Sunday, March 22, 2009

Greetings from Christian Book Expo!

Today is the last day of the CBE here in Dallas. I have 2 final book signings and then I'm on a plane early tomorrow headed back to California and home! I have had a blast here! The show didn't have the turnout they expected, but still, quite a few people attended and I was able to meet several of my readers and some new ones too. It's so much fun to talk to people face to face about my books and writing and about their lives. (Waving at Rebornbutterfly and Karen! and all of you who took the time to come say Hi. It meant the world to me to see your faces.)

I also am so happy to announce that 2 of my close friends were nominated for a Christy Award. The Christy is the premier Christian Fiction award given out once a year at the International Christian Retailers Conference in July. (My very first book, The Redemption, was nominated back in 2007!) Anyway, my friend Mary Connealy's book Calico Canyon was nominated, and my friend Shelley Adina's book, The Fruit of my Lipstick. !!! I'm so excited for them! It is such an honor just to be nominated. Calico Canyon is an historical romance set in the old west. Mary's books are very humorous. And The Fruit of my Lipstick is part of a series for young adults. I highly recommend both books.

I also had the privilege of attending a seminar on the End Times deception by Dr. Todd Perla. I was very intriqued and purchased his book and hope to read and expound on it in later sessions. I have an intense interest in End-times prophecy.

Anyway, I'll post later in the week. I hope to have some pictures to post as well!
God Bless,

6 comments:

  1. Sorry I wasn't able to make it! We had some car trouble this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so, so great meeting you after such long communication online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best part was making you scream when I told you about the nomination! LOL

    Shelley
    www.shelleyadina.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to come leave a comment yesterday and just realized I forgot =) - I LOVE The Red Siren!!! Your writing style is excellent and I just loved the way it kept me on the edge of my seat. I stayed up so late Sunday night to finish it. Couldn't put it down. Thanks for writing such a great book. I can't wait to read more of your books, as this was my first.

    I'll be writing a review on my site onerainyafternoon.blogspot.com later this week.

    Julianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chole, I'm sorry you couldn't make it too! Maybe next time. It was great to meet you, Sarah! and regarding my friend, Shelley, you all would laugh. When she told me about her award nomination I acutally hit her with her own book. Not once, but twice. I'm so excited for her!
    Julianna, wow, thanks so much for your kind comments! I really appreciate it.... Blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that story Marylu!
    Cracks me up!

    Guess what, guess what, guess what!
    My sister handed me my "lost" book as i was typing this comment!
    Thank you so much for looking for it! I feel bad it was a wild goose chase!

    ReplyDelete