Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Red Siren news

Just a note: I received all of your addresses (except Carole, Jessica, and Lucie) and put the books in the mail yesterday! I hope you enjoy the story. I had fun writing it.

Just to wet your appetites, if you'll permit me a bit of bragging, here's a couple of excellent reviews I received lately:

Christian Review of Books: Roseanna White
The Red Siren is yet another powerful, captivating tale by MaryLu Tyndall. As the story progressed, full of adventure and romance and danger lurking in every crevice, she managed to truly stump me. How, I wondered with the turn of every page, is she going to pull this off? How can I be rooting for the pirate heroine and the naval officer out to capture her at the same time? How can they possibly arrive at both justice and romance? The conundrum had me turning those pages all the faster, propelling both me and the story to new levels of anticipation with each chapter. And of course, with her usual way of combining the power of God with the power of human love, the author delivers an ending that will leave you breathless and aquiver with delight.
The Red Siren will join my shelf of favorites. I fell in love with the characters, was entirely gripped by the action, gleefully ignored all outside intrusions as the climax unfolded (even though dinner really needed cooked), and finished it with a smile on my face. I can’t wait for the next books in this series! This one’s definitely not to be missed by lovers of romance, historicals, or just a good pirate tale.


ArmChairReviews: Edyth Abraham
I enjoyed this novel immensely. It is not often that you find a story that revolves around a
woman pirate. Faith’s character is unique and original and her troubles, fears and questions are
so real that I was able to relate to her on many levels. The storyline moves very quickly and I
can say that there was never a dull moment. Even the book ended as a cliffhanger–and the
problem will be solved only in the next book. Hence, those who do not like cliffhangers, wait until
the entire series has come out. It is a very well-written and very well-thought-out book that
reminded me time and time again that God’s ways are higher than our ways.
Armchair Interviews says: Definitely a book that will not disappoint–highly recommended!


Let me just add that everytime I get a good review, I say a quick praise to God. He's the one who gives me both the story and the ability to write it down. So, to Him be all the glory!

Also, I'm a guest blogger on Jennifer Taylor's blog today. I wrote a short article about Charleston and pirates which you might find interesting and for those of you who didn't win a copy of The Red Siren, Jennifer is offering another opportunity. Here's the link: http://jenniferswriting.blogspot.com/

This week, I'm diving back into writing after a month off. I'm starting on the 3rd book in the Charles Towne Belles' series, entitled, The Raven Saint. It is the story of sister number 3, Grace Westcott, who you'll see a bit of in book 1.
Have a marvelous week, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the excellent reviews!! I must say for my part...I can hardly wait to read it. :o)
    Keep up the great work. I plan to buy a copy of every book you put out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheri! You're an angel. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received my copy yesterday and stayed up late reading it last night! :o) To see my review - http://vanillayellowroses.blogspot.com/2009/01/red-siren.html

    Absolutely amazing!! :o) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the great review. Your writing is so fresh and innovative. You've found new ways to say and describe things that make the story come alive. I'm really looking forward to the Charles Town series. I'm probably going to delay my trip to Charleston until Feb or March.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Red Siren just arrived in the mail today. I can't wait to crack it open!

    Rita
    http://ritagerlach.com/

    ReplyDelete