Monday, February 6, 2023

Beware! Are you following the Right Jesus?

 
Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.  Matthew 24:4-5 

This is something the Lord has been impressing upon me for quite some time.  It's a difficult and sensitive topic, but I implore you to open your spiritual ears because this is a definite warning in these last days.
 
I always thought the phrase "In my name" in the Scripture above meant people would come saying they were Jesus or saying they were the Jewish Messiah, etc..  and we've certainly seen that happen a lot over the years. However, "In my name" means much more than just people who claim to be Jesus. It means anyone coming in the authority of Jesus. It could therefore be a pastor or prophet or even a "Jesus" worshiped by various denominations or cults. 
 
Let me give you a few obvious examples
 
Islam believes in Jesus. Did you know that? Yes. However, they believe he was a mere prophet and not the son of God. Neither was he crucified for anyone's sins. So, this is not the real Jesus
 
Mormons. The Mormons believe in Jesus. But their Jesus was Lucifer's brother, the offspring of God and one of His wives. It gets much worse than this, but I'll leave it at that. It's also important to mention that the Mormons have their own Bible and additional Scriptures called The Book of Mormon. The Mormon Jesus is not the real Jesus.  (As an added caution, be aware that The Chosen is produced and partially written by Mormons AND that Dallas Jenkins believes the Mormon Jesus is the same as the real Jesus)

Jehovah's Witnesses: They believe Jesus is God's son but inferior to God. He was the first of God's creations but he rose from the dead as an immortal spirit and not God. They also believe only 144,000 actually make it to heaven, hell isn't real, and the Trinity is a false doctrine. They have their own Scriptures too. The Jehovah Witnesses Jesus is not the real Jesus

Now things get a little tricky because I would say that most modern denominations are not worshiping the True Jesus. 

You are NOT worshiping the true Jesus IF

Your Jesus accepts homosexuals, transgenders, and other sexual deviants into the church as members and even as leaders. This is not the Jesus of the Bible

Your Jesus says that you are saved by grace and faith alone and that after you "receive and believe" Jesus, you can live anyway you want, and sin as much as you want. This is not the Jesus of the Bible

Your Jesus allows willful sin into the church in any form. Examples include couples living together outside of marriage, liars, thieves, gossipers, child molesters, etc.  The Bible is clear about clearing out the sin in the church so it doesn't infect the entire group. This is not the Jesus of the Bible

Your Jesus says that you have to follow a set of rules in order to work your way to heaven or earn your salvation. This is not the Jesus of the Bible.

Your Jesus is only here to give you an abundant life here on earth filled with health, wealth and happiness. This is not the Jesus of the Bible.
 
Your Jesus tells you that miracles and Spiritual gifts seen in the book of Acts ended with the apostles and no longer operate today. This is not the Jesus of the Bible
 
Your Jesus tells you that you are chosen and have no choice in your salvation so you can live anyway you want and not evangelize. This is not the Jesus of the Bible

Your Jesus gets too involved with politics and gives medical advice. Our Lord could care less about the governments of the world. They are all passing away. Yes, He wants us to vote if we have that right, but to get overly involved, especially when it takes up time you could be spending with Him, not good. And stay away from any pastor or church that pushes any vaccines!  This is not the Jesus of the Bible

Your Jesus tells you that the church must take over the world, the 7 mountains of Education, Religion, Family, Business, Government, Military, Arts/Media before He returns. This is not the Jesus of the Bible.
 
Your Jesus tells you that it's not important to study end times or watch for His coming because no one knows the day or the hour. This is not the Jesus of the Bible. 
 
Your Jesus tells you that the Book of Revelation either has already happened or is purely allegorical. This is not the Jesus of the Bible. In fact, this could be a very very dangerous belief as seen below. 

 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll. Revelation 22:18-19

It seems to me that saying Revelation has already happened or it is only allegorical is actually TAKING AWAY the words in the Book. People who do this need to be extremely careful. 

I realize that we all have different interpretations of the Scriptures. Many are minor theological differences and have no real importance on the true message of the Bible. Things like pre or post tribulation rapture or even whether hell is eternal or not, these things don't affect which Jesus we are following.  However, I truly sense the Lord is issuing a strong and urgent warning for the various "Jesus's" I mentioned above. 

You may think you are worshiping the true Jesus, when in reality you are worshiping a false Christ, which puts you in a very precarious situation. The ONLY way to ensure you are worshiping the real Jesus is to get to know Him both through His Word and through time spent with Him. Only then, will you be able to spot churches or groups who worship the wrong Jesus, and get as far away from them as possible.
 
We must know our Scriptures!  I can't emphasize that enough. 
I hope this post has been helpful to you. If you know someone caught in a false church or belief, please send it to them. I am praying for so many to wake up in these last days!
 
If you can think of some I missed, please let me know!
 
Blessings!
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. I’m happy to say I AM worshipping the right Jesus!
    I am glad you mentioned “ The Chosen”. I have watched it, but had a “ feeling” about it and difficulty with the “extra” stories in the lives of the disciples- it’s FICTION! Some people just believe it’s ALL true. I guess it just boils down to people wanting to be entertained.
    By the way, I am enjoying When Angels Rejoice” and savoring it as slowly as possible. One question- do you think the Bible means the Holy Spirit will be removed during the tribulation when it says the church won’t endure the time of trouble? The main character in your book seems to get discernment from God the Father but not the Spirit- is that right? Thanks for the encouragement!
    Bev H

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you are worshiping the right Jesus, Bev!! Yeah. I could say more about The Chosen. If you pay close attention to the dialogue, there are some questionable things said that don't align with Scripture. To answer your question, I don't believe the Holy Spirit is completely gone during the Tribulation.. otherwise, how could anyone get saved? It's the work of the Holy Spirit in a person's heart that brings them to salvation. Also the miracles, etc, that the characters do are only possible by the Holy Spirit. We know many will get saved during the Tribulation so the Holy Spirit has to be present in some capacity. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I have read more of your book I now see the Holy Spirit mentioned. That makes sense to me that He would be available during the tribulation since we need Him to be saved!

      Delete
  3. I've enjoyed what I have seen of The Chosen but with a wary eye. I particularly love the depiction of the human disciples, however, the depiction of Jesus is not accurate. It saddens me to see the true Jesus portrayed as someone who doubts his words. Scripture tells us that he told Peter when he doubted, "Get behind me, Satan." Jesus did not worry about anything he taught. He spoke with authority. I don't always see that in this show.

    But, yes, there are many different portrayals of Jesus in this day and age. Many tickle the ear and don't convict sin. Jesus ate with sinners, not to accept them but to lead them into repentance. Mark 16:17 tells us that true believers will cast out demons. I believe this doesn't mean we walk screaming at demons to get out. It means we lead people to repentance and a life given to Jesus, so that the demons will flee all on their own. Because Jesus is the one with the authority to send them packing. With the true Jesus in us, Satan cowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've enjoyed The Chosen too, but I couldn't agree more about your assessment of Jesus. They have made him fallible.. questioning.. which He was NOT! He even asked Matthew for help writing the Beatitudes! Give me a break. Also yes, when my husband first got saved, I had no need to cast any demons out of him... they flew out... often at night with a terrifying scream!

