Monday, January 15, 2024

It's Time to Walk with God in Trust and Faith!

 

  Have you ever loved someone more than your own life?  If you are a parent or grandparent, then you probably can say an immediate yes to that question. I must say that I never really knew what real love was until I became a mother. Yet for those of you who aren't parents, I'm sure there is a person in your life or a person who has been in your life who you would gladly die for.  
 
I ask you to picture a person you love like this in your mind. Got a picture? Ah, I see that smile on your face!  Now, put yourself in the position of authority and power over this person, not in a harsh commanding way, but as a parent, as someone who takes care of this person and loves this person. Picture yourself as the King or Queen of a realm and this person is your daughter or son. You love them so much. You would do anything for them, for their good, for them to be healthy, be physically strong, emotionally strong and spiritually strong. Your sole purpose is to nurture and guide and love and protect this person until they can inherit your kingdom.  They are always in your thoughts, always at the forefront of your decisions and actions, wanting everything good for them in all ways at all times. You are even willing to die for them if that's what it took for them to inherit all things! 
 
Now picture you sitting on your throne, conducting kingdom business and you look up and see your son or daughter hesitating at one of the doorways, looking anxious and unsure.  You can't figure out why because you love them and always look forward to seeing them. Immediately you dismiss whatever steward you were talking with, whoever else was looking for your attention, and you gesture for your daughter to come forth. Of course you would do that! Nothing is more important than your little girl!  (or son) Right? Everyone in the throne room backs away as your child approaches the throne. They know that the king's child gets precedence over everything!  
 
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
 
Father God loves you like this! He longs to have you come into the throne room and lay you concerns, dreams, heartaches, problems and requests at His feet!!  Wouldn't you do the same for your own son or daughter? For this person you love so much? Would you want them to stand off and be afraid to ask you for help or for something they needed? No way! Is human love any greater than God's love? I believe it is much less than God's love!  
 
So many of us know in our heads that God loves us but we have a hard time truly believing it in our hearts. Maybe we had bad parents or a difficult childhood or people have let us down and rejected us. God is nothing like that! He adores you!!  As soon as you get on your knees and start praying, He excuses everyone around Him, all the angels and other attendees around His throne and He beckons you forward with a huge smile on His face!  His full attention is on you and your needs and His desire for you to grow up to be a joyful, strong, productive Son or Daughter. 
 
Can you imagine how it pains Him when we come to Him groveling at His feet, begging Him for things He has already gladly provided, not believing that He truly will help us or that He will answer our prayers? We kind of hope He will, but we aren't sure.  I know as a parent if one of my children came to me doubting my love and doubting whether I would help them, it would hurt me. Let's say, for example, that you bought a car for your son or a prom dress for your daughter. The car is in the driveway with the keys in the ignition and the dress is hanging in the closet. Both are available for your children to use. All they have to do is get in the car and drive or take the dress off the hanger and put it on. Instead, they keep coming to you asking you for a new car or a dress! How infuriating!  But isn't that what we do to our Father in Heaven?

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15
 
I honestly believe that if we could just grasp the Father's love for us, that if we could only sense it and know it and grab a hold of it, we would never worry about another thing! Why? Because of that love and Jesus's sacrifice on the cross, Father God has already give you everything you will ever need in this life!

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 2 Peter 1:3
 
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18
 
We wouldn't worry about money, food, clothing, kids, family, friends, health, wisdom, guidance, comfort, or any other thing we need. Why would we? We are children of the King of Kings! We are co-inheritors with Jesus! 
 
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. Romans 8:17
 
Our Father adores us and longs to give us the desires of our hearts. Most of all, He wants us to believe Him, to trust Him.  Without this Faith, it is impossible to please Him, Right?
 
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Here's a recent devotion that a good friend sent to me. It really spoke to me.
 
Stop looking at circumstances. Feed daily on God's Word. Memorize His promises. Pray with confidence. Your weeping will endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Whatever you are going through, even walking through the valley of the shadow of death, God promises to be with you. Today, take a stand and start trusting! Your unbelief changes nothing, but faith opens doors to deliverance. Choose to trust God!

How do you trust God? It's like any relationship. You can't trust someone if you don't know them. You must get to know Him by spending time with Him! You feed daily on His Word and memorize and proclaim His promises. Remember the Word of God is living, powerful, like a double-edged sword. It is not just words you recite and hope will come true. These words have Power!  I will list below just a few of the many promises of God that you can bank on. He is faithful!  All these promises He has already given you! It's a done deal. All you need to do is receive them in faith. Yet, it grieves the Lord so much that many of His children don't do that, but instead complain and whine and cry out to Him to give them this and that.. and He's saying "I already gave that to you! Just take it!" 
 
But, you may say, the Lord allows suffering to come to us from time to time. Of course! He's a Dad. He will allow a season of trial, heartache, even sickness to come to you for your own good, to bring you closer to Him, to cut away an idol in your life, to increase your faith, to help you grow, to teach you something, or perhaps to save someone you know. But these seasons aren't meant to go on through our entire life.  Yes, we have suffering in this world, but that has nothing to do with trusting the Lord for all the wonderful things He has promised us.

You've probably heard these verses all your life. I'm asking you now to finally believe them You're going to need to believe them soon as I know things in this world are going to get much worse soon. The Lord wants you to trust Him for everything no matter what happens, no matter what you witness around you, no matter what tragedies occur. Times are coming when you are going to only have Him to cling to, Him to rely on.

