Monday, September 20, 2021

You are Invisible and Invincible to the Enemy!

 

A pastor I trust recently had a dream in which he was ministering, preaching, pastoring a group of Christians. He heard something and turned around to see a massive army coming at him, but it was an unusual army. The uniforms were all very different and mostly from history... they looked like you would expect uniforms to look from Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, etc. It was a frightening sight. They were advancing fast and with great power, and there was nothing this pastor could do but continue to minister to the people. Oddly, as this army overcame him, they marched right past him and the people, moving past them as if they couldn't even see them. Shortly after this, he was taken up into the clouds. Later the Lord gave him the interpretation of the dream. The army is the army of the Beast System. It's the Beast Statue of King Nebuchadnezzar rising and conquering the world, as we see it begin to do now. Many of you feel like that beast is advancing toward you and backing you in a corner, but the Lord wants you to know that you are invisible to the enemy!
 
This reminded me, of course, of how a mother hen covers her chicks with her wings. I never really understood what that meant until I went to a farm and actually witnessed it. The mother hen not only covers her chicks beneath her wings, but she hides them. I watched as she gathered all her chicks, stuffed them next to her body, and then fluffed out her wings over them. There had to be a dozen chicks, but I could no longer see them. If an enemy came upon that hen, it would not have even known the chicks were there. 
 
Of course this reminded me of Psalm 91.
He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge;  Psalm 91:4
 
And these passages too
 
Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings, Psalm 17:8

How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. Psalm 36:7
 
Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, Until these calamities have passed by. Psalm 57:1

Because You have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.Psalm 63:7
 
Remember when a mob of angry people grabbed Jesus, intending to throw Him off a cliff? 
 
 So all those in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, and rose up and thrust Him out of the city; and they led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built, that they might throw Him down over the cliff. Then passing through the midst of them, He went His way. Luke 4:28-30 
 
It wasn't His time, so Jesus was able, by the power of God, to basically become invisible to this murderous mob and slip away without them even knowing!  Do you think He will do less for you?  
 
Remember Jesus told us that the devil will never win against the church
 
And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.  Matthew 16:18 
 
But we are told that the devil WILL be able to conquer the Tribulation Saints
 
It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. Revelation 13:7 
 
This may seem like a contradiction until you realize that the church is taken out of the world BEFORE the Tribulation. 
 
If you are a true follower of Jesus and you love and worship Him, you are part of the church. So, as we are all watching the beast rising in this world, seeing his army start to march, don't be afraid! Dwell in the secret place of the Most High, and He will draw you beneath His mighty wings, where you are not only invisible to the enemy, but invincible! 
 
So, just like this pastor, don't watch the enemy's army, turn around and keep your focus on Jesus and what He wants you to do. He will protect you. He will provide for you. He will always be with you, right up to that moment you hear the trumpet sound and His call to you to "Come up here!" 
 
Which I think is happening sooner than we think.
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Hi MaryLu
    A very comforting word. It ties in with Isiah 59:19 which you've posted on Friday.
    Keep on with the good work.
    We will be home soon.
    I've noticed that the king James Bible is the only translation from the ones that I have checked that makes reverence of the enemy coming like a flood. It seems the other translations make it look as if it is the Lord and not the enemy.
    Looking at the Hebrew I prefer the kjv as the right translation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer the KJV. I believe it is the most accurate and unaltered. But I know sometimes its hard for people to understand.. so I sometimes use the NKVJ.. That's very interesting.. didn't know it was the only one that spoke of the enemy coming in like a flood. Thanks, Chris

      Delete
  2. Thank you, MaryLu. It's become my habit to read your post first thing when I get up on Mondays and I am never disappointed. Interesting about the hen, I did not know that about her hiding the chicks. Psalm 91 is one of my favorites, there's hymn I like that was inspired by that psalm ("On Eagles' Wings").

    Your last paragraph where you wrote, "don't turn around" instantly made me think of Lot's wife. She turned to look back at the destruction and was consumed. Even Jesus warned, "Remember Lot's wife" (in Luke 17:32) which always worries me because I would likely be someone who had to turn around and look. I'm clinging to the part where the Rapture happens "in the twinkling of an eye" as that sounds instant and hopefully won't allow any time for looking back!

    Thanks for the Monday morning uplift! Hope you have a blessed week!

    Rebekka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Rebekka! I hadn't thought about Lot's wife, but you're right. I think it was what was in her heart that got her turned to salt... she longed for her old life, for the things of this world... so I have a feeling that even if you looked back, it would only be out of curiosity.. not because you long for this world... so no worries.. but I do love that when we hear that trumpet, we will instantly be with the Lord! Blessings!

      Delete
    2. That's so true, MaryLu. If I looked back, it would be curiosity and not a longing to stay in the world - unless my cat was left behind. That could tie me up. But I'm glad you pointed that out. The Lord does know what's in our hearts, and would have known Lot's wife's heart, too. That makes me feel much better!

      Still, cue up the trumpets!

