Monday, May 16, 2022

The Victor's Crown of Righteousness for All Those Longing for Jesus's Appearance!

 

 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand.  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing. 2 Timothy 4:8-9
 
Are you longing for Jesus's return? Do you yearn for and love His appearing? The Apostle Paul tells us that those of us who do will receive a victor's crown of righteousness. But what does it really mean to long for Jesus's return?  If you can honestly say that you long for Jesus to return, that you yearn for and despeartly crave to be with Him, that it fills your thoughts and your heart daily, then chances are you love Jesus with all your heart. 
 
Most of you have been in love at some time in your life. Remember when you wanted to be with that person as much as possible and when you were separated, your thoughts revolved around them and you couldn't wait until you'd see them again? This is how we are to love the Lord. We love Him so much that we are desperate to see Him, to be with Him. That's what Paul here means by loving Jesus's appearing. 

If you love Jesus like that, then the rapture is not just an escape from this evil world and our problems, but it is more about being with Jesus. Heaven is not heaven without Him. For me personally, I can't wait to see His face and to look His eyes. I'm a visual person and I need to see someone's face and the look into their eyes to really know what they are thinking. One look into Jesus's eyes and we all will know how much we are loved!  I can't wait!

Yet, I meet so many believers who are NOT longing for Jesus to return. They are enjoying their lives here. They have plans for their futures. They believe in Jesus but they say they aren't ready for Him to return. When people say that, I can't help but think that they love this world and the things of this world more than Jesus. And if that is the case, I fear for them, because when Jesus returns, He will not take those who don't want to be taken. He's a gentleman. It would be like your fiance not wanting to spend time with you, but rather preferring to hang out with friends and do other things. Would you still want to marry that person?
 
Then there are those who say they are believers but their lives are full of willful sin. It's hard to tell them from non-believers. 
 
They profess to know God, to recognize and be acquainted with Him, but by their actions they deny and disown Him. They are detestable and disobedient and worthless for good work of any kind. Titus 1:16 

But for those of us who love Jesus and live our lives for Him, we are the ones who are longing for His appearing. We are the ones who find nothing this world offers could ever take His place. We have forsaken all and count everything this world values as trash when it comes to knowing Jesus. 

Yes, it's been hard watching the evil in this world grow and grow. It's been hard listening to all the lies. It's hard to see loved ones and friends fall away. It's hard when sickness and trouble come our way.  It's hard when people reject us and we are shunned because of our faith. It's hard waiting year after year for our rescue. But in truth, I wouldn't have it any other way. I would go through it all over again if my Lord required. Because NOTHING compares to knowing Him and His love. And one day HE IS COMING TO GET HIS BRIDE!   He promised and He cannot lie. I believe it's very soon. 
 
Jesus knows your struggles, your fears, your heartaches. He wants to keep the faith, cling to Him, have patience, be obedient, and never give up. He is going to make all things new.

Then we shall receive the victor's crown of righteousness!  And the first thing I intend to do with it, is lay it at my Savior's feet! 






7 comments:

  1. Awesome post as usual! Very, very encouraging!! Can't wait to go to our eternal home!! I keep looking up and imagine what it will be like. Soon to be reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus is coming! It will happen!! Hang in there! It's going to be so much better than we can ever imagine!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement. Yesterday, my doctor said online that there was no rush on the endoscopy I need. I said, “well not as long as I can still breathe and swallow”. At church after that, the pastor said that if you got up and were able to breathe freely, God still has a purpose for you. Then he talked about Martha in the context of worrying. So then JD Farag talked about the exact same thing regarding Martha. Also, I had prayed that I wouldn’t have to do the Covid test and quarantine for my procedure. Today the hospital said they just stopped that requirement after 2 1/2 years. I told the lady she just made my day, and she was just as happy. So, I think God might be telling me to remember where my next breath comes from, and it’s not a doctor. He’s also reminding me to just trust in him and stop worrying so much. I can do what I can do, but God controls the outcome. But wow is this a hard trial. I never saw this one coming, I try to stay healthy after all, but then I guess we never do. And I tend to try to tell God what to do, so yeah, I am Martha 2.0, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Martha too, Cheryl! The Lord is always telling me to slow down and listen! I"M So glad that there is no rush on the endoscopy.. which must mean it isn't too serious. And Yes, J.D's sermon was great. It's amazing how the Lord will confirm His Word to us in more than one way. When I hear the same thing 2 or 3 times, I know I've heard from Him! Yes the Lord is in control. Nothing catches Him by surprise.. and He's already got the solution planned. love and hugs!

      Delete
    2. It’s serious. He just doesn’t think it’s the hiatal hernia. My heart and digestion are probably not getting the messages from the brain because of cervical radiculopathy. I can only wish for hiatal hernia instead. Cheryl

      Delete
  3. Love this MaryLu, love the love. I have always cherished this script in Timothy. Health and peace in Christ our Lord.

    ReplyDelete