Monday, November 16, 2015

Unfathomable Evil - The Paris Attacks

Like many of you, I spent hours watching the aftermath of the horrific attacks in Paris over the weekend. Like some of you, I asked myself the same question over and over. How could someone do something like this? How could one human being stand above a crowd and fire randomly at people below, killing them brutally, without even knowing them or anything about them? Or how could someone drive by a restaurant and open fire on people causally eating dinner on a Friday night? What goes through the mind of someone like that?  Do they feel any pain or remorse at all? Even a flicker?   Because I'm the type of person who even cries at a touching Hallmark commercial, I really can't understand this at all.  It baffles me completely. It baffles me even more when these terrorists do this in the name of their god, a god who orders his followers to murder anyone who doesn't believe like they do, a god who then orders his followers to kill themselves afterward. It would seem to me that this "god" hates all mankind, even the useful idiots who follow him.

Sorry, I'm not being politically correct and I really don't give a flying fig. Can you think of any other "god" or spiritual being who hates all mankind, who desires to kill all of us?

But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short  Revelation 12:12

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy.  John 10:10

It's that old serpent from the garden, that familiar deceiver, just playing the same old game and using the same old lies that he has for thousands of years. And yet, we humans keep falling for them.

"Did God really say? ...
"Can you really trust God?..
"Does God even exist? ...
"If you worship me ....
     I'll make you a god
     I'll give you wealth and fame
     I'll give you 70 virgins after you die (personally, I wouldn't be that thrilled about this one)


He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. John 8:24

One thing, among many, I really love about Jesus is He wasn't politically correct. :-)  

Let's face it, there's evil in the world, and his name is satan, the devil, lucifer, allah, or whatever you want to call him. He comes in many disguises, has many names, and masquerades as a good guy, a nice guy, a friend most of the time

for even satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14

His job is to fool you, lie to you, trick you, deceive you, ruin your life, and if possible, drag you to hell before you turn toward God. He has no conscience, no morals, no heart, no feelings, and nothing is too evil or low for him to commit. He hates God with a passion and he hates mankind just as much because we are made in the image of God. Oh, and he has an army of demons and fallen angels to help him. His plan is to deceive the world and bring everyone to hell to suffer along with him, but also to worship him. He craves worship. He wants to be God.


For you have said in your heart:
I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.  Isaiah 14:12-14

Satan is the origin of pure evil, the kind of evil that we witnessed in Paris on Friday. The kind of evil we've seen all kinds of people of all "religions" enact through the ages (Crusades, Inquisition, Hitler.... etc Yes, I'm saying that worshiping Satan is not just limited to Muslims. He has infiltrated organized "Christianity" as well throughout history.)  The kind of evil we will see more and more of as the end of the age closes. Why? Because our enemy knows his time is short and he still hasn't achieved his goal.

But I can't close with that morbid thought. Be encouraged. If you are a true follower of Jesus, you need not fear satan. The Bible is clear that God's Spirit living within us is greater than satan. God also says He has already won the victory for us, and all we need to do is say the name of Jesus and demons will flee.  But that doesn't mean we should let our guard down. Walk in the light, stay in the light close to our Lord. And always be on the alert. We are in a war, folks, whether you like it or not, and it's time we get serious. 


.

12 comments:

  1. Monday, Nov 16th,
    "Morning, MaryLu."
    TOTALLY -- Amen, and, Amen ... to ALL that you shared !!! That's what I was thinking on Friday evening when the news of this broke .... we are definitely in the "last days". Evil is rampant ... wars, rumours of wars, innocent lives murdered .... and the list goes on, and on, and on !
    All in the name of 'their god'. Our God, the One and Only True God ... would NEVER condone this. He loves "everyone" .... and is willing that NONE should perish !!! You totally hit the nail-on-the-head ... re ALL that you shared today.
    Yes ... we can still be encouraged ... as He has already won the victory for us ! SO thankful we serve a loving, forgiving, and merciful God !!! We continue to keep looking UP !
    Thank-you for today's post, MaryLu.
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen MaryLu,
    The evil one is on the rampage but those of us who have the Hope (Jesus Christ) in our heart we do know the end results of that slime bucket aka satan. I loved your words from your heart this morning and I too will praise My Lord and Savior , keep my walk with Him filled with His word and Prayers for those who do not know Him.
    so your words were so encouraging this morning after listening to Obama give his usually " nothing is going to change" speech. And his shaming the Christians for their attitude against the immigrants. My blood was boiling as he was . Feeding into the ugliness of pointing fingers at those who love God.
    Please keep posting as it is encouraging .
    Bless you .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything that man comes on the TV, I mute it. He is out to destroy our country and he's doing a pretty good job. And he doesn't much like Christians either. I feel sorry for him. The Lord gave me a picture once of Obama wrapped in huge iron chains all around his body. I pray for him.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with you Mary Lu.

      Delete
  3. Preach it, sister! I'm right there with you.....yes, we are at war. Praying for strength, courage and wisdom for all the saints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ladies! I'm tired of worrying about "offending" someone. I feel the Lord urging me to be honest and truthful.. even it cost me some readers, book sales, friends, or even if I'm insulted, blacklisted or maligned. Jesus said, the Truth will set you free. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just now this very minute found you. I was looking for images to help me wrap my mind around, "The name of the LORD is a strong tower..." and found your fabulous ship and lighthouse pics. I loooovvvvee the one with the ship and lighthouse and would like to purchase it. All these ship pics are wonderful. Can't wait to get to the Meridian, Id library where I live and read your books! Need a new author. Loved this blog about the war we are in. You are right on, and "flying figs" to the pc of it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! Welcome! I'm glad you found my site. :-) Blessings!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen, MaryLu!! Thanks for your spiritual insight - your honesty, stand for Him, and the joy/smile a couple of lines in your post gave me. Standing in prayer with Chappy - and some extra ones for you, my dear sweet friend!!

    Love, prayers, and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete