Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday's Mad Mad World! And Happy Rosh Hashana!


Greetings precious warriors of the Lord!  Happy Rosh Hashana!.

Rosh Hashana or the Feast of Trumpets is the birthday of the universe, the day God created Adam and Eve, and it’s celebrated on the first two days of the Jewish new year, Tishrei 1 and 2, beginning at sundown on the eve of Tishrei 1. Rosh Hashanah 2017 begins at sundown on September 20 and continues through nightfall on September 22 . It is celebrated by candle lighting in the evenings, festive meals with sweet delicacies during the night and day, prayer services that include the sounding of the ram’s horn (shofar) on both mornings, and desisting from creative work.

Jewish names and themes of Rosh Hashana (Feast of Trumpets)

  • Head of the Year
  • Day of the Awakening Blast
  • The Last Trump
  • Day of Remembrance
  • Day of Judgement
  • Day of the coronation of the King
  • The Hidden Day
  • The opening of the gates of Heaven
  • The Wedding of Messiah

Yeah, my jaw dropped too. And yes, I believe the rapture will occur on this "appointment" or feast day one of these years. This year? I don't know. If you're reading this after Saturday, the 23rd, then No. LOL.  But regardless, I believe it's close.

Now, for the news! The things that really struck me this week were all the storms and earthquakes! Now we also have Jose and Maria too

Birth pangs: Earthquakes, pestilences, famines, storms, oh my!

6.1 Earthquake strikes south of New Zealand
Mexico 7.2 Earthquake death toll now exceeds 200
56 Dead 200,000 homeless as floods ravage Niger
Hurricane Maria devastates Puerto Rico and gains strength as it lashes the Dominican Republic
Scientists warn super volcano in Italy ready to blow
Severe storm kills 8, injures 140 in Romania 
Alert level raised for volcano in Bali
Typhoon Talim closing in on Japan
Series of small earthquakes hit my city of San Jose! (no, I didn't feel them)
6.4 Earthquake hits Pacific island Vanuatu
5.7 Earthquake strikes off coast of Java
Blood River, pillar of cloud, plague of locusts -- all happening this year
Puerto Rico could be without power for 6 months
Deadly volcano erupts in Mexico

 

Persecution

Church in Australia threatened to be burned to the ground by LBGTQ group
ACLU demands Sheriff stop sharing Bible verses 


Apostasy

The Anglican church of England is in a death spiral
Worship band preforms AC/DC song during church service 
First church in New Mexico to appoint head gay pastor

Wars and Rumors of Wars

3000 new US troops headed for Afghanistan  
Time is running out on North Korea 
Russia unveils massive military force 
South Korea threatens to wipe out North Korea if provoked 
North Korea fires 2nd missile over Japan in a month 
N. Korea threatens US with nuclear strike and miserable ruin

Terrorism/Violence/Evil/Civil unrest

Cellphone bomb found in luggage in India airport 
Train derailment and food poisoning next on list of Terrorist acts 
Possible South London chemical attack
Violent protests in St. Louis
UK terrorism threat level raised to critical

Sodom and Gomorrah

Must get rid of "boy or girl" labels in clothing for kids
Yale replaces "freshman and upper classman" with gender neutral terms

Signs in the sky

Mysterious flashes of light in skies over LA 
Strange lights spotted above Salt Lake City 
Tomorrow the "great sign" of Revelation 12 appears over Jerusalem 
Even the world is noticing the rare planet/moon formation

Big Brother/Tech/Mark of the Beast

Growing acceptance of microchip implants
Canada begins crackdown on climate denial 
California school warned not to chant "USA" at events
4 in 10 Americans can't name any amendment rights
Conservative websites battle Google bias

Good News!

How the Holy Spirit brought this prodigal daughter home!
Christians outpace FEMA to aid Hurricane victims


Have a blessed Rosh Hashana and a lovely weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Dear MaryLu,
    Another Mad Mad Friday and thank you for all the information you have listed. That takes time and I appreciate you very much. I have felt like I have been sitting in God's Waiting Room for the last two weeks. It seems that the world is topsy turvy and my family has been also. And if there is an area in ones life to cause problems it is with your children-grown up or not - but things hit the Mother button and you fall into that Mommy mode. So dealing with that-- distraction from the horrible hurricanes and earthquakes and world craziness-- I was in the Waiting Room and not liking it one bit! Needless to say-God and I talked, I cried and caught myself saying--"but God,I". Yes I , I , I, -- and then I lost the -"I can fix this" attitude and through my tears-- Turned everything over to God and wondered if He was shaking His head in disbelief that Again I ran ahead of Him thinking I could fix the problem between my son and his son. So - I am out of the waiting room, learned a valuable lesson -once again. God is in control of all things. Prayer and being an encourager and trusting is all I am to do. God will fix this problem between father and son.
    Now to this fascinating post-- all I can say -- Oh my word! On the larger scale-- we can pray that eyes will be open to the fact that what is going on around the world is not normal. We can pray for our President and the members in our government . Pray for other World leaders --But most of all we need to pray for our family members, friends and people we might come across who are lost in the darkness of this world. Our teachers to feel nudged to be teachers that teach and not convert our children to sinful things . We need to be on our knees and pray and for those like me that cannot kneel-- kneel with our hearts. I want all who I know and love and even those I do not know to be with Jesus Christ-- but most of all I want to be with Him and not in any Waiting Room. And when the time comes-- MaryLu -- I will look for you💕💕💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsie, I'm so sorry to hear of your recent struggles! I agree with you whole-heartedly that our children can sometimes be the most difficult situations in our lives. It's because we are Moms and we love them beyond measure. Like it sounds like you are, I am too often a control freak who wants to "fix" everything. I want to rush in and put on a bandaid and give them an icecream, but when they are older, that no longer works. The hardest thing for me has been relinquishing control of my children and grandkids over to the Lord. In fact, it's something I have to do quite often. I'm lifting up a prayer for you, Elsie, right now.
      Regarding the world.. I agree, things are accelerating fast. I had hoped we'd be snatched out of here by now, but the Lord has other plans and more work for us to do. But when we are finally taken home, you can bet I will look for you too, and give you a big hug!

      Delete
  2. AwwwwHugs back at ya 💕💕💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete