Thursday, July 1, 2010

My trip to the International Christian Retailer's Show!

Julie Lessman, Me, Julie Klassen, Sue Brower

I had a fabulous time. God is good! No travel problems, whatsoever. Just a couple small delays in the airplanes but I arrived everywhere on time and so did my luggage!  My friend and excellent author, Kaye Dacus, picked me up at the St. Louis Airport and drove me to the hotel, so that relieved some stress of finding a taxi or a shuttle. And my other friend and excellent author, Julie Lessman, took me back to the airport!
For those of you who don't know what this show is, it is an annual event for all the business owners of Christian stores throughout the world. They come together and take classes about how to run their stores more effectively, etc... and then they can wander through this giant convention floor filled with Christian vendors displaying their latest wares. Anything from paintings, to music CDs, to movies, figurines, decorations or all kinds, toys.... and of course the latest books! 
I did 2 signings and another fiction giveaway at my publisher's booth, and I met with my agent, had dinner with my publisher and just hung out with my author friends. We had a blast!
Here's some pictures you may have already seen on Facebook:


Kaye Dacus, Ronie Kendig, Mary Connealy, me, Nancy Mehl, Wanda Brunstetter


Mary Connealy and I signing books!



Hey, check out that line!!!!


Kaye Dacus, Nancy Mehl, and Ronie Kendig signing!


And finally


Julie Klassen (who just won a Christy Award for her book Silent Governess!!!) , Julie Lessman, and Me.

Stay tuned tomorrow for the beginning of Surrender the Heart Month!

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great time. I would have gone wild in that convention center with all the books and other fun things :) :) I've actually read Julie Klassen's book "The Apothecary's Daughter". It's a great read!!! Thanks for posting these pics again!!! Hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, we did have fun, didn't we, though??? Hard to believe this was the first time we actually met, MaryLu. Almost felt like we were sisters!! Uh ... I'm the older sister, of course ... :)

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda and Heather! Yes, you would have had a blast. And Julie, dear sweet Julie. What an angel you are. I really enjoyed our time together. I immediately felt as if I'd known you all my life! If anyone reading this has not read Julie Lessman's books, you need to run and pick up all of them. She's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I'm so happy you had a fun time! It's definitely a plus to have your luggage arrive when you need it and where you want it. I'm glad you had a safe trip there and back.
    Congratulations to Julie Klassen. I have been meaning to look into that book. I will try to get it so that i can read it while on my family vacation.
    I cant wait for Surrender the Heart!!! I need to read something from you! You are so wonderful MaryLu, God Bless you and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness--a picture where I'm actually smiling. LOL It was AWESOME to hang out with you and get to know you, girl. Looking forward to Africa. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a wonderful time, and I just wanted to tell you that you look really nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was so excited for Julie's win! Do they always host the ICRS in the same city or does it move around? If they move around I'd hope for them to come to Mpls!!

    ~Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. MaryLu, wow, a line, how awesome! I'm glad you had a great time. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete