Monday, June 12, 2023

What Does God Want Most of All? And How to stop Sinning!

 

Christianity is NOT:

  • A Belief system
  • A Set of Rules
  • A Community Group
  • A Religion

What is Christianity then?
 
It is a relationship with Jesus. What constitutes a relationship? Think about it. What do your closest human relationships consist of? What makes you close with that person? Here are some ideas:
 
  • Constant and open communication
  • Spending quality time together
  • Sharing intimate ideas and feelings
  • Listening to that person and longing to please them
  • Trust in that person
 
God made us to be relational with one another. Even the most introverted and loner-type person still needs a close relationship with someone. So, since God created us this way, doesn't it make sense that He is that way? That He desires to have a relationship with us?  Isn't that the whole reason He sent His only Son to suffer and die and rise again in order that those of us who believe in Him can have a close relationship with God??  Jesus had to pay the price for our Sin because our Sin was keeping us apart from knowing God. We could not approach God in our sinful flesh, but now we can come boldly before His throne and speak to Him as precious children! What a privilege? 

 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16

 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”  Romans 8:15
 
Then why do so many "Christians" never spend time with God? They never take advantage of the greatest blessing of the cross. 
 
And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. Genesis 3:8
 
God wants to restore mankind to the Garden of Eden!  We can see from the Scripture above that God walked in the garden often, perhaps daily before the fall. God never changes. All He wants is to walk with you in the cool of the day as He once walked with Adam and Eve.  He wants you and He to grow into a close, intimate relationship in which you both get to know each others' heart, you both share the deepest part of your souls, you laugh together, enjoy life together, and trust one another!  Think of what a privilege it is to do that with the CREATOR of all things!  
 
And once you begin to grow in that relationship and start to really love Jesus, you NO LONGER WANT TO SIN.  Because when you love someone, you don't want to hurt them or disappoint them. All you want to do is please them.  This is how you can get rid of willful sin in your life. Fall in love with Jesus!
 
He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” John 14:21
 
Someday soon, those of us who truly love Jesus will be caught up to be with Him forever. We will be restored to God's original intent for mankind in the Garden of Eden where we will walk and talk with God daily in person. But you can start doing that now in the Spirit! Christianity is not complicated or hard. It's just a relationship with Jesus. And like any relationship, it takes time, effort, and sacrifice. But it is so so very worth it!  Once you love Jesus, truly know Him and love Him, nothing else matters and the things of this earth grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace!!  
 
Keep looking up, Saints! Time is shorter than you know!
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely right on target. I have been reading this blog for a while now and see nothing that doesn't line up with God's word. It is so amazing to be able to read and share God's Word in the midst of this chaos going on. May God continue to Bless you Marylu. And you are right it's very soon that the rest of Revelation will be fulfilled. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. It's all the Lord. I'm happy He has used me to bless you and others! See you soon!

      Delete
  2. MARYLU PLEASE GO TO YOU TUBE AND FOLLOW DW NEWS FEED FROM EUROPE NATO JUST STARTED THE TEN DAY “EXERCISE “ LAUNCHED FROM GERMANY IT LOOKS LIKE THIS IS THE REAL DEAL THAT WAS TALKED ABOUT IN YOUR NEWS BLOG FROM LAST WEEK LOVE YOU AND SEE YOU SOON I PRAY I AM NOT IN FEAR BUT IN AWE OF HOW THE LORD JEASUS IS ALLOWING ALL TO UNFOLD RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES!!! PRAISE THE LORD JESUS PLEASE TAKE US HOME SOON LOOKING UP FOR IT AND LISTENING FOR THE TRUMPET !! From Joe Kenneally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joe! Thanks! Believe me, I'm keeping my eye on things over there! I will be following the news closely. We really do live in exciting times! See you soon!

      Delete
  3. I think I struggle with believing God really cares because I have never had an earthly relationship with those examples you gave. I know that is the enemy's plan so I don't seek Jesus for that relationship. But I have to force myself to believe that God does love and care, regardless of my human relationships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, we are kindred spirits. I relate very much to what you are saying. I never had a father. My mother and I, although I know she loved me, were not very close. I've had many failed relationships, including 2 husbands whom I was never close to. i've had very few good friends in my life and they've always left me. So, I understand. It took me years to actually begin to believe that Jesus loved me... Just keep at it! Ask Jesus to reveal His love to you and ask Him to help you love Him more. That has been my prayer for years and it really works!! I will pray for you!

      Delete
  4. I think I struggle with believing God really cares because I have never had an earthly relationship with those examples you gave. I know that is the enemy's plan so I don't seek Jesus for that relationship. But I have to force myself to believe that God does love and care, regardless of my human relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings MaryLu, That script from Gen " And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day". Every time I read that or hear it I go into visions of imagining the sound of God !!! They could hear him speak, what was His voice like?, I wonder if they could see Him, smell Him. Would God smell like olive oil, or the holy mixture of anointing oil ? And you said about relationship " God created us this way, doesnt it make sense the He is this way ? Yes MaryLu makes perfect sense to me. And I think before the fall we were very likened to our Creator in ways we wont fully know again until He comes to restore that friendship we shared in Paradise.
    My family life was very chaotic as a child. In Catholic school, first grade, I found a little grotto between the schools and church buildings with beautiful flowers, cement benches and a statue of Jesus, a prayer station in this beautiful garden and i hid away there scared of the world around me. Thats when I fell in love with Jesus. He was my hiding place. And every time things were bad at home, I would run to that place in my heart, and I always found Jesus there. But I went my own way as I got older and it wasn't until I was 33 that I returned to the Lord, and as always He was right there waiting with open arms. But even in those troubled years, I knew Jesus never left me. It was me who didnt want Jesus to see my sin. My Sister said the most beautiful thing to me one day, she said; " Joey I am so glad I dont have to hide my sin God anymore, because Jesus wiped my sins away" ! She is one special Lady my Sister !
    And so arent you MaryLu.
    I pray for all who come here, to this place of truth and friendship, I pray that the love of Christ fill us all with the knowledge of just how deep and wide and high is the love God has for everyone of us. And that knowledge would set down deep in our hearts, like an anointing oil that heels all past hurts in relationships and awakens our hearts to the perfect peace of the love of Jesus Christ our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder what it will be like to look Jesus in the eyes... to feel his embrace, to hear his voice.. what does it sound like? I can't wait.
      I'm sorry about your childhood, Brother, but look how it brought you to the Lord! if things had been perfect, perhaps you would have never hidden in that garden with the statue of Jesus. Even though you drifted away later on, that precious beginning remained, along with your Savior. I also pray for all who visit my blog. I want them to feel loved and to feel the power and love of the Holy Spirit so strong that they want to know Jesus more! Blessings!

      Delete