl. I am very sorry for the loss of your dog. I have been there. It rips holes in your soul that feel as though the won't mend. Along with family members who have rejected you. Forgive them and pray for them. Then, if at all possible, in your case, I would stop listening to watchmen for awhile, at least those who are telling you to prepare for the worst. I report many bad things, because I want people to wake up who are asleep. But I'm telling you to prepare for the Best! The Lord is coming to rescue His Bride and He will not delay! It may seem like He is delaying but He is not! We may "see" some things. It may seem like He isn't coming.. but then, in a flash, in a twinkling of an eye, you will hear that Trumpet and Jesus's own voice calling "Come up here, Cheryl!" And you and your son will be with Him instantly. Might I suggest you avoid the news for a time and get into the Word. Put on some praise music and give Jesus the glory! Chase away those demons of fear and depression. You ARE cut out for this, Cheryl. The Lord put you here in this time for a purpose. Ask for His strength and faith and He will give it to you. I join with everyone here to surround you with prayers. Sister, you are going to make it.. you are going to cross that finish line in victory!! Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this awesome post, MaryLu. We have many friends and relatives who fit into these categories. It frustrates us and boggles our minds at how so many apparently do not see. I have a parent who was raised to believe in Jesus. She stopped going to church over 25 years ago but used to watch on TV. She never mentions it any more, so I suspect she has stopped watching. I tried sending her a Bible and some "wake up and see the Biblical view of things" DVDs thinking since it's on the screen she might actually watch and take heed. She has mentioned other things I've sent her, but not that. (And she dominates every conversation so you can't get a word in - and by the time she asks if you have anything to share, it's pushing two hours of narcissist rantings and you just wanna hang up).

      I have tried twice in past calls to mention, "well it's the end times." Both times I heard the audio version of a deer in the headlights stare, and then one time she replied with, "well yeah, crime rates are going up cuz it's April." (!!??!!) And the second time she started talking about climate change / global warming. (Um....) I sat through another phone call with her yesterday and it's like anything I say (about any topic) just bounces up against a concrete wall. She is retired and talks excessively about meaningless Hollywood nonsense. She once complained for about a month (no kidding!) because a channel she used to watch was cancelled. Sigh. I have sent her articles about current events and about why it's the end times. Not sure she even read the stuff I sent her about the end times.

      Yet for a couple weeks she repeatedly accused me of being "brainwashed" by my husband, which was an insult on so many levels but typical of her personality (which describing would probably fill a book). You mentioned in your comment above how we were all put in this time and place for a reason.

      The one good thing about the lockdown (which triggered me big time because of being raised by this person who is very like the people in charge now - all "do as I say, not as I do" and "don't you question me", not allowed to go anywhere or have friends, etc.) is that I realized the Lord truly gives us our personality and interests for a reason. I have always enjoyed history and disaster stories (true ones and some movies), and I have always hankered to know what will happen ahead of time and to try to predict the future somehow.

      Further, being raised by a controlling narcissist has molded me into someone who does not follow the crowd and is very slow to trust anyone - individual or "authority" has turned out to be a great asset these psst two years. So where I used to lament about how I was raised and that it "ruined my life" in some ways, now I see that the Lord needed me to turn out this way so that I would not trust the powers that be here at the end times, and that I would develop a strong interest in Bible prophecy.

      So, I still find myself frustrated that she does not or will not make any connections to the Bible (great at spouting movie quotes, tho, as I used to be also) but at least I can see now that the Lord truly knew us before we were born (which I know to be true for other reasons, too) and that He knew the kind of upbringing I needed so that I would turn out the way I am today. Like Joseph being sold, his family meant it for ill, but G*d meant it for good (though I don't claim to be as important as Joseph).

      I really appreciate the information you've shared in this post today. I have several friends and family for which I now have better ideas on how to strategize prayer based on what category they fall into. I hope they will not be lost.

      Thank you for blessing us with this insight,

      Rebekka

      Delete
    2. First of all, I'm sorry about your parent, but I've run into this myself with my family. I sense the Lord telling me to love them and just pray, and unless they bring up the topic, I no longer talk about end times. Very interesting perspective on the families we are put in. I read your pre-birth dream above and it really touched me. I do believe we are with the Lord before we come here... and He places us in families He knows will ultimately aid us in our walk and ministry with him. I didn't have a narcissistic parent, but I had a very difficult childhood with multiple divorces and no father, and I've often wondered why, Lord? But like you said, my upbringing made me who I am today and brought me to Jesus as my Father.. and helps me help others in ministry. If I had been put in a perfect Godly home, how could I ever relate to most people out there? If I had not fallen deep into the pit, how can I help others climb out of it? Great comment! Thank you.

