Monday, March 29, 2021

The Doctrine of Demons: Once Saved Always Saved

 
Let's see what the Bible has to say about Eternal Security
 
 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Hebrews 10:26-31
 
In that same chapter

“For yet a little while,
And He who is coming will come and will not tarry.
Now the just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”
But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.
 
For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.” 2 Peter 2:20-22
 
I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth Revelation 3:15
 
I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned John 15:5-6
 
Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. Behold, I am coming quickly! Revelation 3:10 
 
Well, you say, I "believe" in Jesus. That is the only command I need to keep. I trust Him for my salvation. Great, I say. Do you know what believe means?  In the Greek it means pisteuō, which translated means to COMMIT TO, Fidelity.  
 
Let's look at this verse in the Old Testament. In Chapter 1 of Deuteronomy, the Lord is chastising the Jews for their rebellion. He lists all the things He did for them, then says this in verse 32.
 
 Yet, for all that, you did not believe the Lord your God
 
Okay, so what does "believe" mean here in this Scripture? It doesn't mean believe in the sense we think of it. Of course the Israelites believed in God! They knew He existed. The Word Believe here means being faithful! 

What is Fidelity? Look it up, it means loyalty, being faithful, a strict observance of duties.

Therefore believing in Jesus is more than knowing He exists and believing He died and rose again. It is being faithful to Him, as in a marriage. It means being loyal to follow Him and be obedient.

Why do I keep posting about this? Because most pastors and Bible teachers today are teaching their church the opposite! That once you say a prayer and "receive" Jesus into your heart, you can live anyway you want and still be saved. This is a lie from the pit of hell.  And my fear is that many many believers will not make the rapture and especially not end up in heaven. 

But everyone sins! You might say. Yes, we all do. Every day. But is it deliberate, purposeful, and planned or is it just a slip-up? Do you repent of your sin as soon as the Holy Spirit convicts you and move on or do you never get on your knees and ask God's forgiveness? We all struggle with sin, but is our struggle leading us to conquer it or do we just continue in it?  But Jesus' Blood covers all my sin, past, present, and future! Yes! But you must repent!  Read Revelation chapters 1-3 and listen to what Jesus tells the churches!  Repent doesn't just mean saying you're sorry and doing the same sin again the next day. It means changing your ways, being obedient to the ONE who paid the price for all your sins. Being faithful. I could list a ton more Scriptures, but I'll just mention one more. 
 
The Parable of the Ten Virgins. (Matthew 25)
 
The 10 Virgins went out to meet the Bridegroom. They all had oil in their lamps and heard the cry that He was coming soon. The Bridegroom is Jesus and the cry was to alert them that He was returning soon. Therefore, we can assume that all ten believed in Jesus and His return. Interesting to note that they all fell asleep waiting, but only half ran out of oil. Oil is the Holy Spirit. In other words, 5 of the Virgins must have done something which made God's Spirit leave them or be grieved, or at the very least, they didn't maintain a close walk with the Lord and ended up compromising with the world. They went off to get more oil and Jesus came, took in the 5 Faithful Women and shut the door. 
 
Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’  But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’  Matthew 25:11

Don't let that be you! You're scaring me, you say. Good! I hope I'm scaring you enough to open your Bible and find out the truth for yourself and get alone with Jesus and make sure His Holy Spirit lives strong in you. It's NOT about works. It's about a relationship, which then expresses itself in obedience. Don't be left behind!  

Time is short.

“Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. Matthew 25:13
 

8 comments:

  1. Amen Marylu! I totally agree with you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe if you are really saved, nothing will separate you from God. HE won’t let that happen. He will draw you back into the fold. So if you can go out from him, and not come back, you weren’t really his to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, yes, I hear you. I'm battle with this concept too. I just read the Scriptures and it seems that a person can be saved as in the person in the first Scripture who is "sanctified" which means he was made holy unto God.. and of course the vines who are grafted into Jesus and the Virgins with the oil of the Holy Spirit. There are others. Honestly, I'd love to believe as you do, but some Scriptures seem to contradict. But yes, God never stops trying to bring people back who have wandered away. I'm a prime example of that! Thank God He never gave up on me!. Plus, God knows the future, so He already knows those who will return to Him. Blessings!

      Delete
    2. Yes, either way, I am glad he is merciful and gives us plenty of chances. I am grateful every day that he has been so patient with me. I grew up in a church that taught the repeat after me prayer for salvation. So even though I can’t tell you when I finally truly got saved, praise God that I am. So many never make it past the false doctrines they are taught unfortunately. And now, those people line up for the jab without a second thought. It’s heartbreaking.

      Delete
    3. Without His mercy, I'd already be dead. He does give us many changes. In fact, I don't think he ever gives up until our last breath. What a wonderful God! But like you said, so many don't truly know Him... I know so many now who are taking the poison too. God help them.. and this world. Come, Lord Jesus!

      Delete
  3. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.” 2 Peter 2:20-22
    This scripture here has been seared in my heart. To walk away from the love and fellowship with Christ I couldn't think of anything worse. Jesus is my life line, He is the ONE thing in this world that I am sure of. So many have been like the seeds fallen on shallow soil... the cares of the world have taken over their lives. This is NOT my home, only walking through this world hanging on to the hand of Jesus, no matter what comes my way, it's the only WAY for me. He is my ROCK of SALVATION and the Love of my life... Thank You Jesus It's very clear what you have posted here MaryLu it's about relationship and obedience to the Father. His law is LOVE and for our protection. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cillie! Like you, there's NO WAY I could ever leave my Savior. Where would I go? Where would I find such love, joy, peace, and protection? No where but in His arms. Everything else is sinking sand. Bless you Sis!

      Delete