Friday, August 28, 2009

Win a free copy of On a Someday by Roxanne Henke


I picked this book up at ICRS so hoping to get a chance to read it, but alas, time does not permit. So, I'm giving it away so someone else can enjoy it. Here's the blurb from the back:

Claire Westin has spent her adult life being a wife, a mother, and college professor. The last thing she expects as she nears retirement is to have a whole new career open before her. But when it happens, how can she possibly turn it down?

Her husband Jim has spent his life growing his chain of grocery stores. He has a grand plan to restore an old Dodge Charger... someday when he retires. Someday soon, he hopes.

If his son, Drew, would only agree to take over the family business. Drew, however, has plans of his own. And Claire is busy climbing the ladder of her new career. She can't bear the thought she might have to say no to the exciting new opportunities she's pursuing and simply sit around and watch Jim tinker on an old car.

The decisions Jim, Claire, and Drew must make come far too quickly as an unexpected crisis forces them to choose their future...now.
On a Someday asks the big questions of life...and answers them with hope.

Just leave a comment about what you find interesting about the book description, and I'll choose a winner next Friday.

Have a blessed and wonderful weekend! Take some time and smell the roses and thank God for all His blessings in your life!

10 comments:

  1. On a Someday really interests me because I recently retired from the worship ministry at our church and had to make some important decisions, as I didn't want to sit around either. And I really enjoy the relationship-style drama that Roxanne writes. Thank you so much for giving your copy away.

    cjarvis [at] bellsouth [dot] net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Drew's plans and Claire new job aren't mentioned is intresting.

    13rubberducks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it interesting that while Drew is just getting to the age when he can pursue his dreams, his parents are doing the same. It's not often that two generations experience the same things at the same time.
    -Sapphire

    sapphirethepirate@bresnan.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if Claire will sit back and let her husband explore his ambitions or if she will try to fit him into her mold for their life.

    libraryhelper@harneyesd.k12.or.us

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a little hard to tell what to expect, but I would be interested in finding out what will happen. herrins1@harneyesd.k12.or.us

    ReplyDelete
  6. My interest is piqued wondering what comes up so suddenly that they all have to choose the direction of their lives immediately! Sounds like it could be a hard road for all involved.

    Please enter me to win.

    Blessings,
    Mimi
    mnjesusfreak at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please enter me into the contest, she is my age and I am not able to have another career, so I read about others. Glad to see a book written about an older woman most are really young women.


    mamat2730(at)charter)dot(net

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like a wonderful book that I would love to read, but I would love for someone else to have it. I have limited time to read books during the week. Weekends should be perfect though. I still need to finish The Blue Enchantress, its killing me that I have to put it off. I love that book so much!!!!!

    Have a beautiful and blessed Sunday tomorrow to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I wonder about most when reading this is weather in all these hard choices and cartreer persueing that they are doing weather their family ties will stay intact will their family life be destroyed by all their time consuming careers? because in the end careers and wealth and everything else fades away but our loved ones and our relationship with them remain and of course even when all else fails God's love remains
    He loves you so much
    May you realize it today

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to read this book and see what the future holds for Claire and her husband.

    ReplyDelete