Monday, July 25, 2022

How to Recognize a demonic Attack and Deal with it!

 I got an email from an online friend who gave me permission to post what she told me. I feel it is so vital that we recognize when the enem is attacking us and then deal with it according to God's Word. So, here it is. 
 
Today I’m repainting my living room and hall way. A nice artic white. Ok yes, I’m making a mess and the house looks like it’s been turned up side down, but I have a few days to myself and wanted to get a project done. So here I am listening to Christian alternative on YouTube on my phone and every time a worship song comes on it would pause. Now mind you that phone is sitting about ten feet from where I am painting, face up and nothing is touching the screen, but it keeps getting paused. Not, frozen, paused so that you have to press the play button. I finally said out loud ok whoever is doing that please stop j really love this music. About this my leg burned and stung. Nothing is around me, as in objects, and before my eyes this cut comes up and two other welps which just bruised a bit (what I’m pointing to in the photo).   I say all this not to glorify demons and their silly attacks, but to say how awesome God is. I immediately rebuked whatever demon had just lashed out at me and then asked God to rebuke it himself and to send his might warrior angels and instantly I felt the holy spirit and the atmosphere in the room just became so charged. All my hair stood on end and I myself just wanted to just fall to my knees. I can’t even imagine how a demon would have felt. God is so awesome. I mean, we can’t even comprehend. I may fall sometimes, and I may get attacked and they may win small little battles but they will never win the war and they will never win my soul. God is sooooooo mighty! He loves us so much. 
 
Attached was a picture of her wound, which looked like it hurt! I remember one man in a Bible Study I used to attend tell me that demons can't move things or manipulate physical things, but I know that's not true, based on my own experience in Jamaica, which I've told here on this blog before.  
 
Remember as long as you are walking in the light, walking in obedience to God, filled with the Holy Spirit and walking in peace and love with your neighbors, the demons cannot touch you. But, let's face it, we all slip up now and then. The minute we do, we give permission for those demons to try and do us harm. I'm not saying that my friend did anything wrong. Maybe she did unwittingly or maybe not. Maybe someone else living in her home opened a demonic door somewhere, or maybe a certain TV show allowed one in. But the fact they attacked her so strongly is evidence that something was going on. It could also simply be that God allowed the attack to show her His power and glory! Regardless, She did the exact right thing by recognizing what it was, rebuking the evil spirits and asking God to send His angels. The demons MUST FLEE at the name of Jesus. When you've actually experienced this in person, it's like nothing else. It increases your faith and helps you to no longer fear the enemy.  And even though I don't wish anyone to be attacked like this, it is, in a way, a blessing.
 
So be strong, walk in the light, and if you ever get attacked, you know what to do!  
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that timely reminder on what to do when demons attack as that activity is only going to increase as time grows short for them. God bless you Marylu and your friend for her permission to share 🙏. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary Lu...thank you so much for sharing this report as it is a huge reminder that we are in and will continue to be in spiritual battles for our effectiveness for The Lord as well as for our loved ones.
    I am a born again believer for over 40 years and because of 25 years of abuse in every way, I felt for my life's survival, I had to leave my marriage. Long story short, I fell into two marriages ( I was so inexperienced and wanting love - one 9 years to a narcisist, and now 8+ years with men I thought were believers, but turned out to be "spiritual" and new age") & unevenly yoked. My current marriage is to a very kind, good hearted, giving man but he is totally into new age and doesn't believe we need a savior and often mocks me for my beliefs. I have come to realize, especially when he is under influence of alchohol, that it is demons mocking me and not him and pray all the time for his eyes to be open to truth and who God really is (he believes he is part of God consciousness and no separate God), for him to believe what is in scripture instead of these vain imaginations and foolish philosophies. We've had some very good conversations and many seeds planted, but he refuses to believe even though he has to admit I am the person he loves because of my walk with The Lord.
    Anyway, I tell you this because just recently, another big fight occurred (shorted than most cuz I know now not to go there) where it was totally demonic as all the stuff he was listening to I think opens doors in my home for these attacks on what I believe. It gets exhausting, but I keep praying and asking for God's covering and binding demons, but as of this point, can only hope for protection for me. It does affect our relationship as the memories of his attacks remain, I feel horrible for allowing myself to enter into this marriage but want to stay true to my vows. I do forgive and keep on praying. This war is real, we need to keep on the armour, continue to "stand" and claim our territory. I'm a retired teacher, so have time to be in the word daily but prayers are hard some times. I know God has forgiven me my mistakes, can turn what enemy meant for evil to good and I have learned so much about forgivenss and dieing to myself in trying to show pure love to my lost husband. Satan loves division and my husband's soul, and I choose not to participate with my bad reactions of hurt or defense so as not to open doors to spirits, but instead, I'm learning to rebuke evil and pray God's protection. Praying I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and once again, thank you for your blogs of encouragement! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, Susan, I'm very sorry for your predicament. Believe me when I say I know only too well what it's like to be unequally yoked as I spent the first 10 years of my current marriage with an unbeliever. I really think it's one of the worst (other than abuse) situations a woman can be in. I applaud you for your stance and your continued love and support of your husband. AND for your knowledge of and use of the weapons the Lord has given us for warfare. Because yes we are in a war and yours is in your face day by day. Yes, your husband is probably letting in demons but you have the power to cast them out and keep them out and to ask God for protection for both you and your husband. There's a Scripture in Corinthians.. not sure the exact reference but it says the believing wife sanctifies her unbelieving husband. So your presence there can also protect him and help the Holy Spirit to speak life to him instead of death. I know how extremely hard it is not to harbor resentment and hurt feelings, particularly in a marriage. You may have to release all those afresh every morning to the Lord. Remember love is more an action than a feeling and you staying with him and fighting this battle for him will produce much fruit. In the meantime the Lord is training you as a warrior in His kingdom! What a privilege. Keep speaking truth, love, and life to your husband. I will add you to my prayer list. Blessings!

      Delete
    2. Adding you to my prayer list as well Susan.

      Delete
  3. Hi MaryLu, Blessing to you from our Lord Jesus Christ, and to everyone on here. Yes demonic attacks are very real. We often think that we did something wrong, sinned, disobedience, or, yes, someone else in your house inviting the devil in, and not even realizing ! etc. This can be true at times. But also true in my experience is that, as was said here, we are at war. Sometimes the enemy will try to attack the weakest front because it is easier and quicker to post a victory. But when the enemy wants to make an impressive display, he will attack the strongest front. Did you ever notice that often when you are Spiritually super charge, suddenly from now where you find yourself in the battle of your life ? When we walk in the Spirit, displaying the nature of God's glory to those around us, it riles our rival to no end. Dont forget, satan wants all the glory. And he will launch a full attack on you to silence you from advancing the Kingdom ! Remember, Jesus fasted 40 day before the Lord when satan tempted Him
    But remember, He who is in us is greater the he who is in the world !
    I am impressed that this child of God who wrote this letter responded perfectly, and took back control by God's authority, and her authority in Christ !
    I often go around my property and anoint my grounds and doorway with oil and the word of God !
    Not sure you allow a song posted here MaryLu, feel free to block it, I respect your choice. But I often go to this song in worship at such times.
    If the url wont open the song is by Natalie Grant " My Weapon"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BpirBRWGUs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. I had not thought of that, Joe, but so true. Satan often attacks us when we are at our strongest spiritually and when we are doing real damage to the kingdom of darkness. I, too, have gone through my house and annointed with oil and claimed the house for the Lord and forbade any demons to enter. It's a good practice! Blessings, Joe

      Delete