Friday, December 24, 2021

Merry Christmas to all My Dear Friends!

 

Greetings Saints!
 
I'm skipping the bad news this Friday so we can all focus on the Lord Jesus and His Birth. Yes, I know He wasn't born in December (most likely on Tabernacles in the fall) and I know that December 25th is/was a pagan holiday celebrating the birth of a pagan god, which I won't go into here.  However, it's quite possible the Holy Spirit put Jesus inside Mary's womb in the month of December. Regardless, it's a matter of the heart and spirit that we celebrate our Lord's birth during this time of year. If our focus is on Jesus, I believe He is pleased. 
 
We are living in difficult times. We are living in the last days. But we also know that the Lord keeps watch over each and every one of us, protecting us from the encroaching evil. And that is all because of Jesus, who left the glory of rulership in heaven to become a little child, live in a human frail body, get rejected, spit on, hated, shunned, taunted, lied about, to be hungry, tired, and have no place to lay his head at night, only to be tortured beyond human endurance, and finally to die a death some say is the most painful ever invented. But that wasn't the end of the story. He rose again victorious, and for those of us who believe in, cling to, love Him and follow Him, we will live forever with Him in a paradise that defies human imagination. 
 
So, no matter your circumstances, we have MUCH to be thankful for this Christmas!  I pray you and your family have a joyous, peaceful and wonderful time. This could be our last Christmas on earth, so make it a good one and keep your eyes on Jesus! 
 
I wrote the following years ago and have posted it at Christmas often, but just in case you haven't read it, I think it will bless you.
 
For the first time in millennium, the throne room in Heaven grew silent. The Cherubim, Seraphim, the mighty warrior angels, and the heavenly chorus that surround Almighty God continually singing His praises closed their mouths in awe.

The four living creatures with six wings and four faces ceased moving and the wheels by their side grew still.  Lightning and thunder that roared beyond the throne halted its magnificent rumblings. All grew still as the Son of God rose from his seat beside the Father. With all eyes watching, He slipped off his royal robes and removed the crown from His head and laid them at His Father's feet, then leaned in to kiss Him on the cheek before taking the steps one by one down from the throne.

He stopped at the bottom for one last glance up at His Father. And the love that poured between them was so powerful, it brought the assembly of millions to their knees. Then turning, the Son skirted the glassy sea and started for the massive golden doors at the end of the hall. With each step He took, angels parted before him, laying delicate palm fronds of spun silver at his feet. He cast loving glances their way, but their eyes were downcast in reverence before Him, in awe, in astonishment at the sacrifice He made.

The crunch of his bare feet on the fronds echoed through the massive golden room as the Son, jaw tightening, eyes pooling, set his face like flint toward the doors now opening before Him. It took every ounce of His strength not to turn around and look once more upon His Father, not to run back into His arms and remain with Him forever. As it has always been. But love spurred Him on. A love so strong, it knew no bounds, no fear, no regret.

The Son halted at the door and peered into the darkness beyond. A blackness thick and heavy with evil and sickness and pain and rejection and sorrow. And death. Throwing back his shoulders, He took a deep breath and entered that darkness.

A single tear slipped down the Father's face as His Only Son became a man. 
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. That was beautiful Marylu! Thank you so much for sharing this!
    I was also hoping last Christmas would be our last Christmas here. But I remain hopeful and keep on looking up! For I know my hope and faith will be sight very, very soon. 🙂
    Merry Christmas my friend may you have a blessed Christmas with you and yours! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God Bless you, Barbara! I, too, hoped we'd be gone by now, but the Lord knows the perfect time. And it never matches with ours!! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Sister for sharing that deep vision of the sacrifice the Son Jesus made so we have eternal hope in Him. I just read it to Doug, we both have tears seeing such graphic meaning in our Lord's Birthday here in this fallen world. The Light that shines through the darkness to guide us home with Him. Now that's a Merry Christ Mas....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cillie, for being a good friend to me. It really is all about Jesus!! The light of the world, Prince of Peace, King of Kings!! Have a lovely Christmas!

      Delete
  3. MaryLu, having read your interpretation of Jesus leaving the Heavens to come to earth and all its evilness for the first time, I have tears in my eyes!! I have had a very strange week this week, endured a lot of pain myself that I have never had before in my life, and was led to Praise Jesus at every chance I had, which I did quite often. I do not know why I was led to praise the Lord, but I was. Sometimes the pain lessened some when I did that, and sometimes it did not. All I know is that I was told that enduring this extreme pain and praising Jesus in the midst of it, would bless me with treasures in Heaven for doing so. It is not treasures that I seek. It is Jesus himself, and nothing more. For him, I endure.

