Monday, May 24, 2021

How to tell if you're going in the Rapture (and/or if you are truly saved)

Saints, there's a ton of false teaching out there, some even from Godly reputable preachers who say that everyone who ever received Jesus or believes in Jesus is saved and will go in the rapture. They cite various Scriptures that talk about grace, mercy, God's forgiveness, how no one can snatch us from God's hand, how we are sealed to the Day of Redemption, etc..  ALL great passages. But I always caution people not to pluck out a few Scriptures here and there to suit your beliefs, while not looking at Scripture as a whole. 

I don't believe everyone who believes in Jesus is going in the rapture. Some people call this doctrine The Partial Rapture theory. I actually hate that term because it implies that Jesus isn't coming for His entire Bride, but rather a "worthy" portion. That's not at all what the Bible says or what I believe.  If He were only coming for those worthy enough, then that would be a works based Gospel. Nothing we can do as far as works go can ever "Save" us. Only the blood of Jesus can do that.

I'm listing several posts below I have already made on this topic, complete with Scripture references for further study.

All those who are truly saved will be raptured! From the homeless bum on the street to the evangelist preaching in the pulpit. It doesn't matter.

If I had to boil down what it means to be saved, and hence raptured, I would use this simple phrase. You must have a relationship with Jesus. This is not just a "belief" or a prayer now and then, or even reading a casual devotion each morning. it's actually quite simple.

As an example: Let's say there's a famous person you have an obsession with. Perhaps it's an historical figure or a current movie star or singer or even a world leader. Let's just choose a movie star. So you read every book or magazine article about that person. You know all about their childhood, their parents, where they grew up, their education, when they got their first breaks, all their films, accolades, awards, and friends. You know who they married, how many marriages, what children they had. You follow their every move on the internet, social media, and in TV and Movie appearances. You feel like you know them! You feel like you are best friends with them! Right? So, one day you are walking down the street and there they are, walking right toward you heading into a restaurant. You dash up to him or her and you greet them like you would a long, lost friend, but to your utter dismay, they turn to face you with a look of confusion and maybe disgust and they say. "I don't know you. Please leave me alone." 

This is exactly what many Christians do to Jesus. They know every thing about Him. They've read the Gospels, the entire Bible even. They've listened to countless sermons, done a thousand Bible Studies, maybe even taught some of those Bible studies or even preached from a pulpit! Maybe they've even preformed miracles in Jesus's name or evangelized and brought others to Him. 

But they don't have a real relationship with Jesus. He doesn't know them or recognize them. (Yes, He's God and He knows who they are, but they have never really taken the time to know Him)

 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day when I judge them, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them publicly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me you are banished from My presence, you who act wickedly, disregarding My commands.’

The Word for "knew" in Jesus's statement, "I never knew you," is the Greek Word ginōskō  which is more than a casual acquaintance.  It means to understand, to come to know, to learn to know. It is also a Jewish idiom for the intimacy of a sexual union.  

The word for "wickedly" is anomia, which means violation of law, unrighteousness. But these people obviously believed in Jesus and even used His name to preform miracles. Yet, they had NO relationship with Him. I find it interesting that there seems to be a strong connection between having a real relationship with Jesus and righteousness.

One more thing that I find very telling is found in Matthew 24 where Jesus is describing the rapture  

At that time two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one will be left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left. vs 40-41

Do you know what the Greek word for Left is? aphiēmi  and it means as a husband divorcing his wife. 

When we accept Jesus as Lord, we are getting engaged to Him. We are promising ourselves to be His and only His and to be faithful to Him. Ancient Jewish customs of marriage were such that an engagement was as good as a marriage vow and just as binding, yet without the sexual union. The man went away to his father's house to build on a room for he and his new bride. When he was finished, he'd wait for his father to give him the nod, and then he'd go get her and they'd have the actual marriage ceremony and celebration.  However, if the woman was unfaithful during the time of engagement, the man could divorce her and break things off. This is what that word means here. Hence, Jesus is describing someone who committed themselves to Him once, but who had not remained faithful. 

You may have said a prayer once to receive Jesus. You might read your Bible. You might believe He exists. But do you know Him? Do you talk to Him often? Do you hear from Him? Does He lead you and guide you? Do you sense His Holy Spirit? Do you feel like you know Him more than you did the first day you believed? Has your love for Him grown? Do you love His Word and spending time with Him?  It's a two-way relationship! Yes, I know it's not easy to converse with someone you can't hear, see, or touch in this dimension, but it can be done. It's hard, but Jesus wants you to press in, to spend time with Him. Be still and know He is God and wait for Him to lead you, to comfort you, to fill you with joy and peace! 

The good news is, it's not too late. It takes but a minute to stop what you're doing, find a spot alone and just start talking to Him. He's waiting to hear from you! He loves you as if you were His only child!

You see, what happens when you develop a relationship with Jesus is that sin slowly but surely no longer is appealing to you. It may take awhile if you're a new follower, but you should start to detest anything that Jesus hates. We all still struggle with sin now and then, but those who know Jesus hate it. The world and all its pleasures no longer excite us. They no longer are appealing. Pleasing our Lord and being obedient to Him is all that matters. 

