Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A view from Northern California



As some of you may know, there is a park/cattle ranch behind my house and a dirt trail that skirts around it. This trail is very important to me, because on this trail God and I have had some of our most important conversations, even at times dare I say arguments, or rather me ranting and complaining and Him patiently waiting for my tantrum to subside. It was on this trail that God zapped my atheist husband with a light from heaven much like he did to Paul on the road to Damascus and opened his eyes, immediately transforming him and his life. It is on this trail where I daily bring my requests to him and my praises, and it is often on this trail, where the Lord give me ideas for my books. Having said that, you can see why it means to much to me.

So I wanted to show you what it looks like and how blessed I am. You see I live in the middle of one of the largest cities in California, yet right here in my own backyard, I have a little taste of the country. The hills are still green here, but will turn completely brown within a month, so I wanted to get some pictures before that happened.




This is the view from up on the hill of my neighborhood, and the mountains in the background.

This is my house.


California Poppies! It's so beautiful this time of year. Here's the Trail





More green hills and the winding trail!


And last but not least, the mighty oak of Righteousness!



Have a wonderful day, everyone, and enjoy springtime and God's beautiful creation.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! I just loved seeing the pictures of where you live. I have never been to CA, but maybe one day...
    What a great place to live, it's beautiful.
    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey MaryLu,

    What beautiful pictures! Those rolling green hills and that oak!! Can't get much better than that. You made me smile when you said you get some of your ideas on that trail because I get a lot of my ideas when I am out doing my daily walk. I think it is because there are no distractions for God to have to yell over. It's quiet out there. Most people say we live in the middle of nowhere but it's getting a bit too built up here for us. Looking to move further into the country. I'd like to find a place that looked like your pictures.

    In His Love,
    Debbie Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, that is BEAUTIFUL!!! [=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies, I feel blessed to live her!

    ReplyDelete