Monday, January 18, 2021

Do You Trust Me? Says the Lord. It's Time to Prove It!

 

 I've been talking to the Lord a lot lately, and like many of you, I feel like something big is right around the corner. Perhaps this week, perhaps not, but something evil lurks on the horizon. Recently I've had the sense that the Lord is saying that it's time for His people to prove that they actually believe the Words they have recited in the Scriptures for years and years. It's so easy to sing worship songs about trusting God and how faithful He is, and quite another to be put in a situation where you have no food, shelter, or water and your life is in danger AND then to trust God. I'm not saying things will get that bad, but I'm saying from what I'm hearing our lives here in America will never be the same. 
 
Before the faithful few who follow Jesus are rescued from this place, we may see some hard times. This is how the Lord separates the wheat from the chaff, the true believers from the false, the ones who know their God from the ones who play church. Which are you?
 
It's okay to feel fear. It's a natural emotion that we cannot help. But it's what we do with that fear that matters. Do we bring it to the Lord? Do we get into His Word and claim His promises over us and our families? Or do we sink deeper into a quagmire of despair and doom? 
 

The Lord Jesus asks you now

 
Do you believe I will protect you from the evil one?   
 
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.  2 Thessalonians 3:3
 
Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you Luke 10:19 

No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord
. Isaiah 54:17
 
Do you believe that I will always be with you and will never leave you
 
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”  Deuteronomy 31:6
 
For the LORD your God is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.’  Deuteronomy 20:4
 
Even to your old age, I am He,
And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver you.
Isaiah 46:4
 
Do you believe I will give you strength and uphold you
 
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10
 
Do you believe I will deliver you from ALL your troubles
 
The righteous person may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all;  Psalm 34:19
 
Do you believe I AM your refuge
 
 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Psalm 46:1 
 
Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.  Psalm 57:1
 
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10-12
 
Do you believe that I will preserve your life in the midst of trouble
 
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.  Psalm 138:7 
 
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;  persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.  2 Corinthians 4:8-9 
 
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.  Isaiah 43:2
 
 
Do you believe I will save you from all your enemies?
 
My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent people you save me.  “I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and have been saved from my enemies.  2 Samuel 22:3-4 
 
 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  Psalm 23:4-5 
 
And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen!  2 Timothy 4:18 
 
Do you believe I will keep you from harm and watch over your life?
 
He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.  The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life;  the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.  Psalm 121:3-8 
 
Do you believe I AM for you and can conquer all your enemies?
 
What then shall we say to these things? If God  is for us, who can be] against us?  Romans 8:31
 
So we may boldly say: “The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”  Hebrews 13:6 
 
These are only a FEW of the many promises of the Lord to protect His children. How do we know we are His children? Because we love Him and follow Him and His Spirit cries out within us that we are His. 
 
So when things start to fall apart and you begin to fear, the best thing to do is read over these Scriptures (and others!)  and not just read them, but recite them out loud. Remind the Lord of His promises! Remind Him He said He would never leave you and that He would help you through ALL your troubles. Remind Him! He loves to honor His Word!
 
I hope this has brought you some comfort and peace in the midst of the storm. I encourage you to either bookmark this page or jot down these Scriptures and have them handy.   

And keep looking up!  The worse things get, the closer we are to our seeing our Prince!



5 comments:

  1. Thank you, MaryLu, great reminders and selection of Scripture. Did you watch JD Farag's prophecy update yesterday. Excellent teaching on David and the Big Ugly Giant ;-). I am reminded of Jesus' prayer for Peter when He told him he would be tested: "I have prayed that your faith would not fail." ! Yes, that is the bottom line. We may suffer danger, deprivation, loss, fear in the meantime. But in the end what matters? Our faith. Our determination to say, with Job, "Yea, though you slay me, yet will I trust in you." Our determination to say God is our Rock, our Stronghold, our Refuge, our Light, our Salvation, in Him will we trust. So we pray for courage, strength, perseverance, loyalty, discernment, truth and boldly declare, "God is good--all the time--always!" May we, like Stephen, get a glimpse of Heaven if it comes to that, while we wait for our King. Thank you for your weekly musings, teachings, and encouragements! Blessings, Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did see Farag's David lesson. Excellent as always! And a great reminder that our God is bigger than any giant we face. I pray for all of us, God's children, to have the faith and boldness of David as we face the giants of today.
      Blessings to you, Judi!

      Delete
  2. Totally agree with Judi. Thanks for bringing a fresh perspective to the word. Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the verses. I did a screen shot of some of them.
    Yes, JD's sermon was fantastic! I made sure I took notes on it. Very timely and David sets a good example for us.
    Blessings to you sis!

    ReplyDelete