Here are just a very few promises. Notice some have conditions. You must be truly saved and submitted to the Lord. He doesn't promise anything to the lukewarm or apostate!  Learn these and search for others in the Bible. Then say them outloud often, especially when the devil is whispering his lies to you. Soon, they will be written on your hearts and you will a powerful force in the Kingdom of God!
 
Here's one of my go-to favorites that covers everything that is good!
 
For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11
 
What a great promise!  It covers EVERYTHING Good. Is health good? Provision good? Protection good?

Protection

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19

When the enemy comes in like a flood,
The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him. Isaiah 59:19

No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord. Isaiah 54:17

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Psalm 91

Good Health

Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases, Psalm 103:3

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. James 5:14-15

My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. Proverbs 4:22

The Lord will sustain, refresh, and strengthen him on his bed of languishing; all his bed You [O Lord] will turn, change, and transform in his illness. Psalm 41:3

The Love and care of Father God

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Romans 8:35

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. Romans 8:37

As a father loves and pities his children, so the Lord loves and pities those who fear Him Psalm 103:13 

but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Romans 8:15-16

Provision

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

I have been young and now am old, yet have I not seen the [uncompromisingly] righteous forsaken or their seed begging bread. Psalm 37:25 

Therefore do not worry and be anxious, saying, What are we going to have to eat? or, What are we going to have to drink? or, What are we going to have to wear?  For the Gentiles (heathen) wish for and crave and diligently seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows well that you need them all. But seek  first of all His kingdom and His righteousness ( and then all these things taken together will be given you besides. Matthew 6:31-33

Strength

 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Fear. God's Promise of Help

Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you. Isaiah 43:2

Even to your old age, I am He,
And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver you. Isaiah 46:4

He will not allow your foot to slip or to be moved; He Who keeps you will not slumber. Psalm 121:3

 Forgiveness

“I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins. Isaiah 43:25

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live and walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit. Romans 8:1

As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12

Wisdom and guidance

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer,
The Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
Who teaches you to profit,
Who leads you by the way you should go. Isaiah 48:17

Our Place, Our Position

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: Ephesians 2:6 
 
Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,  Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: Ephesians 1:20-21

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Ephesians 1:3
 
After reading these, do you think God was kidding? Do you think He was saying I might do all this for you if I'm in a good mood? Or maybe I will if you're good enough? All these promises are yours if you are walking with Him in a close committed relationship. Yet we've been conditioned to believe that we can ask, but God may or may not answer our prayers. It's time, Saints, to take God at His Word! 
 

12 comments:

  1. Amen and amen! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marylu this must have taken a lot of time and effort. I pray that the return on your investment will be great for the kingdom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to do this. It's a labor of love for the church and for the Lord! I just pray it really helps some!

      Delete
  3. Greetings in Christ, Soldier of the King Most High,
    Great word MaryLu. Thanks for pulling up all those scriptures, I'm going to make a copy and hang it on my wall. Lol, Maybe I'll enlarge them and make a wall paper out of it ! I have a friend who has stenciled several scripts from this batch on her son's room walls !
    Oh I loved the opening picture, we are literally walking over the heads of wolves these day's.
    The devotion you posted from your friend reminded me of a movie I just watched " His Only Son".
    The story of Abraham and his incredable faith and the many years he walked in the promise God made to him before any of it was realized. Like most Bible movies, it adds a little and takes a little away, never the less you'll weep some if you watch it !
    May the love of Jesus bring you peace and good health and mountain moving faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings dear Brother! May the Lord draw you so close, you feel His loving arms around you!

      Delete
  4. It is amazing how the relationship we have with our earthly parents causes us to think our relationship with God is the same. It's so hard break this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very hard. I struggle with it constantly. But God.... only by His grace!

      Delete
  5. Hi MaryLu. I am really loving this posting today. There is a wealth of information here, and I am going to try to print out some of the scriptures so that I can begin to remember them and meditate on them. not having had a "loving" relationship with either of my parents, but mostly my mother who never wanted me at all and showed it daily, it is difficult to really have a "relationship" with anybody. I am trying hard to form one with Jesus, and lately I have been talking to Him out loud (my cat thinks I have lost my mind, lol), but it does truly help, oddly enough. and yesterday, while I was driving on icy streets to pick up my groceries, I even started singing out loud of "What A Friend We Have in Jesus", even though I cannot sing a lick. It just brought me comfort, as I was relying on Him to keep me safe during the drive. It felt strange to me though.
    On to another subject, if you don't mind. I have an avid curiosity about the Book of Enoch, wondering why it was left out of the Bible. I have read several reasons why it was left out on the internet, but none of that really rings true to me. Do you think it would be sinful or against God if I indulged my curiosity some and explored Enoch a little more?? I kind of think it would be helpful if we knew about the fallen angels and how they got to be where they are, but I do not want to go against the Word of God, either. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thank you. Blessings to you and yours!! Lord, come quickly. Maranatha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the post was helpful, Kathy! And I'm so sorry about your childhood. I can relate in a way, as I've said, due to not having a father who cared to even see me. Jesus is the only answer to that rejection and pain. You are so precious and valued to Him!! Just keep talking to Him all day long, singing praises, and thanking Him and asking for His help. He loves that!!
      And yes, by all means, read Enoch! It's a fascinating read that will shed much light on the Genesis account and other things. Jesus and many others quoted it in the Bible. It's not to be taken as pure Scripture, but it is, I believe, from God, and I never saw anything that contradicted the Bible.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing this and reminding us of who we are in Christ.

    ReplyDelete