Monday, April 12, 2021

Your First Day in Heaven!

 

In praying about what to write today, the Lord reminded me of how weary His Bride is and how we all feel a little depressed about the state of the world. He wanted me to remind you to be strong, and that your strength doesn't come from you but from Him. AND from His Joy.  What is Joy? It is not happiness, which is fleeting and depends on circumstance. Joy is a deep inner peace, hope, and faith in the One Who loves us more than we know. Joy doesn't depend on circumstances or wealth or health or anything this world has to offer. Joy comes only from the Lord. 
 
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. Psalm 28:7
 
Joy is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit which grows in us as we walk with Jesus. That joy, then becomes our strength. 
 
Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10
 
Hence, I thought that today we'd take a glimpse into our future (our soon future) and keep our thoughts off of this evil world and on the inheritance which waits for us! Most of these observations come from people of God who have visited heaven  in visions and dreams. Other things come directly from Scripture. Be blessed and realize that soon, you will experience these things, and they will be much better than my silly words here can describe.
 
The Shofar blows, the Rapture occurs. You find yourself standing on a cloud with thousands and hundreds of thousands of people. Everyone is touching their bodies, looks of shock and joy on their faces. They can't believe they are no longer old, wrinkled, in pain, or tired. Those who were sick in bed are completely healthy. Those who were bent with age are young, strong, and beautiful. Those with missing limbs have them again! Those long since dead have new bodies! You look around at all the people. Everyone is laughing, smiling, hugging each other. Everyone is praising Jesus. 
 
Then, you hear His voice. You know His voice because you are His sheep, and His sheep follow His voice. You rush toward Him, waiting your turn to bow at His feet. You finally reach Him. He smiles and lovingly touches your face. The unique and intense love in His eyes for you causes you to fall at His feet, crying. He gently lifts you up and embraces you so tight, you are overwhelmed with joy. "Welcome home, beloved one. I've been waiting for you." You feel as though you have finally come home. You are safe and loved. You never want to leave, but others need their hug too.
 
You are led upward now. You can fly! It takes awhile to get used to, but you finally land in a massive field of grass and flowers waving in a gentle wind, lifting their leaves and petals in praise. You hear music coming from the flowers as they sing to God, the most beautiful sound you've ever heard.
 
A city of light sits on a hill in the distance. Family members who have gone before you rush toward you from that city. Laughing and giggling, they embrace you. Beloved pets who died come bouncing over the field and into your arms. You are so filled with joy, you feel about to burst

 Angels appear, assigned to each family and person. They lead you into the heavenly city. It is the largest city you have every seen and more beautiful than anyone could imagine. The streets are gold, the buildings made of sparkling crystal. Glistening steams flow everywhere. People are walking about going about their business as they would on any city street, laughing and talking, eating at restaurants, visiting stores. You are amazed at how normal it feels, yet so unlike anything you've experienced. There are layers of streets and houses that go up as far as you can see. Trees with delicious-looking fruit are everywhere, along with exotic flowers you've never seen. There's a scent, sweet and pure that fills the air and a gentle sound of music that puts you at ease.
 
Your house is perfectly designed for your tastes and desires. You can hardly believe how wonderful it is. But you can't stay long. You've been summoned to the throne room. Something amazing is about to happen. Instantly you are there. Millions of people surround you. You strain to get a glimpse, but the light coming from the throne blinds you. The Apostle John's description of the place could not compare with the sight before you. A mighty sea of crystalline glass spreads from the throne. Four blazing lamp stands are perched around it. You want to fall on your knees and worship, but music starts and a heavenly choir begins to praise Almighty God. You know the words and join in. How, you have no idea. The sound swirls around you and takes on a life of its own.  The throne pulsates in every color of the rainbow. Four strange creatures whirl about singing "Holy, Holy, Holy". Thousands of angels spread back in rows as far as your eye can see. The scene overwhelms you. 
 
Then all becomes quiet. A hush settles over the crowd. A hand emerges from the light of the throne, a scroll in its grip.  A booming voice thunders through the room.

"Who is worthy to open the Scroll and break its seals?"

Silence reigns. In the distance, someone weeps. You remember this scene from the Bible. Your heart races. You search the throne for a glimpse of Him. There he is, emerging from the light, Jesus! He extends His hands where the nails had been, shows His feet where the wounds remained. His visage transforms from a lamb to a lion then back to Jesus Himself. He takes the scroll from His Father.

The room erupts in praise! Twenty-four elders come forward with harps in their hands and bowls of incense and fall prostrate before Jesus. Then the four living creatures, the elders, the angels and all the saints sing a new song.

“Worthy and deserving is the Lamb that was sacrificed to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!”

The sound is amazing. Everyone is in tune. Everyone is shouting praise until the entire throne room rocks and is filled with light and the sweet smell of incense. You are so excited, you can hardly stand in place. You want to run forward and embrace your Savior, but you know now is not the time. 

The worship goes on for quite a while. You never grow weary, and you are sad when it ends. But silence finally comes. Jesus takes the scroll and breaks the first seal. A deep voice booms from one of the four living creatures. "Come!" 

A white horse appears out of the smoke whose rider carries a bow; and a crown of victory is given to him, and he rides forth conquering and to conquer.

The Antichrist.
 
The Tribulation on earth has begun. Your heart sinks for a moment as you remember those you left behind, but then a voice emanates from the throne. 
 
"Never fear, beloved ones, I have heard your prayers. All things will work together for good, for you chose to love Me and you answered My call and served my purposes on earth. Therefore, enter into your rest. Now go, prepare yourself for the wedding of the lamb and the great feast!"
 
Excitement buzzes through you! A wedding! A feast! Everyone disperses to their homes to prepare, chattering, laughing, rejoicing. You want to pinch yourself to make sure you aren't dreaming. Are you finally here? With Jesus, forever? You gather your family members and head home, singing praises to the Lamb and filled with great anticipation for a wonderful eternity with your Savior and with Father God!
 
Then the angel showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. There will no longer exist anything that is cursed because sin and illness and death are gone; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve and worship Him with great awe and joy and loving devotion. They will be privileged to see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.  And there will no longer be night; they have no need for lamplight or sunlight, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign as kings forever and ever.  Revelation 22:1-5  AMP
 
 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take and drink the water of life without cost.....
 
“Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

 
 

26 comments:

  1. Love this, MaryLu! What a delightful change from all the "current events" I read everyday. Brought tears to my eyes. Soon and very soon we are goin' to see our King! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah, we're goin' to see our King! Blessings, dear lady. Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that song, Judi! I sing it all the time! Yeah I just thought the saints needed to be reminded what our future is. I'm sure my words don't in any way do the event justice! Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Pretty accurate description of what heaven will be like for those who believe. Really encouraging and a nice break from the things going on now. Still need that too but so nice to think about where we are going instead of where we are now. Bless you. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, yes I thought it might help to think about our glorious future!

      Delete
  3. I am crying. This is beautiful. Come, LORD Jesus!
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post could not have come at a better time!! It brought tears to my eyes! I cannot wait to experience this! Thank you Marylu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this encouraging post. I love the part about pets. I have lost a few, and have a 14 year old pug right now. I have prayed for her to be raptured with us soon. So many pastors say pets don’t go to heaven.🙄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wrong... these pastors. Yes, there's nothing in Scripture about it, but I know a very very trustworthy pastor who was taken to heaven in a vision and saw his pet monkey and dog who had both died. Why wouldn't the Lord do that for us? Of course He's going to reunite us with our beloved pets!

