Monday, April 10, 2023

How to determine if you are a True Disciple of Jesus or Not.

 
If you are a disciple of Jesus Christ, you were not born into this world to be "happy," or to live "the good life." That's a lie that has been propagated here in America as "the American Dream" as well as across the globe in the lukewarm church. If you are a true disciple of Jesus Christ, you were born into this world to do battle against the evil world system, and to suffer for doing so. You were born into this world to find Jesus and help others find Him too! That's it. Nothing more. You potentially have 80 or so years to do so, and what you do here determines where you spend eternity. What we are promised is "comfort", and the strength to endure the suffering from being attacked by the enemy.
 
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our affliction, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound to us, even so our comfort also abounds through Christ. (2 Corinthians 1:3-5)
 
Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law– a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.

    Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
– Jesus (Matthew 10:34-38)
 
In this world you will have trouble...
 
    We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death.   But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us.  On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us. (2 Corinthians chapter 1) 
 
Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.   Matthew 7:13-14
 
Jesus said that the way is narrow that leads to eternal life. He said that not many find it. He said to take up your cross and follow him. Whoever wants to be His Disciple must deny themselves and follow Him.. His life was a hard, difficult one that ended in torture and death.

    Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:33)
 
Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to be My disciple, let him deny himself [disregard, lose sight of, and forget himself and his own interests] and take up his cross and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying, also]. Matthew 16:24
 
We are now coming upon the days and are now in them when the true disciples of Jesus Christ will become clearly evident. The separation of the wheat and the tares has begun and will culminate in the rapture itself. What will you do when things get tough? When all you hold dear is taken from you? We don't know what we will see before we leave, but one thing we must remember, the enemy fears us. Why? because we have access to a power that the enemy cannot match! I implore you now more than anything to learn who you are in Christ, the power you possess through the Holy Spirit. Grow your faith in these last days so you will shine brightly when trouble comes. And it is coming. Fast.

We are willing to die for the cause, to stand for the Truth. We do not fear death, so the enemy has no leverage over us. Get ready for the storms, because they are coming. The United States has become the most evil country on the face of the planet, and judgment is imminent.

Beware of the false prophets, who are proliferating today, just as they were during the days of Isaiah and Jeremiah, preaching “peace and prosperity,” right before their societies were destroyed.

I don't know about you, but lately the Lord has been stripping away anything in my life that has any competition with my love for Him.. including family, career, personal achievements. Allow Him to do so in your life. He's getting you ready for the Rapture! Remember, the Bride must be without spot or blemish. 
 
So, how do you tell a True Disciple of Jesus? It's one who has suffered in this world and yet still adores and loves Jesus as first in their life. It is the person who has denied themselves the pleasures of this world in exchange for serving the King of Kings. It is the person who finds no joy in this place, but rather feels like an alien here and longs to be taken out of this world and  brought into the presence of the One they Love! It is the person who would gladly give up everything to follow Jesus. Sound harsh? Sound like too much to give up? Remember what Jesus gave up for you!!  
 

11 comments:

  1. Thank you! This was encouraging. May you be blessed as you are a blessing to so many

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It came from the Lord and it blessed me too.

      Delete
  2. This post has really hit home for me. I feel like the only person I know (except few other family members) that will not accept this “new” and horrible world we live in as okay and normal. The transgender and gay movement is warping the minds of people everywhere. The most scary, bone chilling thing to me is all the “so called” Christians that have spoken to me and have called me a bigot and a hater because I think that this is evil and that I point out in scripture where is says it’s evil. They don’t understand why I just don’t go about my day and shut my mouth. (They’ve actually said this to me). I cannot fathom calling yourself a follower of Jesus and being a supporter of this evil. Other than a few blessings that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with, I am finding myself very miserable in this world. I have been noticing it for a while now. I am so glad that you posted this today. It has blessed me more than you know. God is simply preparing me to let go of this temporary place and to get ready for my true, everlasting home. I cannot wait! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! There's a Scripture.. I think in Peter. I need to find it that speaks of the prophets of old and the people who truly loved God.. how they walked around in rags and lived in huts and how the world hated them... that they were NOT worthy of this world, but they knew they were strangers here.. aliens..and were journeying to their heavenly home! Remember Jesus said that those who are at the bottom will one day be at the top and visa versa. I'm sorry about your "Christian" friends. Ignore them and pray for them. They are playing with fire, literally. Yes, the Lord, in His great mercy and grace, is preparing us to come home to Him! Welcome it and embrace it and cling to Him like never before! Hugs!!

