Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Winner of Surrender the Wind by Rita Gerlach is....


Phoebe! Thanks for entering, everyone! This is a fabulous book that you'll want to add to your To-Be-Read pile.!

On the personal front. We've had great weather here in Northern California. 80's in the day (sometimes it creeps in the 90's) and low 60's at night. The wide temperature swing is due to the lack of humidity in the air. I grew up in South Florida and the temperature rarely fluctuated from day to night. And it's a different kind of heat here without the humidity. It doesn't weigh down on you, it just seems to suck all the moisture out of your body! Anyway, it is a beautiful area and I thank God for allowing me to live in such a mild climate. Personally, however, I'd love to move back southeast closer to the Atlantic ocean. My husband and I are considering buying a condo for vacations in Florida someday.

I'm nearly done with The Raven Saint! I've been working furiously to polish it up to perfection this week and will turn it in Saturday. That's the last I'll see of it until I get the final galleys. Galleys are the final layout of the novel exactly how it will look when it is printed. At that point, I cannot change anything major, only minor things like a word here and there. I am very pleased with the story of Grace, and should you end up reading it, I hope you'll enjoy it too!

10 comments:

  1. Whoot! Thats exciting! I can't wait! My library just bought RS and BE. I'm so excited!
    ~Carman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you say about the climate of northern California. I live in Chile and it is similar. However, I far prefer it to the sweltering humidity of the east coast (of both North and South America). You can have Florida, MaryLu. Viva the West!!! And cool nights!

    Can you tell us a little more about your new book? Have you made a trailer about it yet? Is it related to the previous two?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I am looking forward to it! What a sense of accomplishment that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished The Blue Enchantress this week and it is great! My review will be up next week with the tour. I can't wait to read the next book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad Phoebe won a copy of Surrender the Wind. If you are reading this, Phoebe, and would like a bookmark, send me an email with your mailing address. rpkg@comcast.net

    Marylu,
    I don't know who you do it. You are a like a hurricane at sea when it comes to getting books written...nothing stands in your way.

    Luv Ya!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Phoebe! Enjoy your book.

    So, does the warm weather not bother you MaryLu, since you have lived in Florida for so long?
    I don't enjoy warm weather as much as I do colder. But, I like to live in an area where I get all four seasons. I would get board with just cold or just warm.
    I have never been to Florida, but I might be going there next year.

    Im so exited for The Raven Saint!! I want to read it so badly, and im so happy for you MaryLu. All of your books are different in their own way, but always an amazing story about each one! Keep up the Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you write some good book I woudl love to read your new ones.

    mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Congrats on how the book's coming, MaryLu! I can't wait for it!

    And how in the world do you come up with your titles? They're always just awesome!

    ~Sasafras

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Blue Enchantress just got released, and already you're done with the next one - WOW! Does it take a really long time for a publishing company to get a book printed and ready to ship, or are you just an extremely fast writer?
    Either way, thank you for getting them done so quickly - I can't even stand to wait between your books as it is!
    -Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Carman! Diane, yes I have made a trailer for The Raven Saint and I'll be posting that soon. Thanks for asking weather. Thanks Casey and Brittanie, I'm so glad you enjoyed The Blue Enchantress! Rita, you rock, girl! Love your book. Tori, I love the warm tropical weather. It doesn't bother me at all. And thanks for your enthusiasm. Thank you Edna for your comment Sasafras, my publisher and I brainstorm together about the titles of my books. And Sapphire, it takes 6 to 9 months for a book to be published from the time I turn it in until the time it ends up on the shelf. I've been writing a book every 6 months, but it's been rather tiring. :-)

    Thank you all for your comments!
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete