Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fresno book signing and state of our country

For those of you who live in or near Fresno, California, I'll be at the Berean Book store on Blackstone Ave on Saturday, Nov 1st from 2:00 - 4:00 pm. Come out and chat with me. I'd love to meet you!




I don't like to talk politics. Inevitably someone gets upset, angry and shouting ensues. (Especially here in California) But I can't help but be very nervous about this upcoming election and the general direction in which I see our country heading. In all the years I've been old enough to vote, I've never felt such anxiety over a presidential election outcome. I've also never seen such greed, such hypocrisy, such corruption in our government and its officials. It seems as though everyone is out for themselves, what they can get out of a situation to further their career, their power, their bank accounts, instead of being the public servants they were elected to be and actually "serving" the people who elected them. Now there's a thought! How refreshing that would be. And not only serving the people, but the country, puting its long term needs ahead of their own personal ones. In essence, I'm disgusted by what I see happening and I truly believe our forefathers would be too.

I've heard it said that a democracy will crumble from within when most of its people become so self-centered that they no longer consider future generations or the state of our nation, but only want to satisfy their own immediate desires--when most people, instead of doing the homework necessary to investigate each candidate thorougly, they choose the one who will benefit them the most with no regard for others or the country as a whole.


When this happens, it causes bigger and bigger government ruling over a selfish mass who constantly look to government to solve all their problems.


But government cannot solve people's problems It never could. Our founding fathers knew this from experience. That's why they created a small government with lots of checks and balances and put the true power in the hands of the people.


Where have we gone wrong? I'll leave you with this verse from 2Timothy 3:1-4. But I'll also urge you to pray for this upcoming election. Pray for God's will and for our nation to rise up and be great once again.



This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God

1 comment:

  1. "What is morally wrong cannot be politically right."

    "I, Thou and the Other One" by Amelia E. Barr; 1898.

    That's a quote I found in a very old book I read about Reform in 1830 England.

    I've noticed that you haven't been writing politically related material on your blog.

    I've written a few pieces on the upcoming election and it sure has generated various opinions. But I don't care what they say...I know where I stand...when a nation starts decaying morally and calls it pro-choice they will reap what they sow.

    History shows us what happens to nations who are morally corrupt.

    Wake up, America!

    ReplyDelete