If that's not you. If sin still has a strong appeal to you. If you feel like you really don't know Jesus at all, click away from this post and get alone with Him now. Ask Him to change your heart. Ask Him to show you how to have a close relationship with Him. Repent and submit your all to Him. I guarantee, He'll run to you with open arms!





 

20 comments:

  1. Mary Lu, I would be interested to know what you do with those verses you cited that shows that no one can snatch us from his hand, that we are sealed until the day of redemption., etc. Jesus clearly says, “I never knew you.” Not, well we used to hang out, but drifted apart. Sorry, got to disagree with that one, with all due respect. And yes, I have a personal relationship with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I went through years of demonic harassment, and had to learn spiritual warfare. If there is one crystal clear take away for me, it’s that the Shed blood of Jesus is EVERYTHING. It has supernatural power. It is wrong to add to it. I couldn’t even forgive my own father without God’s help. I can do NOTHING without him.

      Delete
    2. I agree Cheryl! Nothing and no one can snatch us from the Lord's Hand! It has nothing to do with works. You're right, we can't even forgive someone without the Lord's help. He is everything. However, the Scripture is very clear. We can walk away from the Lord. We can jump out of His hand. He doesn't take our free will once we get saved. I've written about this numerous times.. I'll try to find those posts. This is not my opinion, but is all over Scripture. Tons of passages say that we must remain faithful to the Lord... it has nothing to do with works, but with faithfulness, love, having a relationship with Him, doing our best to be obedient to His Word. Hebrews 6 comes to mind but there are others. The books of James and the epistles of John too.. Also the first few chapters of Revelation. Didn't mean to upset you. I know this is a hot topic for most.. but the Bible is clear. And yes, We can do nothing without Him. But we can walk away from Him.

      Delete
    3. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 1 John 2:19

      Delete
    4. Cheryl, I understand I hit a sore spot, and I'm sorry. I'm just reporting what the Scripture says. This has been an age-old debate among theologians. Yes, I agree.. John is talking about false prophets.. and yes, there are many false converts in the church. I encourage you to read Hebrews 6:4-5 and Hebrews 10:26-29 and Revelation 1-3. In Revelation Jesus is talking to the Church.. to believers and telling them if they aren't faithful, He's going to spit them out of His mouth or leave them in the Tribulation. I don't want to argue with you. This is not about works. It's about being faithful.. as in a marriage. Here's a couple of posts I wrote about it awhile back. https://www.marylutyndall.com/2019/11/law-vs-works-once-saved-always-saved-or.html And https://www.marylutyndall.com/search?q=once+saved+always+saved It's all about a marriage ... being faithful, having no other gods before Jesus. Even Jesus said that if you don't take up your cross and follow Him, you're not worthy of Him. Sending blessings your way!

      Delete
    5. I don’t want to argue either Mary Lu, but I just know that he is faithful, even when we are not. I am sure we all get certain things wrong. That’s why there are so many denominations. People just interpret things differently. But someday we will all see everything clearly.
      In my own life, I had a crisis of faith when my husband died. It was so bad that I consulted a psychic to try to reach him. What I got instead was a nightmare. Eventually, I found a deliverance minister. You know what was cool? He said, I am not worried about you, you are being protected. You are saved. They haven’t laid a finger on you because they can’t. I was the adulterous woman, and yet, Jesus never left. So believe what you choose on this issue, and I will do the same. I will still love you as my sister in Christ. Blessings.

      Delete
    6. Cheryl, I'm so sorry about your husband. And yes, you are protected! Jesus never leaves us. I truly believe all of that! You never left Him... I should tell you my demon story sometime. :-) Someday soon, yes, we will see all things clearly. Especially the beautiful face of our precious Jesus! Can't wait. Sending much love and hugs to you!

      Delete
    7. MaryLu the Rambling Rose here! When I was six I asked Jesus into my heart and had a relationship with Him until I was 15, when I got pregnant. I would not except the reason for this, as my fault, no repentance for my sin... At that young age, I felt God allowed it to happen to me. I was so angry at Him as this just about destroyed my life and really messed up my relationship with my Aunt who adopted my son. It also caused so much conflict with the rest of the family. I told God, He was obviously not listening to my prayers by "allowing" this to happen! I did nothing but curse at Him for eight years and would tell people I was an atheist. I would get angry if anyone tried to talk to me about Jesus. Until I flew out the back of a pickup at 23 and was screaming GOD HELP ME at the top of my lungs and actually survived, I have to question where I was during those 8 years. Being right in the middle of the Hippy movement, I was so full of sin, I chased it and cursed God. I was so bitter. I said I was an atheist, yet blamed everything wrong in my life or the world on HIM. I was often drunk from one party to another and foolishly slept with men. I often wonder, was I saved then? Or was I so fallen away from Jesus, that I would NOT have Raptured. I think when I flew out of the truck and honestly sought Him and the truth, I became redeemable. But truly have to wonder about those 8 years... I was so lost... and bitter... I praise God for getting my attention by allowing me to fall out of that truck as it was the biggest turning point in my life, where I sought after Jesus with all my heart since and love Him more than words can ever say. I am covered in His saving Blood and fully claim the honor of being one of His Brides. I remain faithful and try to be more pleasing to Him every day. I want Him pleased with this Bride who only wants to be true to Him and not of this world anymore... I don't know why I was compelled to write this and if it helped at all, but this is just what came out of me. Sorry for the length. God's peace, wisdom and love be upon us all...

