Thursday, November 5, 2009

Off to West Virginia!

My husband and I leave the grand state of California early tomorrow (6:30 AM. Uggg!) and travel to West Virginia. My brother built a cabin in the woods on top of a mountain there and my family is getting together for a sort of pre-Thanksgiving family celebration. My mother, my sister, 2 nieces, 2 nephews, and my brother and his wife will be there. I'm very excited to see my family! They all live in Florida, so I don't get over there very often.

I'm not taking my laptop, so if any of you write to me, I'm not ignoring you! I'm trying to be obedient to the Lord to truly take a break from my work and all it entails. But it's a short visit and I'll be back online next Wednesday. In the meantime, I have some blog posts already written and scheduled, including a book giveaway tomorrow. So, don't forget to drop by!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I'll see you next Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip. Don't forget your camera. The color on the trees should be spectacular it it hasn't all faded yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! I'll post some pictures when I return...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great getaway. Enjoy.
    tarenn98[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go and enjoy the R&R and your family. It sounds like great fun! I'm sure it will include food, which is always a great thing. :) And I know it will taste better eaten in a cabin!

    Have fun.

    Sherry Kuhn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks April and Sherry! And yes, there will be lots and lots of food! Back on the treadmill for me when I get home. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I hope you have fun MaryLu. It is nice to visit with family and get some time to relax from all your work. You deserve it, so enjoy yourself MaryLu.

    May God Bless and protect you on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time! Can't wait to hear how it all went when you get back!

    ReplyDelete