      Delete
    3. You're welcome, MaryLu. It is interesting how our childhood experiences shape us. Things we are presented with really do seem to happen for a reason, that we apparently sometimes don't realize until decades later.

      I'm sorry that most of your family is averse to talking about the end times. I have pretty much resolved that my mother doesn't get it and perhaps doesn't want to. But the link you shared from Jocelyn's blog was inspiring. I am convinced that my maternal grandparents *are* in heaven. If so, that might presume that they were righteous, and so if as the Bible says, the righteous and their seed are blessed, then perhaps my mother will be saved (if not raptured, then later) because her mother was righteous? That would be a comfort.

      If so, hopefully she will go in the rapture, as I don't think she would resist the MOTB. Based on other comments she has made lately, I can easily picture her saying, "Well, how are you supposed to buy stuff? You have to get it." Sigh.

      May we all be pleasantly surprised when we get to heaven, that we will see people we fully expected would be lost. For with man it is impossible, but with G*d all things are possible.

      Thanks for being such a blessing to all of us, MaryLu!

      Rebekka

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for these prayers. I went right down and prayed every single one for my children. I may be an outcast to them now, but I can still pray for them and War for their souls. As hard as it is to pray for calamity to come into their life, I even prayed that one. Their soul is too important not to. As much as I pray for Jesus to come, I also pray for a little longer time to give them another chance. As far as my husband goes, he thinks I need to stop reading the Bible, so I know he's no help with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, my son has cast me out too, so you are not alone. I war for his soul and the souls of my other children and grandkids. Also, my husband never reads his Bible and never talks about Jesus. He thinks we have hundreds of years left here. I'm done arguing with him. It's hard not having a spiritual leader in the house. I can relate so much. but Jesus knows and understands. He is our husband and prince and leader. He prays for our kids!! I believe that. Hang in there, Sis. ! HUGs and blessings!~

      Delete
    2. I am going to come back to this post tomorrow. I want Katy to know that I am right there with you two and others when it comes to our kids, grandkids,& family lost or being more on the carnal side of Christianity. Sad but so true. I have felt pretty alone with just my two kids that are at home still and even one of them is adamantly opposed to Christianity. For the most part we stay home and go out only when we need something,but when it comes to family we have no one here. I have a daughter in NH that is not saved and she misses us I think but wants us to move there. I am just so unsure where to move to or what to do other than I know I should move to the country , instead of being in town. Praying for my kids, grandkids and family each night and during the day when someone comes to mind. Praying for friend sick and dying, praying for those I meet and today was a wonderful day for the most part. Thank you for this post MaryLu.
      Blessings to you and Katy.
      Linda Marie Finn

      Delete
  6. God willing, we only have days, not months left here on earth. MLu, I have made a list of my family in all the categories and am making a concerted effort this week to cover them one last time (perhaps?). We know our prayers are not wasted, so I believe they will carry over into the Tribulation for our loved ones and hopefully bear the fruit of salvation then, if not now.

    Yes, praying all of our beloved pets, no matter what the variety ;-), are with us in heaven. To confirm: a friend had a dream of a mutual friend in the Lord who was walking with all his dogs in heaven; it was a great comfort to his widow. On the idea of dreams I want to share one I had last week. I dont know that it will minister to anyone here, as it just represents the cry of our hearts, but nevertheless here it is.

    In the dream I was outside the bedroom door of a young woman I knew was dying. Someone next to me in the hall said, "she's saying goodbye" (other people had been going in and out though I didn't see them. The scene changed and she was walking outside with her caregiver. I knew her but more as an acquaintance. She looked as we might expect, pale, gray, dark circles under her eyes. Her hair was brown, faded and brittle looking. The lower third of it was lighter in color as if it had "faded" more so. I went up to her to say goodbye and hugged her, desperately, with deep weeping saying, "You get to go home!" I so wanted to go too.

    I know that is our hearts'cry, isn't it. We want to go home. As I write this it occurs to me that the young woman represents all of us, our life in this sin-filled world, dying, longing to go Home. Hold on, dear ones. Our longing is so blessed to Jesus that He promises a crown of righteousness for it. WOW. I don't even know what that means, but it tells us how much value He places on our longing hearts! Blessings and huggzz. Longing to see you all in the rapture! Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your dream, Judi. I think your interpretation is spot on! We all feel and look (in the spirit) like that woman about to die. Sin and time, struggles, burdens, and heartaches have made us old and weary with little strength. But soon and very soon we will go home! What a great reminder.

