Friday, August 14, 2009

Avast, Pirates be Kindled!



As many of you may have noticed, my Legacy of the King's Pirates series is no longer in print. What that means is that you probably won't find any copies in stores anymore. There are a few copies for sale at some of the online stores like Amazon, where you can also pick up used copies as well. When those are gone, that's it. Since this was my very first series that got published and since I adore these stories, I'm saddened by their exit, but that is the way business goes.

Anyway, I want to announce that I'm in the process of putting these books in e-format for the Kindle on Amazon. If you don't know what a Kindle is, just go to Amazon and type it in the search bar. It's a small electronic device onto which you can download tons of books and read them from there. It's a bit pricey but worth it, I think, because you can carry hundreds of books in the palm of your hand.

So far I have The Redemption and The Restitution in Kindle format. To find them, just go to the book page for each book and right below the main description, it says something like 'Kindle Edition'. Then click on that and it will take you to the page where you can download the book. I believe you will need to have a Kindle in hand in order to do this. I'll be working on The Reliance this coming week and that should be available in a couple of weeks.

For all you pirate lovers out there, at some point in the distant future my plans are to have these books republished and to add more books to the series. But we shall see where God leads me.

Hey, it's Friday! Have a great weekend, everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Cool! At least we can still get the e-book if not the real thing!

    ~Sasafras

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'll be fantastic if you do end up continuing the series! Charlisse and Merrick and Isabel and Kent are all such captivating characters; I can't wait to find out more about them and their lives!
    -Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no, NOOOOOO! I am afraid I can't be as positive as the other two commenters. I love those books and even now my order for them is flying across cyber space. As soon as I read this blog I contacted my source and orderd them- for even they are running low! I am so dissapointed they are going away, but my Aunt does have a Kindle and I will be letting her know! It would be great to have more books in this series, I am just not willing to wait that long to have them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was lucky enough to buy print copies of them when MaryLu contacted me about having her interview and guest blog on my review blog TAMFA as well as review her novel The Red Siren. I read them almost a month ago and LOVED THEM! I'm sad that they are going out of print but kudos for getting them in Kindle format though I don't own a Kindle but a Sony eReader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw that's so sad. I didn't realize books went out of print so soon. I am glad I have a copy of each of them. I have heard about ebooks but much prefer an actual book in my hands. Still, I'm sure plenty of people will buy the ebook format : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww No, that's so sad MaryLu! I never like to take the chance for that to happen, so I bought all your books when they first came out. Yay! :)
    It's a good thing that your books are getting bought, only because you are an amazing author with an extraordinary imagination!

    If you added more books to Legacy of the King's Pirates that you already started, that would be Awesome!
    At my school we have to read every day and I always take that series to read, never get tired of them! Teachers wonder if I own any other books. :D

    You have a nice weekend too, MaryLu!
    Many Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this series!!! I will have to make sure I get my hands on the ones that are still available. Thanks for this heads up!

    Blessings,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good and Bad? I don't have a kindle but at least they'll be there when I do get one!

    I just took a mental health break and watched Frenchman's Creek 1998 version. Lady Donna was pretty good with a sword!

    Have a good weekend everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ::gasp:: I can't believe they're going out of print!! Noooo! I guess I'll have to buy them now...sigh. Oh well, its a sacrifice I'll have to make. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew....glad I got my copies when I did!! :o)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I hope you continue this series later on!! I loved Merrick, Charlisse, Isabel and Kent! I am lucky to have all 3 of them and will hold on to them to re read over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love it if you would add more to the series!! I love that Series!!!!!! I'm said that they are no longer in stores...I still need to get the 1st 2, b/c a friend and I share the series...But I want the complete set....

    ReplyDelete
  13. This pirate lover is glad to hear they are available on Kindle for more people to fall in love with them! Just finished The Blue Enchantress and loved it! Can't wait for Grace's story in Raven Saint.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, thanks everyone for your comments! I really appreciate your kindness!! Makes all my hard work worthwhile! I really do hope to add to this series, and I'm considering printing copies of my own to sell on my website as well as having them made into audio books. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  15. AUDIO BOOKS???!!! REALLY???!!! That would be so completely awesome! I love listening to audiobooks on my iPod. In fact, as of now I have 32 audiobooks. I would so buy an audiobook from you over a kindle ebook.

    ~Honey

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't gotten these yet and will definitely be doing so this week. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete