Monday, February 28, 2022

If You Don't want to be with Jesus above all else, You won't be Taken!

Forgive me in advance, for this post will be a bit of a rant. Over recent weeks, I've encountered a good number of Christians who have zero interest in the rapture, who say it's years away, who shout that "No Man Can Know the Day or Hour", and who deny we are anywhere near the end of days. I have even talked with family members who are preterists (they believe all the end times prophecies in the Bible have already been fulfilled). Then there's the Dominionists (also mostly preterists) who believe it's the Church's job to take over the world before Jesus returns.
 
Want to know one thing I find in common with all these people? 
 
They love this world. 
 
They have plans for their futures. They want to get married, see their kids married, have grandkids, buy homes, go on vacations, advance in their careers, etc. They have good plans for their future, and they surely aren't ready to go to heaven.  I've even had people say to me "I don't want Jesus to come yet. I want to see my kids have children. I want to raise my grandkids." 
 
These are all good things. But not if they come before your love for Jesus. Jesus is to be our first love above all else, above everything in this world. 
 
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15 
 
That's a tough Scripture. We are told to NOT love this world or anything in it. Why? Because this world is fallen, filled with wickedness and sin, and controlled by Satan. Does God give us good things to enjoy? Yes. But we should NEVER put them above Him.  
 
He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it. Matthew 10:37-39 
 
Another tough Scripture, but I don't think Jesus was kidding, do you?  We are not to love anything or anyone above Jesus. Is that because He's some kind of narcissistic God who needs worship? No! He's actually trying to save you! He knows that if you put anything above Him, you're likely to get entangled with the things of this world, which leads to more deception, more entanglement, and eventually hell. 
 
No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon. Matthew 6:24 
 
God gave His only Son to live in a fallen human body, endure all kinds of hatred, insults, and rejection, only to die one of the most horrific and painful deaths known to man, in order to save YOU. He has every right to require your utmost love and devotion. How sad it must make Him to see people who claim to know Him, but who would rather live for this world and all its pleasures than follow Him. 

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ Matthew 22:37

The problem lies in truly loving Jesus. We can say we love Him. But if we really don't want to be with Him yet, then do we? If we really and truly love Him above all else, we would want to be with Him above all else. And the rapture would be something we would crave and look forward to with great anticipation. 

If you don't love Jesus like that. If you aren't beyond excited to see Him. If the thought of the rapture makes you uneasy because you have plans, then I encourage you to check your heart. If you love this world and you don't want to go in the rapture, God is a gentleman. He will not take you. 

I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth Revelation 3:15-16

It doesn't matter what you believe about the rapture timing or prophecy, if you don't love the Lord with all your heart and desire more than anything to be with Him, you are in a dangerous place. For one thing, it leads to all sorts of deception and false doctrines, which I've seen in my own family. For another, it could get you left behind. 
 
If that is you, please get alone with the Lord and repent and ask Him to teach you how to love Him with all your heart. In my experience, the best way to do that is by spending time with Jesus, in conversation and in His Word. 

Time is short.



10 comments:

  1. Thank you Marylu for this very timely reminder. All your posts are very informative and helpful for the times we are in but the reminder helps us to remember that we are not part of this world. Yes care about others and yes pray for others but not at the exclusion of our love for Jesus. God bless you 🙏 Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word, MaryLu.
    Many, and I mean many - years ago, being younger back then, immature, and not 'strong in the Lord' ... I didn't want Jesus to return "too soon" either. Trying to "find happiness" in the world, in an endless chase.
    Through years of -- centering on my faith, loving and trying to live for the Lord, growing in His Word, and learning to realize just HOW MUCH He loves me (and all) ...
    All I want now, is to spend Eternity with Him in Heaven. I want to be with Him. I keep looking UP, and keeping my eyes fixed on the Unseen and the Eternal.
    Absolutely NOTHING this world offers is -- real, true, or lasting. It is all deception and lies.
    ONLY what our Lord offers is "real, true, and everlasting"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way, Brenda... foolishly thinking I could find any lasting joy in this world, but I can honestly say that nothing in this world satisfies like Jesus, like knowing Him and loving Him! And I've tried it all. All I want is to see Him and look into His eyes, and fall into His embrace! Soon!

      Delete
  3. Great word, MaryLu.
    Many, and I mean many - years ago, being younger back then, immature, and not 'strong in the Lord' ... I didn't want Jesus to return "too soon" either. Trying to "find happiness" in the world, in an endless chase.
    Through years of -- centering on my faith, loving and trying to live for the Lord, growing in His Word, and learning to realize just HOW MUCH He loves me (and all) ...
    All I want now, is to spend Eternity with Him in Heaven. I want to be with Him. I keep looking UP, and keeping my eyes fixed on the Unseen and the Eternal.
    Absolutely NOTHING this world offers is -- real, true, or lasting. It is all deception and lies.
    ONLY what our Lord offers is "real, true, and everlasting"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "God is a gentleman. He will not take you." Love that!!!!! But seriously, I don't know about anyone else, but I have to think God is doing the same thing in other people's lives that He has been doing in mine, and they are just ignoring it. I really can't claim that I have sought Him. Most days I have to remind myself to read my Bible. And yet, I am closer to Him than I ever have been in my life. But it's all Him and His doing. I look back to the Year 2015 when my second book was up for a Rita award, and I fully believed that God was going to give it to me. I didn't win that night. Nora Roberts won, but I digress. The point is, He woke me up that night and reminded me of why I was writing. It had nothing to do with awards. Since that time, I let Him take the lead, and I don't regret it at all. He has drawn me closer to Him and kept my attention on Him to the point that He is the only thing I crave. He has even let me walk away from my home with all of my things and be okay with that. I have unloaded everything and live very simple now. I could walk out of this home that He has given me and leave everything behind again without a second thought. Nothing in this world has a hold of me anymore. There is only one thing that I would like to take with me that I had to leave back in Connecticut. And that is my cat. I miss her so much. I pray that God will let me have her soon. I know it's silly and if it's a no that's okay, but if there is any way, I would be so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Lord pursues us, Katy, but we have to love Him and be willing to respond, which you obviously have! Being a writer, I appreciated your story. It's easy to get caught up in the hype and awards. The Lord dealt with me in a similar way.. reminding me all the stories He gives me are to glorify Him and bring others to Him! I'm so sorry you have lost everything. I am praying that the Lord will somehow get your cat to you. If not, you'll see her in heaven. I believe that!

      Delete
  5. I don't get these Christians who say we are a long way from the Rapture? Don't they even see what is going on now?? I believe you are right, their desire for this world us more than their desire to be with Christ. I get it to want to see your kids grow up, etc. But Heaven, for those who are in Christ, is going to be so much better than here, more than we can imagine! I longing more and more for Heaven as each day passes. Come quickly Lord Jesus!! Blessings to you Marylu!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the signs, it truly blows my mind, too, why Christians can't see. I don't think any of us have any idea how wonderful heaven is going to be! Can't wait! Blessings!

      Delete
  6. Amen Amen come Lord, come quickly!

    ReplyDelete