      Delete
  3. The Geneva say it comes on like a flood also. The Ferrar Fenton says it comes like a torrent. Moffatt says like a pent up stream. I'm a KJV bible reader myself but I sometimes like to check other versions to see their point. Rapture soon ? Only God knows, just be ready in all seasons. My preacher using the 7000 year plan and israel becoming a state in 1948 say sometime in 2024. I can't remember exactly how he came to that conclusion it was complicated. People making predictions forever but, you won't get ahead of God...Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard,thanks for visiting my blog! Yes, I believe with all my heart the rapture is soon...I've been a watchman for several years now. Of course only the Lord knows the day and hour but the Apostle Paul told us in 1 Thess. 5 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. But I will definitely agree with you that we need to be ready All the time!! Blessings!

      Delete
  4. Excellent word today Marylu!
    Thank you and Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God showed me a year ago that He would keep His children hidden from what is to come upon the Earth. That He would provide everything we needed to survive and we would be invisible to any attacks. He would also give us more than we needed so we could help others. He then literally scooped me up and dropped me across the country on a mountain top with children to care for. He is so amazing. So yes, stay in the shadow of His wing and in your secret place and let the joy of the Lord be your strength. In our rejoicing, we are doing battle, and the attacks will bounce off us like ping pong balls.

    For Sukkot and everyday, I am rejoicing in His presence until I can dance and worship in His presence for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, you are always encouraging. Thank you! I love the ping pong analogy. I join you in worship of my King until He comes for us all!

      Delete
  6. I am extremely comforted by this posting!! Of course, being human, I worry about being attacked physically. I am not one much for pain and fear that if it was inflicted upon me, I would cave in and say what they wanted me to say just to avoid it. That is my biggest fear, but knowing that the Lord will protect and hide me gives me much comfort!! Thank you for this! Hope things are well with you and your family this week. Mine has been troubling and sorrowful as my own granddaughters do not want me around to celebrate any accomplishments in their lives. I have been totally left out and I must admit that it is painful. They never say why, but I have a feeling it is because of my faith and love of God. I have done nothing and said nothing to make them feel the way they do about me, except express my belief in God... not to them, as I know they do not believe in God, but on social media, etc. Perhaps that is the way it is supposed to be. I do not know and I do not understand. Your blogs comfort me and enlighten me, and I appreciate them so much. We find help and comfort in sharing things here, where it is safe. Thank you MaryLu!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, I'm so sorry about your granddaughters. Believe me, I know how painful that is. My own son has done the same to me. It doesn't matter what we do or say to them, because the enemy controls them (for now) and he hates us, so he will use them to inflict pain. Jesus said that we are blessed when we are persecuted for His name sake, so cling to that blessing and keep praying for their salvation. Great is your reward in heaven! Also, regarding the physical pain of perhaps being attacked or tortured, I, too, feel the same way. But I always remember the the Lord promises to never give us more than we can handle. Which means Jesus can pull us out of situations and take us to heaven before the pain becomes overwhelming. I heard a testimony once of a man whom Jesus pulled out of his body while he was being tortured and he just watched the event, feeling no pain. So, trust in the Lord! He will never leave you! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't dream very often, or if I do I don't remember my dreams. But last night I had dreams of torture. Not against me but everyone around me. I had to sit and watch and it just broke my heart. Oddly, it should have been a nightmare, but instead I just woke up feeling sad. And now today, I'm trying find my joy to rejoice in the Lord, but I just want to cry. So may my tears of sorrow and pity connect me with the tears of my Lord's over the many who don't hear the Shepherd's voice before it is too late for them. It's so close now. I need to take deep breaths. It really does feel like labor.

    On another note, I remember you mentioning something about the apostolic movement. I have many friends who are involved in this, and I have worshipped many times with them. But there are definitely things about this movement that don't feel scriptural, and really aren't. Especially the Seven Mountains thing. I don't know of any place in the Bible that mentions these. Yes? No? Maybe metaphorically? Anyway, I'm feeling especially sad for them today. Perhaps my dream was for them. Which makes me even sadder, because I know they live for the Lord. But I can see how if they think that they are in some kind of elite, elect, ekklesia rank in the kingdom of God, then they missed the part that God doesn't play favorites and loves us all the same. And it will be up to Him to decide what our roles are in heaven. Perhaps it is pride that comes between them and the Lord. I just don't know, but I know how the movement feels "off". :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, that sounds like a very somber dream. I, too, have had a sorrow around me lately. Perhaps it is the Lord, mourning over those who will be left behind.
      Funny you mentioned this New Apostolic Reformation theology. Recently, MANY of my Godly girlfriends have fallen into this trap. A few have been cruel to me when I tried to warn them. It is part of Dominion theology and very very deceptive because the pastors and teachers involved "appear" to be very charistmatic with healings, deliverances, etc.. and always quoting Scripture. However they twist it ever so slightly to deceive people into believing that the church will take over the world before Jesus returns... the 7 mountains as you said.. which I think are things like government, media, entertainment, finance..etc.. They believe in a global revival and turning back to Jesus, but from what I've researched, they are putting it all on themselves.. the power and glory onto them and their followers to bring this about. They do not believe in the rapture either. It seems to be a very man-centric theology that has little to no understanding of end times and what the Scripture actually says. It makes me extremely sad because like you said, many of these people are very Godly people. And they may very well get left behind. You are correct in your "off" sensation about it.

      Delete
  9. I found this and thought you might like it: http://www.pbs.org/godinamerica/view/?fbclid=IwAR3tRUY7h_fR66kjpbolICvKw4NOMEF87KPXR3X7Uk103nRtnshS1Dpyd9U

    ReplyDelete