Sunday, May 1, 2022

Greetings from Tennessee

 Dear Friends, I wanted to drop in to say hi. I will be flying home tomorrow.  My trip has been bittersweet. I am having a great time with family but it’s been difficult at times going through some of my Mom’s things, especially old pictures and notes, etc.   I’m learning things about my Mom I never knew and wished I could ask her about. Her life was full and adventurous and yet sad and difficult in many ways.  One thing I learned (but sort of already knew) about her was how much she loved her three kids.  She kept every picture, hair, note, sticky pad, and card I ever sent her. Amazing. She grew up without a father. Her dad was a navy pilot who died in a training accident just a few years after she was born. She didn’t ever have a good relationship with her mother… so grew up with issues that kept her searching for true love, and finally later in life finding it in the arms of Jesus. (Which is where she is now!)

Here’s a few pictures of my dear mother when she was young




She was an accomplished artist and nearly got her pilot’s license.  Though she had many difficult marriages and relationships, she was a very funny, interesting, caring person who never really felt she was worth much.  How wrong she was!

Here’s my brother and sister!

Here we are spreading my Mom’s ashes in one of her favorite spots.. in the Smoky Mountain National Park. She loved these Tennessee Mountains



My brother and sister convinced me to go on the sky bridge in Gatlinburg I’m not a fan of heights!



God Bless you all!  I haven’t kept up with much of the news this week, but I’ve read enough to know that things are escalating toward WW3 and the New World Order.  In the meantime, Jesus is coming! Get your hearts ready. Pursue holiness, without which no one will see the Lord!  Keep those lamps burning and stay close to our Prince The King of Kings and Lord of Lords!! 






7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing bits of your mother's life with us. Such a lovely lady, and how comforting for you and your siblings to have the peace of knowing she's in heaven and this is not good-bye....just a 'see ya soon'. :-) I'll take this ANY day over world news. Praying you'll make it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What precious pictures of your mother. So thankful you were able to spend this time with your brother and sister and share these pictures with us. Praying for safe travels home and looking forward to your next post because there's so much going on right now. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about Elon Musk! He is really amping up things in the world. God's love to you always Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you were able to spend time with your siblings and share in the happy memories of your mother. Thank you for sharing this. Thankfully the separation is only temporary. ❤️ Safe travels tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia LockhartMay 2, 2022 at 9:48 PM

    Thank you so much for sharing this. I know this has to be difficult for all of you. Big hugs and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m glad you were able to spend some quality time with your siblings as you celebrated your precious mother. I pray you were able to share the love of Christ with your family if they are not saved. Praying for safe travel home.

    Hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mama is beautiful Marylu. May the Lord bless you and your family as you grieve and put her to rest, and give you traveling mercies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much! I'm home now. Tired, but glad to be home. I miss my dear mother, but I know in my spirit I will see her again soon.. very soon. Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete