Monday, January 2, 2023

Word for 2023: Choose This Day Whom You will Serve

 
Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24:14-15
 
There is an urgency in the Spirit these days. Can you feel it? The end of the age is fast approaching, and the Lord is about to judge this evil world. But first, He must judge the church. 
 
Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter.
For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? Now, if the righteous one is scarcely saved, Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?

1 Peter 4:16-18 
 
I know most of you who follow me here are committed Christians, but let me just say this. The time has come and is here for people to stop playing church, for people to get serious about God and their relationship with Jesus. We, in the USA, and many Western nations have had it so easy for far too long. Our churches have been infiltrated with Free Masons and false Gospels that have led people into believing in a grace of God that doesn't require any sacrifice, a grace that covers willful disobedience and a lukewarm attitude toward our Lord. We love our potlucks, Bible studies, conferences and entertaining worship shows, but what would we do if we actually had to sacrifice something for Jesus?
 
Soon, and I believe it will be this year, the Lord will judge the church and people will be forced to take a side. Are you ALL IN for Jesus, or are you just looking to have your ticket to heaven punched?  I'm sure you've all heard the story where a gunman walks into a church and threatens to shoot anyone professing the name of Jesus and orders the rest to leave. After 90% of the church dash out, the gunman lowers his gun and says. "Here are the real Christians."
 
God isn't kidding. His gift of salvation is FREE for all to receive it, but he requires love and obedience in return... not to earn salvation, but to maintain it... He wants a relationship with you! Jesus didn't suffer and die a horrible death so you could say a prayer and then put him on the back burner of your life. Or worse, dive back into your old, sinful ways. You must bear fruit worthy of repentance!

It is a fearful and terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God incurring His judgment and wrath Hebrews 10:31 
 
For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her mire."
2 Peter 2:20-22
 
I believe many Christians may be facing a serious choice this year. We all (including myself) need to sit down and really settle this question in our hearts. What would you do if they ordered you to deny Jesus in order to keep your job, buy food, or go anywhere? Stop and really think about that, especially those of you with families. What would you do? Is your faith strong enough to withstand that pressure? My guess is that 90% of church goers would fail.  Remember they've already tested this with the masks, quarantines, and vaccines. They know many people will capitulate. And when all money becomes digital, they will have the ability to cut you off whenever they want.
 
I'm not saying it will come to that before the rapture, but God is sifting the wheat from the tares. He will test your love and faithfulness to Him and He can only do that by offering you a choice. Who do you trust? Who will you serve?  
 
Most of us have never faced such a difficult choice, but I believe a choice is coming. Jesus wants a bride who loves Him so much, we would die for Him.  He wants His Bride to go out in a blaze of glory! 
 
Trouble is coming in 2023, but we are not to fear. But we must settle in our minds to be ALL IN for Jesus or give into the world system. That choice will either get you raptured or leave you here during the Tribulation (Both which are coming soon) 
 
I'll leave you with some encouragement from the Lord!
 
the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trial, and how to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment, 2 Peter 2:9 
 
Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown  
Revelation 3:10-11 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Very well put, MaryLu! Praying for you and yours as well as mine as truly, the days are evil and time is running out. Be blessed my dear sister and thank you for this encouraging word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan!! Yes, time is short and we all need to be about our Father's business! He is our strength!

      Delete
  2. Hi there Sis❤️ All so true. Watched Pastor Brandon from Bakersfield yesterday with his prophecy update on the circus circus Laodicean church. It was horrifying to see what the mega churches are doing inside the building. It's all about entertainment to make more money and unfortunately they're entertainment is so ungodly. It made me cry to see what's going on out there. I just don't know how God can hold back His Wrath and judgment. Those churches look like Sodom and Gomorrah with their light shows and immoral movements. Some of them were worshiping Santa instead of the Christ child and not even talking about Jesus on Christmas Day such blasphemy. Anyhow I'm still kicking up here in Sonora. Wanted to touch base with you and let you know we're okay and watching this unfold with our jaws hanging down to our knees. I've been trying to spend as much time as I can in the Word. I have about 45 new book pages I need to type up and get into my books. Also have been spending time sending cards and book pages to people to help encourage them. I need to catch up on your posts and I always love how you're just such an encouraging affirmation to everything that I'm seeing. Boy would we get earful if we ever sat down and talked about it all. LOL I think we know way too much what's going on. 😳😳😳 But that's okay, I'd rather see the truck coming down the road then be standing with my back turn to it and get plowed over. Much love and prayers to you MaryLu and your family. A sister forever in Christ, Cillie πŸ™πŸ•Š️πŸŽΊπŸ†™✝️πŸ‘‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to hear from you, Sister. It's hard to witness how far the church has fallen, isn't it? Some of the things I've seen make me sick to my stomach. I hurt for the Lord. Glad you are staying in the Word. That's so important in these days of great deception. I would love to sit down and chat with you!! Someday in heaven... soon, I hope! Love and hugs!

      Delete
  3. Well, Today since I have covid yet again I am afforded the time to sit and read for a while. I am starting to feel better Sis. I made some Spiced Tea and talk about sweat it out... I will overcome this awful stuff.

    I hope that all who come here realize that though we are Christians for the most part that the trials and temptations are very real. I have had to deal with some even this past week before getting sick, where I had to be firm and just say NO, I am not going to do this or that and that is just how it is... I literally explained, that I love this person and that wouldn't change, but also spoke the word to them and just said I have to take time to step back and keep my head and my heart straight, so that I don't get messed up badly. Thank you Jesus for the strength to do that with this person. So often we find it hard to say no to those we love and yet we really need to consider things were involved in and get free of things we need to just say NO to.

    I literally hated to say no to this person because I love them dearly, but I knew if I didn't there would in the end " Be Hell to Pay ". I hated saying no as this person is trying so hard to be good to me. It is like no matter what I say to this person , they are like, its ok, its all good... I'm here for you no matter what... I love you... All the right words and good intent, but I have to wonder are they truly listening to what I am saying about God and Salvation.

    Sometimes, though it hurts us, we need to distance ourselves from others who may indeed love us and want to help us... to stay free from their lifestyle, their sins and their entanglements.

    I for one do not want to return to my sins of the past and want to walk straight onto glory with a clear head and heart. Though God's Grace does cover willful sinning, I want to stay as far from that as I can in my life.

    Having to make the choice isn't always easy, even sharing the truth with them isn't always easy. There are times I wish we had already moved to the country and were more secluded than in this Apt in town . I just feel it would be more soothing to my heart and allow me time to reflect and not have to deal with others unless I actually came out and was going to talk to someone.

    Blessings
    Linda Marie
    Faithful Acres Books & Author Services

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, you know I'm praying for your illness and your kids. And you are right, being a follower of Jesus does not mean our lives will be easy. Often, quite the opposite. I'm not sure who you are talking about, but I'll PM you later. I'm also thrilled you want to keep yourself free from sin and the pollutions of this world! Your reward will be great. I do take issue with one comment. God's grace does NOT cover Willful Sinning. We must repent and do our best to not sin. Hebrews 10:26 says "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," Countles other Scriptures agree with this. Anyway, sending prayers and hugs!!

      Delete
  4. The photo you chose reminded me of this poem

    The Road Not Taken

    BY ROBERT FROST

    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;

    Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same,

    And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.

    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete