Sunday, April 4, 2021

Beware: Easter is a Witches' Holiday!

I'm not trying to ruin anyone's Easter celebrations and I realize that most Christians' hearts are in the right place as they celebrate the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus. However, I would be remiss if I didn't at least post something about the pagan origins of this holiday. In particular, I found it frightening that Witches celebrate the holiday in much the same way we do. This was verified by my pastor who saw a post by a witch on Easter and he asked her why she was celebrating Easter, and her reply was "It was our holiday first."
 
The following was taken from a sermon by Pastor Sandy Armstrong of the Soldiers for Christ Community Church in Long Beach CA. 
I'm not telling you to celebrate or not celebrate it. I'm just giving you the information and asking you to find out what the Lord would have you do. 
 
1. Easter comes from a pagan figure called Eastre (or Eostre) who was celebrated as the goddess of spring by the Saxons of Northern Europe. 
 
2. Long before the time of Christ, the pagan goddess Ishtar, or sometimes known as Astarteor Ashtoreth, was worshiped in different countries. Our modern practice of sunrise worship originates from the pagan festival honoring Ishtar. 
 
3.The Origins of 11 Easter Traditions from ancient pagan culture
 
4. Easter was originally the celebration of Ishtar, the Assyrian and Babylonian goddess of fertility and sex. After Constantine Christianized the Empire, Easter was changed to represent the resurrection of Jesus Christ. However the Passover and Easter rarely landed on the same day.
 
 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.1 King 11:5 
 
Ezekiel 16:20-21 And you took your sons and your daughters, whom you had borne to me, and these you sacrificed to them to be devoured. Were your whorings so small a matter that you slaughtered my children and delivered them up as an offering by fire to them?
 
 Today Witches celebrate Easter in the same way as most Christians.
 
Easter is a pagan holiday that has morphed its way into Christianity. It was originally a holiday to the fertility goddess Aestarte, or Diana of Ephesusin the book of Acts. 
 
Rabbits are notorious for breeding hence the Easter Bunnies. 
 
The Origins of 11 Easter Traditions from ancient pagan culture 
 
1. DYEING EASTER EGGS 
2. THE EASTER BUNNY 
3. HOLLOW CHOCOLATE BUNNIES
4. EASTER BASKETS.
5. HOT CROSS BUNS  
6. EASTER FASHION PARADES 
7. SUNRISE SERVICES 
8. EASTER HAM 
9. GOOD FRIDAY KITES 1
10. EGG KNOCKING 
11. OSTERBRUNN
 
Please don't take this post as me telling you what to do or trying to make you feel guilty. The Bible says that God's people perish for lack of knowledge so I'm just giving you knowledge. Get with the Lord and see what He says. The Lord knows your heart!
 
Blessings! 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. My SIL wrote a paper on this & I also heard about it on TBN both many years ago. I'm sure you wouldn't hear anything about it on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) now. What you've said here is all a fact. Our pastor's sermon wasn't a typical "Easter" sermon, but of course, so many lost were in attendance that he focused on the sacrifice Jesus made for the remission of sins & how we can know that Jesus is who the Bible says He is for the unbeliever. Not about it being Easter Sunday. It made me sad when I asked hubby on the way home, "How many of those people who came to church for Easter, do you think will be back next Sunday?" He replied, "Probably zero." :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So wonderful to see you here, dear sweet Diana!! Thank you for your kind affirmation. I assumed I'd upset quite a few people, but so far no one has left an angry comment. I think it's wise for your pastor to focus on the resurrection and what Jesus did for us so we could have eternal life. It's not important what exact date we celebrate the resurrection. But that is sad that some people only show up on Easter and Christmas. A Gallup poll recently said that less than half of Americans even attend church anymore. I wonder how many of those are even true believers. I hope and pray you are feeling well and back on your feet!! Hugs and prayers

      Delete
    2. I talked to my nephew in CA last night. They had family over, a big meal, the works, but they didn't attend church. Non-believers celebrate Easter & Christmas bigtime.
      I'm feeling much better, thank you. I just tire easily. sigh...

      Delete
  2. Thank you Mary Lu for posting this information. Last year, I was so impressed to stop celebrating Easter and instead, celebrate the true meaning of Jesus as the final passover lamb and his resurrection 3 days later on the true calendar of his death and resurrection. I also learned the true of why dates were changed and pagan ideas behind Easter. The Lord reminded me of how important it is to separate from the world and how even in old testament times, they still offered sacrifices and baked bread for the false lady of heaven and kept their asheroth poles. I told my family that, in all good conscience, I could not celebrate Jesus' resurrection on the Roman pagan calendar date as pagans do anymore and fear I have really offended them. I hope, that their eyes will be opened and next year, we can celebrate the true resurrection day 3 days past passover instead of this false date with it's evil pagan meanings. Anyway, blessings to you sister in the Lord and thank you for being bold and stating the facts. If we can't stand up for truth now, we are in deep trouble when persecution begins. Stay strong, and speak the truth in love! In His love, a fellow sister in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you, Susan. I get much the same reaction from my family members. They think I'm being a pharisee and being too picky about such things. But God didn't take the worship of other gods lightly and I would rather offend man than offend God. It's a lonely road sometimes... I'm so proud of you for taking a stand. Blessings to you and your family!!! See you in the air soon, Sister!

      Delete