Monday, September 5, 2022

He Will Hide You In His Pavilion!


Two Words I'm hearing from the Lord recently: Faith and Patience
 
Remember when I said we were in the Eye of the Storm? I believe we are about to leave the Eye and enter the other side of the storm, and it will be much worse than the first side. But God...

I recently contacted my favorite pastor online and the Lord gave him a vision of me. I was standing at a sapphire glowing window looking out into a green grassy field where several sheep were cowering together, frightened. The Shepherd was there with His Rod, a prayer shawl covering his head, standing in the midst of them, but they didn't see Him.  The pastor said other things but I'll stop there. I believe what the Lord wants me to share is that He is with you!! He is standing with you, guarding you with His Rod, protecting you, praying for you, interceding for you to the Father. A rod in the Bible represents authority, power, and judgement. In other words, the King of Kings watches over you, so don't be afraid!
 
 This past week, the Lord led me to read Psalm 27, and I think you'll see why below. I listed it out with a few comments, but it is worth reading and thanking the Lord for these promises of His to protect us.

The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
 
(If you truly believe God is who He says, then you should never be afraid)
 
When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.

Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.

(War may indeed be coming, but we are not to fear even if we face an army)

One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.
 
(Do you feel this way? Is this your heart's desire, to be with the Lord? If so, then you can claim the next verses)

For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.

(Yet another reference to our soon rescue from this evil world!)

And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the Lord will take care of me.

(How often I have felt this way, crying out to God, praying for forgiveness and asking for his help! And He always answers!)
 
Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.

(Before we leave, we may see some persecution of Christians, people telling lies about us and wanting to kill us. But don't lose heart!)

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!
 
(We are to be patient for His return. We are to wait on Him. Why is He delaying? He has some of your brothers and sisters He needs to save first. How can we not be patient when souls are at stake?)
 
So, remember who you are!  You are children of the Most High, and He has warrior angels protecting you. He already knows what is coming and He's already preparing to take care of you. And just before things start to get REALLY bad, He'll come snatch you away to His tabernacle! So, be of good cheer! 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. Very encouraging. What keeps me from not being in fear is I know that God is Sovereign, in control, and still on His throne. Nothing that is going on now is a surprise to Him. So I lean on Him, keep my focus on Him instead of what is going on around me. I'm fervently praying for my list loved ones to accept Jesus' s free gift of salvation before it is too late. At the same time, I do pray that Jesus will take us out of here sooner rather than later.
    I hope you have a good Labor Day and a blessed week Marylu!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Barbara.. God is even in control of our enemy. He knows his every step and has a plan to defeat him! I, too, spend much time praying for the lost in my family and the world. That's all that's really important now. Blessings to you and yours!

      Delete
  2. Thank you! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen MaryLu, What an awesome word of faith in the promises of our Righteous One ! Oh Yeah, just want to bathe in this stuff ! This is the Truth of God when we speak His word without all our opinions covering it over. I recently saw a quote " The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion ! I love the script from Romans and quote it often as with these verses from Psalm 27. They are the source of our strength, our hope and our faith !!! David really nailed it at times ! No wonder why God loved him. He didnt try to hide his short comings but was quick to confess and believe that God loved him in spite of his weaknesses ! Love it.
    You know me MaryLu, I love dreams and visions. Sometimes when I'm getting ready for bed I will ask the Lord to give me dreams and visions of His glory. I would love to hear the whole vision the Pastor spoke over you !
    Blessings mighty warrior Sister in Christ our King !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, just love it when I hear from the Lord directly! A personal word. It makes me feel so loved and yet humbled that the Creator would even notice me! Love that quote.. Actions do speak much louder than words.! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  4. What a blessing to hear from the Lord with such a beautiful image. Thank you for sharing. I woke this morning feeling kind of distant from the Lord, but your post has rejuvenated me. He hasn't left me. He's standing over me and protecting me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, that happens to me often. Our enemy wants to prey on our emotions.. making us feel the Lord is disappointed in us and is not with us.. but whenever I start to praise Him or go read His Word.. that feeling leaves, for it is only a feeling and not truth. I'm so glad this post blessed you!!

      Delete