Monday, February 1, 2021

The Lord Shall Preserve you from ALL Evil!

 
These are truly frightening times. I've been approached by many of you who are expressing fear at what's happening in the world and what is coming upon the world!  One thing I do caution people is not to spend too much time on the news or even investigating too deeply into the evil world system. It's good to know what's going on, and we should, but the majority of our thoughts need to be on things above and on Jesus! That's the only way we can have real peace! 
 
Some of you may remember a post I did awhile ago about the connection between the Psalms and the years starting in 1900. This was written about in a book by J.R. Church and also in a study by Pastor Mark Correll. It really does appear that the Psalms, at least some of them, prophesied about things that would happen in the corresponding year. With that in mind, I wanted to bring to your attention Psalm 121. It may interest you to know that Psalms 120-134 are called the Psalms of Ascent, of going up steps, of going up to worship!
 
If Psalm 120 is prophetic about the year 2020, then the first 2 verses certainly fit last year
 
In my distress I cried to the Lord,
And He heard me.
Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips
And from a deceitful tongue.

 
So, the Lord led me to read Psalm 121 again. It is such a beautiful Psalm and so appropriate for the time we are living in and for the fear that surrounds us. 
 
I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth. 
 
This reminded me of when Jesus said in Luke 21:28
 
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh
 
Back to Psalm 121
 
He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep. 
 
The Hebrew word for "moved" above is mowt which means shaking, wavering, as with a pole or bar or a yoke that is carrying something heavy. In other words, you may feel weighed down by the evil of this world and you may feel like you can't stand it any more, but the Lord will not allow you to even shake or tremble. He will NOT allow it to be too heavy for you! 
 
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night. 
 
This reminded me of when God pours out his wrath on man during the Tribulation
 
And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.  And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. Revelation 16:8-9 
 
In other words, the Lord will not let His children suffer His wrath. 
Keeper in Hebrew means to guard, keep, watch, protect, and preserve! 
 
The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.
 
Same word Preserve here in these verses. Evil is the word RA and means trouble, harm, affliction, hurt, wickedness. Notice the word ALL, not some, not half, not 99% but all!
 
MaryLu translation of Psalm 121
 
My children, I know times are troublesome and evil is growing, keep your eyes on Me, keep your eyes above, because that is where your help comes from. I know your burdens, and I will never allow them to become too heavy so that you tremble and shake and can't carry them. I never sleep. I always have my eyes on you. I will not allow you, my children, to endure the wrath I have prepared for this evil world. I will keep watch over you, protect you, and preserve you safe until I come to get you. Trust in Me! 
 
Seems like Psalm 121 is very prophetic of what is happening this year!
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi MaryLu Tyndall
    I saw your blog and Profile. I am editor of Indian Newspaper "Bahishkrit Bharat". I am interested to publish your Article in English and Hindi for 130 Crore Indian People. I hope you will be interested to be voice of 100 crore Excluded Indians.

    please Contact us by email
    www.bahishkritbharat.co.in
    email- bahishkritbharat1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself quoting this Psalm A LOT lately. Thanks for the break down and offering your translation. :-)

    ReplyDelete