      Delete
  7. I just wanted to say thanks to all who posted encouragement and advice. It means so much. It was ALL so good. You all are wonderful. I have chosen to believe that sweet Bella is in heaven, and will be waiting for us. I had so hoped she would go in the rapture, but she wasn’t going to make it, her suffering was becoming too much. Anyway, my son and I are both speculating on the fun she is having in heaven, and it is making us smile. On a funny note, last night I ordered BBQ through Grub Hub because I couldn’t focus on a meal. When the order arrived, it was 5 entrees and we only ordered 2. Grub Hub refunded it, and we ended up with an enormous amount of meat. We said Bella probably sent us that as she loved 🍖 🥓🥩 I know in my head God has a reason for why things happen a certain way, so I just need to breathe. I do so hope the rapture is very soon, but all the failed speculations make me cautious at getting my hopes up. And yes, I think staying away from you tube, and focusing on the Word, and praise music is probably best right now. Thanks again everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you and your son are thinking of Bella in heaven having a blast, as I believe she is!! and I love the meat story! Enjoy the extra meat and think of Bella.
      Glad you're feeling better too! HUGS

      Delete
  8. Hi MaryLu,
    This blog could not have come at a better time, for me, at least. Your description of family and friends was spot on and it seems that I know someone in each category! The very first one could describe my oldest son, except I do not think he is an atheist. He seems to believe in God, as he "likes things on Facebook" concerning God, but he surely does not live his life that way at all... He is angry and argumentative, and quite vindictive. I say this because just two weeks ago he lashed out at me over something stupid while I was having a discussion with my youngest son about, once again, Facebook. And I mean "lashed out" verbally, calling me all kinds of vile names, yelling at me at the top of his lungs (in MY home, yet), saying he just woke up and did not want to hear anything about FB. He said that I did not know when to shut my F*ing mouth. This really, really hurt me and angered me. I saw that it was useless to try to out-argue him at that point, glared at him, and left the room. I knew that if I said anything more, things would get worse, so I just left the room. However, this upset me so much that in the days thereafter, I was so upset, felt so un-loved, and so needed someone just to reach out and hold me and comfort me that I prayed to God that I needed someone in my life now, right now, to love me and care for me, and comfort me in my times of need, such as after this incident with my son... so, I reached out to a "friend" on FB, an old friend from 30 years ago if not more, whom I had deep down loved, but was only a booty-call to him. I told him what transpired with my son and he responded saying that things would be okay, and he called me "honey" and I just melted. I wanted him in my life at that point so badly... but then, as God would have it, I received a message from God, on FB of all places, that made me step back and see things from His perspective and not mine. It was a post of a notebook with handwriting that said, (get this)..."Sometimes God puts you in places ALONE because He needs you to realize you do NOT need anybody but HIM!" You could have dropped me with a feather. I knew in my heart that message posted on FB was meant for me. I posted it as a message to the one I was wanting in my life, and I have not heard a word from him since, which is just fine. I am sure he is not someone that would be good for me in the long run... he was not 30 years ago and he is not now, either. Since that time, I have done pretty much what you say to do with prayers for my son, rebuking the demons that have control of him right now. (this was not the only incident of his anger, believe me, and not just with me, either) He has a problem with his anger and his "I will do unto you before you do unto me" attitude. I pray for him to find the peace of God within him and for the demons to leave him be. I pray it every day now, and I have forgiven him, knowing that the person who lashed out at me is not the true person he is on the inside. I pray for all my children now, to find peace and to find God, even though they fall into the other category of "once saved, always saved" and continue on with their lives... and my grandchildren who do not believe in God at all... just a mythical fairytale, as they say, continuing to live in sin and loving worldly things. I truly cherish your posts, MaryLu, as they always seem to touch on something I am dealing with at the time. I love this whole community where people are so encouraging and helpful with their words and deeds!! I cannot hardly wait for this all to be over and I can truly feel the love that God has for me, and not just know it in my heart. We all need hugs from time to time, and I want to feel His!! Take care, MaryLu and blessings to you and your family, as well. We all need it!! Thank you for being you!!

    PS: and today is my birthday, as well... I am 72 years old as of today. It is hard to even believe that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday, Kathy. I'm 10 years behind you but feel every year! Just think, we will all be young in heaven!!
      You could have described my own son with your words. I have been called many names, including told he's sorry I'm his mother. It's very painful. I'm sorry you have gone through that as well. It shocks me how some children feel they have a right to treat their parents, even if they get angry. 50 years ago, kids never disrespected their parents like today. But I suppose that's just a sign of the times.
      I understand your need for a hug, for love, for comfort, and I find it very enlightening how the Lord revealed to you that He is enough. The Lord has allowed nearly everyone in my life who cares about me to be taken away.. at least in part, and when I recently complained to him, he asked me if He wasn't enough? I think the Lord may be prompting us all to let go of people and things in this world and just cling to Him. Because He is more than enough!
      Keep praying for your son and others. God WILL ANSWER.. it may not be until the Tribulation.. but God answers and saves descendants! I believe that with all my heart. HUGS!

      Delete