Thursday, January 26, 2023

Left Behind: Rise of the Antichrist!

  Wow. I was very surprised to hear that a movie about the Rapture was being released this week. I had no knowledge of this movie until a week ago. Is it a coincidence that it coincides with the release of my final book in my End Times trilogy, When Angels Rejoice?  In God's Kingdom, there are no coincidences.  Anyway, I wanted to mention that the movie releases today. I am posting the trailer below. From what I know it is produced by Christians (unlike The Chosen), but I have not seen it and cannot vouch for it. However I encourage you to get out and see it and help support Christian films. And let me know what you think. It's not playing here in many theaters or at reasonable times, so I may wait to stream it. 
 

God Bless!

6 comments:

  1. I will not be going to see this movie for many reasons. If this really is a Christian movie I would expect them to use this platform to promote the gospel and tell people how to be saved and to be ready for the return of Christ. The Left Behind books did not do that. I’m pretty sure the book series even portrayed the Pope being raptured. Perhaps one of your viewers can post a comment after going to see this to say if the movie points people to Jesus or just instills fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your concern. I read the books years ago and saw the first movies, and I do seem to remember a scene where the main character gave his life to the Lord... I think it was in a bathroom somewhere, but I can't swear to it. Nor do I remember the Pope being raptured. However, I do believe that the essence of the films can impact people to seek out the truth in Scripture or ask someone they know who is a believer about the rapture and how to be saved. I hope and pray this film makes that clear, but if not... sometimes fear is a good motivator to seek out truth as well. God can reach people through many ways.. so let's not put down a book or movie that God may actually use to save some. :-)

      Delete
  2. The left behind series is about just that. A possible way that you would have to live if you were not raptured and the choices you have to make. But it does point to Jesus and the ultimate victory that happens. That movie is just about the first book a person left behind and what the world is like once the church/bride is gone. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went and saw it Sunday with my family. I thoguht it was great. It even leads you in a prayer of salvation at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing! I heard that too... that Mike Huckabee leads people in a prayer at the end. That's awesome. I can't find anyone here to go see it with. LOL Will wait for it to come out on DVD.

      Delete