    Thank you MaryLu for your continued support and encouragement through these difficult times. I know He is coming soon, very soon, and I praise Him multiple times a day and night. I am constantly watching for his Blessed return!! Happy Holidays to you and yours... I hope to meet you and your family soon. You have been a treasure here on earth, and I cannot fathom going through all of this without you!! Blessings, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear of your pain! I experienced something similar over a week ago. EXTREME pain in my stomach that would not go away. All I could do was lay in bed and cry. I prayed and praised and kept going, just like you did, and praise God, the pain finally subsided. I couldn't understand why the lord didn't heal me because I had not eaten anything I shouldn't, but I got the impression it was a test to see how I would react and also to allow pain that would help me understand others when they were in pain. Anyway, thank you for your kind comments. Indeed, our King is coming, and when He does, we won't remember all the pain and heartache of this world. It's a huge blessing to me to know I've encouraged you! Just as all my friends here have encouraged me. We are a remnant of the Bride and I'm proud to be numbered among you.

      Delete
  4. Dear MaryLu, this is so very beautiful and visual! I like it much better than the similar themed poem I wrote years ago. You were so kind to post that, when you had this instead!

    Kathy, I read on other websites of people experiencing what you are. Attacks? The nature of our fallen world? Who knows, but we do know this: Jesus is still King and nothing, no suffering is wasted in Him. I completely agree that every opportunity we have to praise and thank Jesus in the midst of pain and suffering glorifies Him and stores up heavenly treasures. I confess I never know what to do with the whole rewards thing, but I truly believe the "works" that count are the very ones you describe. For how else do we demonstrate our love, than when it costs us something to do so.

    Cheryl, from a few posts ago, I want you to know I think of you and your little boy often. I pray God will make your Christmas especially blessed, regardless of family who don't want to be around us. My resistance son and family are in another state, so not gathering. The local extended family are all compliant, so we don't see them either. I know we aren't alone.

    Dear ones, may the love of our Lord and the sweetness of His presence fill your hearts and homes as we celebrate the One Who makes it all happen. Blessings, judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, Judi!! You are a blessing and an encouragement to us all! I'm sorry you won't have your family surrounding you this Christmas... I know many experiencing this, including myself with my own son and grandsons. But Jesus is more than enough! I have felt His presence today.. so loving and protective. I pray you have a very blessed Christmas!!

      Delete
  5. That was beautiful. Thank you for blessing me with your words. A very Merry Christmas to you. I pray it won't be much longer until we meet. Life gets harder every day now and more lonely. I asked God if people will know some day how they hurt me, and He said they will have to answer for what they did to His daughter. I find peace in knowing that and that He does consider me His daughter. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, those words from Jesus blessed me too! Today we struggle, we hurt, we fight, we stand with the help of Jesus, Tomorrow we see His face and He wipes away all our tears. Be blessed, Katy!

      Delete
  6. Thanks Marylu and the rest of you sisters for sharing your experiences. It blessed me to know that we are all in this together ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had a birthday and although it was good and we are seeing family for Christmas I am surprised to still be here. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Pam. I thought for sure it was this year... but the Lord is so patient, not wanting any to perish... He will not leave us here too long.. He will not allow the evil to overtake His Bride. :-)

      Delete
    2. Pastor Sandy said last week that 2021 really isn't over until this April on the Gregorian calendar. But no matter what I wait for my Lord when he deems it time. I trust him to provide for me and give me his peace. He made it painfully known to me this past week when I went back to CT for a few days that I am not go back. Only forward and up. It's taken me a few days to realign back with God since I returned. I'm so thankful for His love and compassion and direction. I actually was able to tell my family that if they want to really know me, to seek a relationship with Jesus, and they will find me there. Praise God for His help!

      Delete
    3. CT? T see family? Wow, Katy, I'm very impressed with what you said to your family. And so very true. I'm glad you have felt the Lord's comfort and love since you returned. It's hard to spend time with family who either don't know the Lord or who are lukewarm. I have that issue over here as well. I truly believe in my spirit we are out of here soon! So, we wait, watch, pray and worship until our Prince returns!

      Delete
  8. I have tears in my eyes! Love you dear sister. Thank you for standing with me in prayer.

    ReplyDelete