Monday, April 12, 2010

The upside down world.

Do you ever wonder how the world got so crazy? I mean, it seems like wickedness is admired and sought after while goodness and righteousness are labeled evil. Tea-party protestors are called haters and terrorists, while real terrorists like Bill Ayers are labeled friends of our president. Money is taken from those who work hard and given to those who don't work at all. People who believe in God are crazy while those who believe the complexities of life formed out of chaos are brilliant. Sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out.
Hear what Isaiah said some three thousand years ago:
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Isaiah 5:20

While it may seem like God doesn't notice or care about these things, believe me, He does. He's watching all of this very carefully, and someday He will judge the world for the things they've done as well as individuals for the lives they led. Yes, He is a God of Love, but He is also a God of Justice. Therefore He can do no less then be just
The nations were filled with wrath,but now the time of your wrath has come. It is time to judge the dead and reward your servants the prophets,as well as your holy people,and all who fear your name,from the least to the greatest. It is time to destroy all who have caused destruction on the earth Rev 11:18

One aspect of this judgement is found in Luke 13 where Jesus discusses the Kingdom of God and the narrow Gate. He tells us to "work hard to enter the narrow door to God's Kingdom for many will try to enger but will fail"   He also says "some who seem least important now will be the greatest then, and some who are the greatest now will be least important then"

So we see that even though the world may seem upside down now, God is coming to set it right side up. We live in an age where everywhere we turn we see people trying to puff themselves up, trying to take center stage and cry "Look at me, Look at me!"  We live in a culture that glamorizes beauty and fame and money and turns its face from people who dedicate their lives to serving God. How many times do you see a story on the news or in a magazine or a show on TV that glorifies someone who is doing good all over the world and living their lives for God? Very rare, if ever.

Maybe you've felt lately that you just don't fit in anywhere. Maybe you're not popular in school or in the office. Maybe it's always someone else who gets the attention among your friends and family. Maybe you never draw the guy's attention you have a crush on.  Have you ever felt like you could just melt into the wall and no one would notice? I have. Well, rest assured. God sees you. And if you live your life for Him, you may be one of the greatest of all those in Heaven! God is just. Just be patient.

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! Most of the people I know are usually shocked when they find out that I don't live with a boyfriend, or that I don't watch or do certain things. They actually tell me that I'm living in a cult-just by following the Bible! It makes me wonder how did I miss the transition of good being bad and bad being good. The more of what I learn about the world, the more I long for heaven and God's perfect love. Does anyone know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hear both of ya! Take comfort, there is a judgment coming for a reason! God will restore all words to their proper meanings and all names to whom they belong. In the meantime, injustice and nonsense SEEM to prevail....but He IS watching. "Though the wrong seems oft' so strong, God is the ruler yet!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was young, things weren't nearly this bad. People looked down on you if you slept around. Most of the families on my block stayed together. Kids were safe playing in the streets. Yes, Eszter, it's horrible that just because we follow the Lord and live moral lives we are accused of being in a cult.
    Diane. AMEN! God will come and make all things new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right MaryLu, I agree with this whole post.
    My brother and I watch the show NCIS and a character was having an intimate relationship with her boyfriend (this kind of thing is all throughout this show, but the rest is good...) so I speak out about it, and my brother turns to me, and says, "This is how life is now. You don't have to be married, nobody follows that anymore,” I was completely disgusted. My brother and I agree on nothing. If nobody is waiting till they're married any more, than let me be the last and only one. So be it. The best way to think about it.
    I am really sick and tired of so-called “Christians” going to troop’s funerals with signs that say, “God hates troops” and signs that say “God hates fags” and other signs that seem to go against Christianity. Just like other religions with radicals, they ruin and turn people from God. Disgusting.

    God bless,
    ~Abigail =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Abigail, it seems there's no show on TV that doesn't promote promiscuity. It wasn't like that when I was a kid. Sorry about your brother. It's not his fault. It's this culture and the Devil. All we can do to fight back is pray and be living examples of Jesus. And I agree with you about those people who twist Scripture for their own hateful purposes. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete