Wednesday, October 19, 2022

If the Apostle Paul was concerned about this, maybe you should be too!

 

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
 
Recently I spoke to a good friend about the security of eternal salvation. She tends to believe that a person cannot lose their salvation and, as most of you know, I believe a person can. I've listed a host of Scriptures here on this blog to back up my belief. Here's my most recent one.  However, let me say something here first. Many of the people who claim to be Christians these days are actually false converts. So, in essence, they were never saved. We don't see any evidence of a changed life, no righteousness, no fruits of the Spirit, not an ounce of Christlike character. I do believe that it would be difficult for someone who is really saved to lose that salvation. I believe it would have to be a purposeful act of walking away from the Faith and going back to a sinful lifestyle. This is clearly what the Scripture teaches. See Hebrews 6 for just one of many examples, in addition to the post I linked above. 
 
Anyway, I told my friend that nearly every time I open my Bible I find yet another verse that proves my point and the one above did just that. Paul is comparing the Christian life to a race. Elsewhere in Scripture, he compares it to being a soldier, an athelete, and a farmer. In other words,  the Christian life is hard and requires work and discipline. NOT TO EARN Salvation, but to hold onto it and to receive the crown of Righteousness.  Notice how Paul is concerned that he might be DISQUALIFIED. I looked up that word in the Greek. 
 
adokimos - Castaway, Reprobate, Rejected
 
Now, some pastors may tell you that Paul is just talking about rewards, not salvation, but this word clearly means being cast away from the faith. But let the Bible interpret the Bible. Where else did Paul comment that we have to sacrifice something, do something to stay in the Faith, to win the race! Here's just ONE of many.
 
Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.  Philippians 3

Notice Paul assures us that we cannot achieve our own righteousness.. that is a free gift through faith in Jesus, BUT he goes on to say that his goal is to know Jesus, to suffer as He did, and to be conformed to His death. What does that mean? It means exactly what Jesus, Himself, said in the following verses. 
 
He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. John 12:25 
 
And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. Matthew 10:38
 
Notice Paul's last statement: IF BY ANY MEANS, I may Attain to the Resurrection from the dead. What is the Resurrection from the Dead. The Rapture. So, even Paul wasn't completely confident in his own ability to make it. He knew we humans are weak. He knew temptations were strong. He didn't even trust himself. He knew he needed Jesus and he had to cling to Jesus to have a chance.
I was going to close here, but I sense the Lord wants me to post just a few more verses
 
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1

If you are truly saved you will walk according to the Holy Spirit.
 
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God Romans 8:14
 
What does being LED BY THE SPIRIT look like? Would the Holy Spirit lead you to lie, cheat, steal, cuss, get drunk, fornicate, etc...?? OR Would the Holy Spirit lead you to spend time with Jesus, pray, read your Bible, grow in your faith, do good works, be kind to everyone? 
 
Yes, we are all in different places in our walk. Some are just babies, others more mature, but there should be some EVIDENCE that you are saved. Yes, we all sin everyday, but those sins should become less and less as you mature. In fact, as you grow in your faith, sin should slowly become disgusting to you and righteousness should become more appealing. 
 
I know I've beat this topic to death recently, but I run across SO MANY Christians, including many Watchmen on You Tube and a pastor I greatly admire, preaching that Once you receive Jesus into your heart, you cannot ever lose your salvation. So, you could never attend church, never read your Bible, never pray, and live a sinful life, and it wouldn't matter. That sort of attitude just drive me nuts!  

Time is VERY SHORT. I'm hoping this post goes out to as many people as possible. We can't play games with God. He will not be mocked. Stay in the Faith, work out your Salvation with Fear and Trembling! Die to self and live for Jesus. At least start on your way. God is very merciful. He will look at your heart. 

I leave you with this verse below. Read it carefully.  Apparently you can choose NOT to continue in God's Goodness. Wake up, people!
 
Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. Romans 11:22


6 comments:

  1. Very true God will never leave us nor forsake us but if we walk away He will let us go. That is the whole point of the free will we were given. We have to choose. Thanks for bringing the truth to light. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clutch my heart and praise my Lord with this notice. I fear every day that I am not good enough in Lord Jesus Christ to enter into His kingdom. I try. I try so hard, but every day I fall short and sin in some way. We are all sinners, but I try very hard not to be. I hope the Lord knows me by my heart and not by my flesh, for the flesh is VERY weak. I pray daily; many times daily, but is that enough?? I follow J.D. Farag faithfully; listen to his sermons, prophecy updates, and his Bible Studies, and even though I talk to Jesus a lot and ask for His direction every day, I am afraid that it is not enough. I do not read the Bible every day, and I do not recognize the sabbath as instructed. Life as a human gets in the way sometimes. and even though I do not love the world, and look for the rapture every day, I still have to live in this world and conform, in some ways. I am alone in this world, and for some reason, He wants it to be that way. I am sure that if I had someone in my life, I would not be so adherent to Jesus and the Way as I am now. I get lonesome, and I do not partake in fleshly relief in any way, shape or form. I love Jesus with my whole being. I just do not follow Him as much as requested. I try my best on social media to sway non-believers in the right direction, but I am not sure how much of my posts get read or believed. i am mocked by family members who openly do not believe, and who do not know me at all nor do they want to. They have said, just recently, "all you do is watch Fox News on TV, visit fake websites, and listen to conservative propaganda. Go outside and touch grass." I was very hurt by this, but should not have been, I guess, as this family member truly does not know me and is not a believer in Christ at all, but I pray for her every day that she may find her way in the Lord. But it still hurts to be viewed this way by my own family, none of which is true. I strive so hard to be in the Lord, but as a human, I fear I fall short every day. Jesus, I pray, please forgive me. I long so badly to be with you in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I was concerned when I posted this that I might cause fear in some people. That was not my intent. Believe me when I say this, this post was not for you! I am not God, but just from your comment, I can tell you love the Lord and want to follow Him. Yes we ALL mess up every day. And oh, how the devil loves to make us feel guilty. It's not at all about DOING ENOUGH. It's all about your heart. Do you love Jesus and have a relationship with Him and do you want to follow Him? It's the desires of your heart that matter. Remember it's all about having a relationship with Jesus. And like I said in my post, we are all in different places in our walks. When I first got saved, I didn't read my Bible every day, I didn't always do the things I should be doing, but as the years passed, I grew in my faith and the Holy Spirit led me to become more like Jesus. Remember Paul fell short every day too. He wasn't perfect. He struggled just like we all do. We can never earn our way to heaven by doing good. The question is only ... do we love Jesus and are we on our way to becoming more like Him? In other words, are we in the race at all? This post was meant for Christians who are sitting on the sidelines, purposely committing daily sins, not spending time with Jesus and still thinking they will make it. I'm also sorry your family has been so cruel to you. You are NOT alone. Members of my own family have said much worse to me. When you are persecuted for the Lord, you are truly blessed. Don't let the enemy cause you confusion or guilt! When you mess up, repent and ask the Lord to help you next time. Just get back in the race and keep moving... that's what the Lord requires. He wants your heart... your love and to me, it sounds like you already love Him so much. So please rest in Him.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, MaryLu...that helped an awful lot. I just love it when you encourage us all in our walk with Jesus. We all need that sometimes when doubt sets in, and I am sure that is all from the enemy. I tend to forget that sometimes. (hugs).

      Delete
  3. Preach it MaryLu ! Preach it from the roof tops ! I am 100% in line with this word. In fact I just quoted that script from Romans 11., and I always highlight the word "continue".
    May we all continue our quest to know Him who created us, saved us and knows us by name. In His Holy Name, Jesus Christ !

    ReplyDelete