      Delete
  2. I agree Marylu! There are many in churches who don’t yet understand spiritual intimacy like John talks about in 1john 3:19-21. We must get alone with God.
    Once we know him though, I agree with Cheryl nothing can snatch us from his hands. He gives us this assurance when we are alone with him.
    I love your posts Marylu. Thank you for taking the time to write each week ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I agree with Cheryl too. If we know Him and abide in Him, NOTHING can ever take us from Him. Absolutely! Yes, there's a verse in Romans 8 I believe that our spirit connects with His Spirit and cries "Abba" or something like that. Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this post as always!
    I also saw that there is supposed to be a blood moon on May 26th. Pretty exciting given that the blood moon represents a precursor to something big that will be happening. I know we have had a few blood moons in the last few years. Perhaps, God willing, the Rapture is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I heard about the blood moon and other signs happening around this Wednesday. All I can say is, I'm ready! Come get me! :-)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful post, Marylu. I loved the "engagement" part. It actually gave me an excitement I had been losing for a few months. Waiting can do that to us, but reading it today reminded me I am engaged!!!!! :) And yes, I hate sin so much. It makes me ill, especially when it's brought into my home by my family...and of course, myself when I slip. I repent immediately and get back into alignment with the plans He has for me, and I seek Jesus for direction daily. Right now he is showing me ways the world tries to derail me. Things that seem innocent but take my eyes off him for a moment. Being blotted out of the Book of Life is a fearful notion, but we have the promise that if we are in the Book of Life, Jesus will direct us away from folly, and I see him doing that with me daily. He is so good. However, if someone doesn't have Jesus directing them, then perhaps their name isn't in the Book of Life like they thought. I think that might be where people misunderstand their salvation. Being saved isn't a prayer said, and then go back to living life as usual. It's seeking that intimate relationship with Jesus, our betrothed. It's sneaking off to chat in the our Secret Place. It's listening to the plans he has for our future together, and being amazed at how unique and fun they will be. "The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before His angels." Rev. 3:5. Because my betrothed conquered death, and we are united, I too will conquer and be named in front of the Father. Thanks for the reminder to stay faithful to my bridegroom. With Jesus as my guide, he will lead me all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to everything you wrote, Katy Lee! Yes, we are engaged! And our Bridegroom is as excited about us as we are about Him! Blessings to you.. still praying for your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An example I can think of is I once knew a family who is Catholic. During the week they would sin in many ways, shapes, and forms. As long as they went to Mass on Sundays in their eyes they were “good”. But they would continue in their sinful ways when Monday hit. There was no sense of a strive for righteousness. If you truly know Jesus then you wouldn’t want to live like that. I do believe there is a difference in struggling with something but having that absolute desire to repent and change and continuing to live a life that you know is sinful but as long as you go to church once a week your fine. It’s a heart thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great example! If they truly knew Jesus, they wouldn't want to sin. Those desires would grow less and less. But yes! We ALL struggle with sin. It's really a matter of the heart..as you said. Do we hate our sin and want to do better? Do we come before the Lord and repent? Blessings!

      Delete
  7. Catholics don't believe as long as you go to church once a week your fine. We have the Sacraments of Confession and Holy Communion to keep us in right relationship with our Savior Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the above commenter said that all Catholics believed that. She was just using her family as an example. However. the ONLY thing that keeps any of us in a right relationship with Jesus is faith and trust in Him, repentance of any sin and spending time with Him one-on-one in prayer, worship, and reading the Scriptures. It's a relationship. You're talking about a religion here. There are no sacraments or rituals or anything like that that will save you. Those are things made up by the church. I encourage you to read your Bible and find out for yourself. Jesus loves you so much. He wants you, not your sacraments!

      Delete
  8. A Sacrament is an outward sign instituted by Christ to give grace. We are talking about the Catholic Church not a religion. We pray, worship and read the Scriptures at Mass. That is what the weekly Sermons are based. The whole goal is keep a right relationship with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MaryLu this post really gave me a revelation on the scripture, "one will be taken and the other left behind." I never could figure out that would mean half the world would be saved and that doesn't fit with the scriptures. Now I believe and understand that Jesus is talking about the "Church" thank You so much for this post, it really helped me past this confusion here. So many say they are Christians, yet have little if any relationship with Jesus. They've made Him an idol, but not their Savior, who those who know Him will love Him through all eternity. Powerful message. Love you Sister!! The Rambling Rose

    ReplyDelete