      Delete
  4. Great Word, Sis! 🙏✝️🙏 It's funny the Lord has been leading me further into His Word and worship more than anything right now. Like your last blog mentioned, I'm walking in the Garden with Him, like Adam and Eve because that's who we were meant to be. Whenever I walk away from that I feel out of sorts. I started to watch The Chosen and I just absolutely had a bad feeling about it, so decided not to watch it at all.
    I don't know what they're doing to your skies today, but they are hitting us so heavy. A friend of mine in Vacaville said yesterday they covered their sky so fast and then it turned a really dirty brown, like a smog. Ours has some kind of silvery glare to it and it's almost blinding to look outside. One of my monitor cameras looking into the sun it was just this big ugly black ball. Everything is just really ramping up quick. I saw in Nebraska where a Democrat politician was trying to get a law passed to make it illegal for people to take their children to vacation Bible School, that it is manipulating these young children's minds!😳 it's just seems to get bigger and worse every day.
    Also what happened in Turkey and Syria yesterday has just left my heart broken for those people. I can't imagine the survivors and it's so cold there and they have no facilities to help them hardly. 😢 And all I can say is please come fast Jesus.
    Another thought I had about the Holy Spirit, when Jesus pulls the Restrainer out, I'm thinking it's all of us that have been praying against what Satan has been trying to do here and when we're pulled out, there goes a ton of prayer that we've been fighting against this evil. I agree the Holy Spirit has to stay here because there will be so many people saved after we are gone that recognize what's happening.
    After Hollywood's satanic Grammy debacle, I have to wonder if this coming super bowl on Sunday if something big isn't going to happen. Because they've been getting more satanic every year and with the Grammys right out in the open like that, Sunday may be an interesting day here if not sooner. So much evil just oozing out of the woodwork. Anyhow, I'll be seeing you real soon, cuz this is not our home! ⬆️🆙🔜🎺👑🙏Our King is coming for us. Maranatha, Cillie ❤️🙏❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Word, Sis! 🙏✝️🙏 It's funny the Lord has been leading me further into His Word and worship more than anything right now. Like your last blog mentioned, I'm walking in the Garden with Him, like Adam and Eve because that's who we were meant to be. Whenever I walk away from that I feel out of sorts. I started to watch The Chosen and I just absolutely had a bad feeling about it, so decided not to watch it at all.
    I don't know what they're doing to your skies today, but they are hitting us so heavy. A friend of mine in Vacaville said yesterday they covered their sky so fast and then it turned a really dirty brown, like a smog. Ours has some kind of silvery glare to it and it's almost blinding to look outside. One of my monitor cameras looking into the sun it was just this big ugly black ball. Everything is just really ramping up quick. I saw in Nebraska where a Democrat politician was trying to get a law passed to make it illegal for people to take their children to vacation Bible School, that it is manipulating these young children's minds!😳 it's just seems to get bigger and worse every day.
    Also what happened in Turkey and Syria yesterday has just left my heart broken for those people. I can't imagine the survivors and it's so cold there and they have no facilities to help them hardly. 😢 And all I can say is please come fast Jesus.
    Another thought I had about the Holy Spirit, when Jesus pulls the Restrainer out, I'm thinking it's all of us that have been praying against what Satan has been trying to do here and when we're pulled out, there goes a ton of prayer that we've been fighting against this evil. I agree the Holy Spirit has to stay here because there will be so many people saved after we are gone that recognize what's happening.
    After Hollywood's satanic Grammy debacle, I have to wonder if this coming super bowl on Sunday if something big isn't going to happen. Because they've been getting more satanic every year and with the Grammys right out in the open like that, Sunday may be an interesting day here if not sooner. So much evil just oozing out of the woodwork. Anyhow, I'll be seeing you real soon, cuz this is not our home! ⬆️🆙🔜🎺👑🙏Our King is coming for us. Maranatha, Cillie ❤️🙏❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis, there are people saying they've had words about the Superbowl... so we keep our eyes open. This country is turning toward Satan faster than any of us could have imagined.. and yes, like you said, when the Bride gets pulled out, who is left to pray and hold back the darkness.? It will be hell on earth. I pray for the Lost everyday.. but I also pray for the Lord to come soon!

      Delete
  6. Greetings in Christ MaryLu, I found myself physically shaking my head up and down in agreement with every line I read. So when I come here to make a comment, all I can say is; Amen, Amen, and Amen !

    You are truly a gift from God

    ReplyDelete