Monday, August 7, 2023

Is Your Pastor a Sucker-Branch?

 
My brother in Christ, Joe, sent this to me in an email and I thought it was so good, I wanted to share it with you all.  Enjoy!
 
Guest Post by Joe Schiavone
 
I have always loved the grape vine since I was a small boy. It was said that my Grandfather brought 3 things from Italy with him on his trip  America. Pieces of the fig tree, various vegetable seeds, and the beloved stems of the grape vines.
 
The grape vine was a symbol of life, and still is in many European countries. It is a source of food and medicine, honor and prosperity.
Though I didn't know all this as a boy, I always admired my Grandfathers loyalty to the love and special care he gave to all God's food gifts of the garden, but special attention was given to the vine. Grampa was an amazing man, and his gardens were not only abundant food producers, but his gardens was a work pf art. A beautiful place to pick from, or to just sit quiet and gaze upon its beauty.

Now, finally in my later years I have started a vine of my own. And it has given me a new and greater appreciation for all the special care Grampa paid to it. Not only that, but the vine is talked about throughout the Bible. Jesus first miracle was turning water into wine. He used the story of the vine to illustrate His Lordship over the church and God as the Master Gardener.

I have learned a lot these last two years about the vine, how it grows and the importance of pruning it properly, and why. I believe that God often uses the physical, natural things to reveal spiritual parts of His Devine nature. Hmm, I just noticed that the word Devine has the word vine in it, how appropriate! This is what the Lord has been revealing to me about the vine as it pertains to today's church.

The anatomy of the vine; The vine is a very strong vigorous grower and will grow tall and wide and thick whether it is pruned or not. Its roots spread deep and strong enough to encroach on most anything it encounters. The stronger the root system under normal circumstances, the larger the and stronger the plant above will be. It's branches can span hundreds of feet and the foliage large and lush and deep green. Actually it is a very beautiful plant if you're not concerned about the fruit. I've see unattended vines bend cyclone fences and lift their poles right up out of the ground. I've seen them wrap themselves around big, very old trees and choke them off until they destroyed them, yet the vine continued to grow and flourish using the poor old hollow tree as a ladder so it could reach it's next victim. It can be a most fruitful plant feeding many, or a most deadly plant destroying everything it comes in contact with. And once it is established and left to grow wild it is near impossible to get rid of it !

But God is concerned about it's fruit. Jesus came as the vine and that the vine would produce much fruit.

John 15: 1 I am the vine and my Father is the Gardener. He cut's off every branch that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself, it must remain in me. I am the vine and you are the branches. If a man remains in me, he will bear much fruit, apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers, such branches are picked up and thrown into the fire  and burned.

  How does this reflect the church today? 2 Timothy 4:3 For a time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth, and turn aside to myths.

  So the grape vine has what we call suckers branches. these branches do not produce any fruit, and never will. They have the biggest and most attractive leaves. But they grow vigorously, out and away from the rest of the vine. These suckers are preachers and teachers that pervert the word of God for their own personal gain. They teach false doctrines of no need to repent, Jesus is not returning, we don't need to pray the Fathers will. They promote the healthy wealthy and wise false doctrine. And they spend more time talking about who they are than who God is! These are the wild branches I was talking about. They must be cut off or they will smother the good branches that do produce fruit. They will draw many away with their showy foliage and soon there will be no fruit on the plant.

  You may say, well the scripture from John says that the father is the gardener? True He is the Master Gardener, but aren't we co workers in the fields with Christ. Did Jesus not instruct us to tend His flocks.

  When I see the Apostasy running rampant in the church today, the utter lack of reverence for God, Almighty God, Sovereign God, my heart is torn. I am trying to make you aware of the sheep in wolves clothing that Jesus said would infiltrate the church. They are here if you hadn't noticed.

  Here's a good test, when you are in church or anywhere listening to the word, and your ears suddenly perk up, or your heart cautions you, stop !!!! and listen to it. This is the Holy Spirit of which you boast so much about being filled with. But why bother if you wont listen to Him ?

You may say, Brother Joe, aren't you judging ? Who made you judge over the church ?

Actually; I'm selfishly looking out for my own life !
 
Ezekiel 3: 18 If I say to the wicked man, ‘You will surely die,’ but you do not warn him or speak out to warn him from his wicked way to save his life, that wicked man will die in his iniquity,c and I will hold you responsible for his blood. 19But if you warn a wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness and his wicked way, he will die in his iniquity, but you will have saved yourself.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wasn’t that a great sermon From a True Believer ! I thank The Lord He’s my Brother in Christ And thank you MARYLU for posting Joe Kenneally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Joe that you have seen, as I have many ungodly things going on in the churches today. I hear pastors say things that make me want to jump up in church a yell out " That's not true, stop saying that " !!! And you look around the room and see people mesmerized by them. They take a scripture out of context and build a whole audience captivating show out of it. These are Christians that know the Word, can they not hear !
      But of us Jesus said: John 14: 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and will be in you.

      Delete
    2. Thank you both!! So many false teachers these days. Breaks my heart

      Delete