      Delete
    2. 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were killed with the sword. They went about in skins of sheep and goats, destitute, afflicted, mistreated-
      38 of whom the world was not worthy-wandering about in deserts and mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. (Hebrews 11:37, ESV)

      Delete
    3. The world was not worthy of them!

      Delete
  3. This is so timely. Someone said today online that all we have to do is love people. That's the only commandment that Jesus gave us. That he's not going to ask us about the transgender down the street. He's only going to be worried about our own sin. And I just can't fully agree with that. I know that we are expected to share Jesus's love with all people but that includes letting people know our love comes from Jesus. Otherwise we're no different than the rotary club loving or helping everyone. I think people use this command to love one another as an excuse for not sharing about Jesus. Jesus also said go and make disciples. Go and tell the gospel to the far reaches of the world. People want to just stop at love one another. It's easy. You won't get persecuted for loving people. But I do believe you're going to have to answer God when He says who did you tell about my son? This doesn't mean that we stand on the street corners and evangelize to every single person we meet. But it does mean when we do love, people know why we're doing it. We are not to hide the fact that we are loving people from the love that God gave us first in His Son. In fact, if we are really a true believer and follower of Jesus Christ, people will know just by being in our presence. They will know by how we carry ourselves each day. They will know how we do business differently than other people. They will know because we give all credit to our Savior Jesus. Even when it's uncomfortable and not acceptable to do so. So once again, thank you for this post. It was exactly what I needed to read today. God is dividing us and showing us who is really one of His and who is not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Katy! So many Christians are just saying we should love everyone..for God is love.... and yes, we should.. but what is love? Is it accepting a homosexual or transgender without telling them that if they don't repent and change they are going to hell? True love is warning someone of the danger they are in! Not "accepting" them in love. That's fake love and not God's love at all. And yes, what is the point of loving people if we don't tell them about Jesus? That's not love either. If a person is running fast off a cliff, is it love to just wave and smile and say "I love you!' or is true love warning them, shouting and pointing at the cliff? I'm so sick of these namby pamby Christians who profess God's love but it's only an excuse for them not to confront anyone about their eternity. They are cowards and people pleasers! And they will answer to God for this.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Katy, This was exactly what I needed to hear too. The script you quote Luke 14:33 caught me up short, Any one who does not give up "everything". I know the script well, but I must confess before Christ, I dont always live it ! So thanks for the shove MaryLu.
    And I also feel a stripping away. When the Lord pulled me out of the church I was in, I guess I expected my family to follow. But that didnt happen. And it breaks my heart when they say things like " well pastor say's this or that". Do not like being over ridden in my own house ! Very hard to deal with.
    And yes MaryLu, the churches do not like it when you speak the truth to someone veering off the road. That makes lovey face Olsteen all kinds of revenue nervous.
    There is a script I like about knowing what to say to each individual. Coll 4:5Act wisely toward outsiders, redeeming the time. 6Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. And Jude 1:22And indeed, have mercy on those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; and to still others show mercy tempered with fear, hating even the clothing stained by the flesh.
    We dont like to use the word fear. Yet the fear of the Lord is the beginning
    of knowledge.
    Good reminder that we have power from on high that makes the devil tremble.
    May the power of All Mighty God go before you to make a straight path !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry for your situation at home, Joe. I understand. I have a similar one here with my family. It is really a lonely road at times. Love that verse from Jude... "snatching them from the fire!" That is our job right now... before we leave.. to get as many as we can. Blessings and prayers to you, Joe!

      Delete