Monday, January 22, 2024

He Has Already Written the End of Your Story!


 
 As most of you know, I'm an author of roughly 30 novels. So, I'd say I'm pretty familiar with how to write a good story complete with plots, subplots, deep and interesting characters, adventure, romance, an overarching theme and purpose that drives the story line, complete with twists and turns, troubles, crises, and live-or-die situations, all wrapped up with a good and satisfying ending where the good guys win and the bad guys get what's coming to them.
 
I take no credit for this ability. It all came from Father God, including every story line. He is the BEST storyteller ever!  Out from His exceptional, creative mind come the best, most adventurous, wonderful, exciting, romantic stories ever!   
 
Part of my job as a story teller is to start out with a main character who finds herself in a bad situation. She has some major character flaws, weaknesses, bad beliefs, and often spiritual problems which are causing her to make bad decisions. My job is to take her from this position of weakness and failure through a series of events to an end where she has learned valuable lessons, grown both emotionally and spiritually and is now on a good path in her life. However in order to do that, I have to torture her. 😊  in other words, I know she's not going to change if everything in her life goes along well. She's only going to grow into the woman I want her to be, into the person who will end up having a great life, IF I put her through some very trying times. 
 
Remember God is a storyteller and He has already written YOUR STORY!  He knows the end from the beginning, and He knows what He has to allow to happen to you, in order to get you to the perfect ending He has for your life. 
 
In the story I just released, The Resolute, my heroine's circumstances go from bad to worse. At one point in the story, she finds herself kidnapped and held prisoner by the madman who raped her. In addition, her infant son has been taken from her. She has no idea who is caring for him or whether she'll see him again. She has hit a low point. What if, as I was writing this part of the story, she cried out to me, the author, "What are you doing to me? Why is this happening? Don't you love me? This is horrible. I can't take it. Do you even exist?" 
 
You see, she doesn't know the ending of her story!  She only knows the minute in which she exists. But I KNOW where I'm taking her. I know that if she cooperates, I have an ending planned for her that is so wonderful, she can't imagine it!  I tell her, "Hold one. Trust me. I've got a plan!"  I so badly want her to not sink into despondency, to not doubt my love for her, to trust that I have the ending of her story in the palm of my hand and it WILL come to pass!  
 
This is how our heavenly Father feels too!  He has already written the end of your story on page 365! He knows what it will be, and He's so excited to get you there. But you exist only on page 150, where things are looking bleak right now.  You don't know the end. You only can move one page at a time, and you don't see past that one page. 
 
As an author who always knows the end of my stories, I'm begging you to trust the AUTHOR of life, Father God, with your story.  I always get my characters to their marvelous endings and God promises to get you to your marvelous ending if you will just trust Him and follow Him. So don't look only at the page you're on. Don't run off and try to write your own story. I guarantee that won't work out well! God knows the perfect story for your life. He's already plotted it out and believe me, it's beyond your wildest dreams!
 
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2 
 
When I finally got this deep in my soul, it blessed me tremendously. I hope it does the same for you!
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Anna Maria CreightonJanuary 22, 2024 at 5:12 AM

    Thank you for sharing your insights into the storytelling process! It is so enlightening! I appreciate you and your writings so much! It will really help me when I speak to others who struggle with where they are in life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, Anna! I give God the glory! It blesses me that my posts help you and others.

      Delete
  2. This post was perfectly timed as this is EXACTLY what I needed to hear. I'm stuck on page 150 it seems, but God has never failed me and I'm trusting He will get me to my 'happily ever after'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I think I'm stuck there with you on page 150! But I know the Author and He is good!

      Delete
  3. Yes I hear this…page 150 indeed…however in my own experience when I do cry out from my depths when the “torture” gets to be too much, HE IS ALWAYS THERE with something. It’s usually not what I think I need, what I want, or even what I expect, but I trust Him bc He knows what I need exactly when I need it. Psalm 61:1-3 “ Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.” Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Blessed Pen of the Lord,
    Yes it did greatly bless me. What a wonderful analogy, God is our Author indeed. And isnt your post today amazing because I watched a podcast this morning by Alisa Childers, who is an author. Her guest was Ellen Vaughn, a biographer who wrote a book about the life story of another author :The Imperfect Life of Elisabeth Elliot.
    I believe we should call today; Honor your Author day !
    So I honor you today Dear Sister for your due diligence in bringing God's word forward tirelessly, week after week. Bring us all awareness of the times we live in, encouragement to persevere, and the hope of joy that is in Christ Jesus the Author Supreme !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brother! You always encourage me. You are a blessing!

      Delete