      Delete
  6. This gave me such joy and excitement and contentment in such a depressing time. I so needed this. I attended a church yesterday that said the word vaccination more times than Jesus. I was so depressed. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, Katy Lee. Is this church encouraging the V? I'm so sorry. Truly we live in the last days. The Laodicean church is in full throttle

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much, hun! It was a beautiful depiction.🤗
    Love,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this!! As all of the others, this could not have come at a better time. This world is so sad and depressing; I am going through some health issues and recently lost my kitty, which was quite difficult to handle, and at this point I am told that I cannot receive some medical tests that are required unless I be tested for Covid first, which I have refused due to my beliefs of this virus being a lie and a deception. I was worried when I went to bed last night and then asked God to take my worries so that I could rest, remembering His words. I slept then deeply. Praise the Lord! He is alive and with us always. I know that things will work out for me, He will come for us soon, and I will see my beloved kitty again, along with the others I have lost in the past. I, too, have tears and excitement in waiting for this glorious day!! Thank you MaryLu, for your kind words and visions of the future. I hope to see you there and thank you then for all you do!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the Lord wanted me to write this. I knew many people needed to be comforted in these times. I'm so sorry about your kitty. Just picture her leaping through a field of flowers, chasing butterflies and waiting for your arrival! May the Lord comfort you, give you wisdom, and good sleep. He truly does care for us! Hugs

      Delete
  9. Thank you for sharing. I read it to my mama who lives with me and is on her last journey there. We found great comfort in this and it was a reminder of an experience she had when she had surgery for a broken hip and saw heaven. What a glorious day that will be. I appreciate you and your voice for God. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you and your Mom, Lucy!! See you soon!!

      Delete
  10. So... is this the beginning of a Novel, ;) or is it the prayers and hopes we the Bride, are about to witness, like ASAP? Because like you mentioned MaryLu we are all getting so weary and this Labor has to end... This read like the beginning of a beautiful story. I could so envision every bit of this, having read Revelations enough to see this unfold. I am so excited for this day. I loved Jesus looking into each one of our eyes with all that LOVE He has for us. And then imagining walking down those streets with people sitting around playing music here, or in cafes waving at one another. I think of when I was in Barcelona, walking the Las Ramblas. So many fine foods everywhere, people happy, mimes entertaining, with Buskers on the side. Take away the sin, crime and only have the love of God there, what a wonderful place it would be. I loved that description of Heavenly streets. I hope you don't mind, I printed this off to send to my ninety year old Mama, as she's so close to seeing this, Rapture or a solo trip to Heaven. This is so exciting. Thanks for sharing this Sister!! May the Lord continue to inspire you with these Heavenly hopes. God's eternal love Cillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cillie, No.. not the beginning of a novel.. just something the Lord put on my heart. Yes, indeed, more our hopes and prayers of what we will soon witness! I'm glad it inspired you. I hope it blesses your Mom. My Mom is turning 88 this month! She's ready!

      Delete
  11. Hi MaryLu I was kidding about the novel, but it sure had the right words for a great book. I pray you are feeling well. I have really been struggling. Not sure what's going on. If it has anything to do with the altered skies above, but others I know seem to be going through similar things. Short term memory almost gone this week, I'd fail a drunk driving test as my legs don't seem to be cooperating with my brain. Others complaining of vertigo worse than usual. I say, Heaven please open the door!! Too many I know in the hospital or close to going in for serious things. I know I may be off here, but I'm thinking that stinking devil is just finding another way to go after the saints. Nothing like intense pain for hours or days to get us talking to God. Some loose faith when this happens... I've really had to work hard to help lift about six folks I love right now going through so much suffering... I hope this is just the last labor pains, cause I'll be going solo if this keeps up, the body is WEARY and my Spirit so beat up by the condition of the world. Anyhow intensity anyone??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cillie, I will pray for you. I haven't been completely well either, but nothing like you are experiencing. Perhaps you got a mild case of this stupid virus? I would recommend testing but even the test they give is faulty. I am praying for you, dear Sister. So many are suffering. Don't give up. Hang in there. Keep in the Word and in prayer. Try eating really healthy, fresh organic fruits and veggies. They put so many chemicals in our food and water. the Bride is very weary and just when we think Jesus isn't coming to save us, He will show up! I promise!

      Delete
  12. Beautifully written! Come Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete