Monday, September 4, 2023

He is Our Hiding Place!


 
 Oh, how great is Your goodness,
Which You have laid up for those who fear You,
Which You have prepared for those who trust in You
In the presence of the sons of men!
 
You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence
From the plots of man;
You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion
From the strife of tongues. Psalm 31: 19-20

You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah Psalm 32:7

Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him,
On those who hope in His mercy,
To deliver their soul from death,
And to keep them alive in famine Psalm 33:18-19
 
There are hard times coming and coming fast. I wanted to post about false doctrines, but the Lord wanted me to encourage you all by listing these PROMISES of His. Remember the Israelites in Egypt, how the Lord kept them safe in the land of Goshen while He poured out plagues onto the Egtptians?  He will do the same now. He never changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!  

He is our Hiding Place. He will keep us safe in His Pavilion! He will deliver us and preserve us from trouble!  He will feed us in times of famine! (which I believe is coming)  Notice there are conditions to be met. 

You must fear the Lord and Hope in His Mercy.  Psalm 91 gives us more clues as to what that means. 

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

To fear the Lord doesn't mean you are afraid of Him. To fear the Lord means you hold Him in High Esteem, You reverence Him, You love Him. How do you dwell in the secret place of the Most High?  You cling to Jesus. You follow Him, obey Him, believe Him and trust in Him.  We all are in various stages of our walk with Jesus, but He looks at our hearts. If we are striving to know Him, follow Him and love Him, He promises to protect us and provide for us. 

You can take that to the celestial bank!  So be encouraged and filled with joy. Your Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills! He will never leave you or forsake you. 

And though we may see some trouble in the near future, HE is coming to get us Soon... to snatch us out in the nick of time! Trust in that! 

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud cry of summons, with the shout of an archangel, and with the blast of the trumpet of God. And those who have departed this life in Christ will rise first.

Then we, the living ones who remain [on the earth], shall simultaneously be caught up along with [the resurrected dead] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so always (through the eternity of the eternities) we shall be with the Lord!

Therefore comfort and encourage one another with these words.
1 Thess 4:16-18 AMP classic

9 comments:

  1. I can’t wait for that trumpet blast! Come Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Glory Sister, a drink of cool water from the river of life ! This is a song from Psalm 32 we used to sing at a Pentecostal church when I first saved. I think the two Ladies that sang there, sang it even better. Really, the only thing I miss about the church was the worship ! And some special friendships I still share.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElVC6rfX3Z8&list=RDElVC6rfX3Z8&start_radio=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not in town at the moment.. so will check out the link later, Joe.. I also miss the worship at church but most churches cut it off too quickly for me... just when the Spirit starts moving! Just so they can move on with their program. MaryLu

      Delete
    2. I know. I always felt that church should start with worship and continue until the Spirit ends it. Then a half hour of scripture reading. Then a 20 minute sermon on the scripture that was read. I say 20 minutes so that we limits the amount of time a human has to distort the scripture read. Then end with a couple songs of praise and worship.
      And I have been in many services where the worship was so powerful, that there was nothing we could add or take away from what the Spirit did. So why force a rehearsed sermon to spoil the work of the Spirit. In such case, when the Spirit has finished His work, we should just kiss and hug in love and joy and just go home. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for this beautiful reminder. I've been feeling so lonely lately. I stopped going to church as that was not filling me in any way. It all feels so superficial. But I've also been so busy that I have felt like I've been growing distant from the Lord. The school year has given me so much more responsibilities. And right now, I'm handling 2 houses with students. As my friend has gone back to her home state where her father is dying. My body is not well either and I don't know why. I'm severely dehydrated. To the point that it's painful. My blood work isn't good because of it either. Strange times is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of Satan's strategy is to keep us busy. I struggle with that as well. Don't let him win. Our time with the Lord is of vital importance, especially now. I will pray for you, Katy, for your health and for you to feel the awesome love and presence of Jesus!! We are so close to going home. Don't lose sight of the finish line! MaryLu

      Delete