Friday, January 20, 2017

Hate Trumps Peace


First of all, let me just say that on this very day, January 20th 2017, America celebrates one of its fundamental freedoms, and truly one of the things that makes America such a great country. Today, there will be a hopefully peaceful transfer of power from the 44th President to the 45th President of the United States. You don't have to look too far back in world  history to realize that most transfers of power were done by violence, not in peace and certainly not by the will of the people.  That's one of the things that makes our country so great.

Millions of people who voted for Hillary Clinton, will no doubt be upset today, while the millions who voted for Donald Trump will be excited. This has been the case for the 240 years our country has been a nation, and it is part of our republic, our democracy. The people choose and some don't get the person they wanted to win. (Boo hoo. You don't always get what you want in life. Grow up) Believe me, in 2008 and 2012, I was extremely disappointed with the results of our presidential election!  Yet, I accepted the new president with grace and have been praying for him for the past 8 years. From George Washington to the present, there have always been people who didn't like or approve of the incoming president. But, as Americans, we accept the results of our election and continue on.

I don't know what Donald Trump is going to do once he gets into office or what type of president he will be. I can only hope he is a man of his word and that he will put our country's needs above his own fame or gain. To that end, all people of faith should make it a point to pray for him every day. He's going to need our prayers desperately. Remember, it is God who sets up kings and rulers and who removes them. He has put Trump in the Whitehouse. Now, it is up to us to pray for the man.

Yet never in my life have I seen such hostility, such anger, division, hatred and even violence threatened against this man and this inauguration. Never have I seen elected officials refusing to attend the ceremony (Shame on them!), performers refusing to perform, people planning violent protests, even threatening to harm people with acid and gas. (See video below). It blows my mind. And it makes me sadly realize how low our culture has sunk. There seems to be no integrity, no honor, anymore. No ability to accept an opposing opinion or viewpoint without hatred.



You're a communist? Great, let's have a public dialogue about what you believe and what I believe.
You're a globalist and I'm a nationalist? Great, let's talk about why we believe the way we do.
You think Trump is the antichrist? Fine. Tell me why. And let's discuss it peacefully.

Yet, no one seems able to do that anymore. Even on the news talk programs. They just want to shout and call people names and label people racists who don't believe the way they do. Then when they get their feelings hurt, they can run to the "safe zones" the colleges are now setting up. Ridiculous.

Here are just a few of the crazy reports I've seen.

CAIR urges Trump to drop Franklin Graham from inaugural prayers  saying, “Rev. Graham’s ill-informed and extremist views are incompatible with the Constitution and with American values of religious liberty and inclusion.”  huh?

Mexican Terrorists planning attacks on the border on inauguration day

Will there be war on the streets of Washington during the inauguration?
Thousands of police prepare to do battle on inauguration day

Gay dance party planned to sabotage inauguration

18 House Democrats to boycott inauguration

Church won't mention Trump's name for fear of reprisals. 

Singer Jennifer Holliday backs out of preforming at the inauguration, apologizes to LGBT community.

 Now, I have no idea what's going to happen today or in the days that follow, but I do know this. The world is spiraling out of control and we, the saints, need to be in our prayer closets more than we ever have been. Who knows if you have been chosen for such a time as this!!


.

5 comments:

  1. Well written, thank you. The headlines kill me, the verbal attacks on each and every appointee, it all is crazy! The media continues to fan the flames by reporting things that are either unverified or simply not true. I didn't vote for him but I am willing to wait and see how he and his appointees do at their jobs. We need to pray, pray and pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad to see how far our country has fallen. Praying people turn back to God with humble and broken hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MaryLu, you always write the words we need to see.-- as for me-- these very words and thoughts are mine also. I fear for our future generations. What they are being taught in schools, what is ok or not--to feel or believe in, and in our news -or is it ok to just be a different gender because you want to---, is it ok for a young boy of 10 to attend a demonstration and light a fire just because he felt like it and say the four letter swear word on national TV. The hatred and intitlement that our next generation expects. Is that ok also. I could go on and on.
    But I will say-- we need God back in our country. If we do not fervently pray and seek Him - bring Him back into our lives - then we are a lost nation. I pray we are not too late. I will seek Him with all my heart and soul and will pray for my brothers and sisters who can't or won't.
    Thank you my sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It amazes me that with all of today's talk about being 'tolerant' and bullying becoming a hot topic that the news media and celebrities (the very people screaming about these things) are the most disrespectful when it comes to the new president. Talk about hypocrites! I'm thankful that I do live in a free country where I'm allowed to vote for who I want. I was raised to give honor and respect to the 'Office' no matter who sits in the chair. My heartbreaks for our nation experiencing all this hatred and contention. Will definitely be praying for our new President. I know he's not our 'savior', but my Savior has proven time and time again He's in control and I need not fear. Thank you, Mrs. Tyndall, for today’s post.

    ReplyDelete